Woops...32bit asio4all

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have found the reason for the very scary set of blue screen experiences. Well, not so much the reason as the perpetrator instead: Asio4all 32bit. 64bit has no issues, but suddenly 32bit doesn't work anymore. AND NOW I KNOW WHY, TOO!!! I've installed NCH Debut Video Capture, which installs stdriver64.sys, which it uses to feedback sound from the card back to record it. This precious thing, though, corrupts asio bitterly to blue screens. This is just a FYI thing...

Anyone had that happen, yet?

Anyway, mulab is just fine, of course.
AND CONGRATS on the 64bit version, in case I didn't comment on that, yet?!
Last edited by Taron on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Edit - go to next post :)
Last edited by Crackbaby on Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:hug:

http://forum.ohmstudio.com/discussion/3 ... r64.sys/p1

Same problem but with ohmstudio

Ohmguys:
According to this discussion here, a driver installed by a software called "sound tap" is causing the issue. Updating or removing it could solve the problem.

User:
its a driver from the debut screen capture software, but the debut screen capture software has been working fine since i installed it with no other conflicts. i dont see why i should have to remove it. i use other DAWs none of which have this problem...so still the issue is with ohmstudio...not the things already playing nice together on my system.

maybe someone over there needs to contact nch and figure out why ohmstudio doesnt like that driver?
a little later - User:
meh....i did uninstall the debut software. i make music far more often than i need to use a screen capture....but you guys might want to look into that anyway. so...its working now , but i have a new problem..ill start a new topic on it.
So, do you have Sound Tap/Debut installed? Looks to be the cause of the problem. If i have understood it right, it records the audio output of a specified device (or video?).

Thanks, Crack. I've already resumed my joy of doodling, haha. SO, I went into the USER/Settings and just removed the audio driver so that I could reset it once MULAB opened. That worked fine. Now I'm running the Realtek drivers again on my 32bit version.
I really love Debut Video, which is why I didn't want to screw with that. But I'm 100% certain that there's the asio4all issue from.

Thanks again, though! You're what makes such forums so precious!
ROCK ON! 8)

Boy am I getting hammered these days, what the hell...
Today, for perfectly unknown reasons, my Midi (Roland UM-1) stopped working for any 32bit app, like mulab 32 bit. Up until yesterday it had always worked. After getting rid of the NCH apps (Debut Video) and removing stdriver from the registry, Midi no longer works. Uninstalling drivers back and forth didn't do a thing. 64bit version has no issue and uses midi just fine.

Anyone had that happen, yet?

I'm a bit desperate, because most of my vsts are 32bit and I can't use them in the 64bit version of mulab.

You're going to have to venture into your system logs and see what, if any, errors are coming up.

Thank you, really, thanks. (taking a deep breath). Oh yes, there are a set of errors coming up. I've spent some time in there yesterday already and not all too surprising, new errors have joined the mix. Naturally I don't know what to do with them, nor how to solve them. I'm afraid I'll mess up more as I apparently must've somehow accomplished already. How? I have no idea...

What a damn curse this is, really. Tough to keep a clear head in all that. There's just so little control one has. Why must this be such a fragile crap. One single unknown mistake and the cardhouse starts crashing down.

Not a good set of days, not at all.

Anyway, thanks for pointing this out again, I just wished I knew what to do with it. :(

doh! :-o

Taron wrote:I'm a bit desperate, because most of my vsts are 32bit and I can't use them in the 64bit version of mulab.
Did you try jBridge?

You should get a gift-basket from him, hehehe... I just bought it!
Works like a charm to run the 32bit vsts in 64bit mulab! Just don't make the mistake to rename a file after it's been jbridged, hehe. It'll send it into a vicious process creation loop, only solvable by a forced shutdown of your machine. Other than that... going by the book makes it run beautifully thus far, as far as I can tell. Unfortunately not all can be tested with the demo version, but less than $20.0 seem well spent.
Thanks for that!

Naturally, I still have the damn sudden issue with my OS, because it used to have no troubles until today (or maybe last night?!). And I just don't know how to fix it. The web also couldn't give me any usable hint as far as I could look. Damn Windows, really.
I vow to never create any software that screws with the registry, hear me, I swear this here and now! :!: :roll:

I had problems with NCH software few years ago and learnt to steer well clear of it. There's nearly always something else. Now I rarely install any apps and try to find a portable solution. In 5 years of using portable apps, I've never had any problems with my OS or malware. At least none that weren't caused by user error :oops: :-)

I don't ever expect that learning ends, but the lessons I should've aced don't hesitate to swing around with a vengeance when you feel even just a tiny bit secure.
NEVER FEEL SECURE with anything Windows related, NEVER! :shock:

Anyway, jbridge works fine with vsts that have their own graphical interface, but as soon as mulab needs to show "generic vst gadgets" the conversion doesn't work and the interface won't show. Fortunately most vsts have enough pride to use their own gfx, but mda, for example, don't. Pity. Wonder if that's something worth looking into, what ever the reason may be? Either for Jo or for Jeff. Not sure how it acts in other 64bit hosts, because I don't care about others anymore
:wink: !

You could try to put the generic vst in the session mux, rightclick it and show generic editor/layout from there (can't remember what the command is called.

TOTALLY WORKS!!! YOU ROCK!
Right click on the effect and select "Edit in Generic Editor" at the very bottom. SWEET! :hihi:
Thanks! 8)

Return to “MUTOOLS”