Nord Lead 1 and Ableton Live

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Has anyone used these 2 in conjunction with each other?

Id like to do 2 things:

1.) Midi sync up the Nord Lead to Live via Midi Clock so that the Arp's on the Nord Lead are synced to the BPM/Tempo of Live.

2.) Also, alternatively, i'd also like to know, if i drew in midi notes in the piano roll on a Midi track (essentially creating my own arpeggiator, in a sense), how to utilize the sounds/patches on the Nord Lead 1 with the notes i drew in.

Hopefully all that makes sense and someone has an answer.

Thanks in advance!

-Sin
My work:
- soundcloud.com/sinthetic-studios
- ft13.bandcamp.com

IndustrialMusic wrote:Has anyone used these 2 in conjunction with each other?

Id like to do 2 things:

1.) Midi sync up the Nord Lead to Live via Midi Clock so that the Arp's on the Nord Lead are synced to the BPM/Tempo of Live.

2.) Also, alternatively, i'd also like to know, if i drew in midi notes in the piano roll on a Midi track (essentially creating my own arpeggiator, in a sense), how to utilize the sounds/patches on the Nord Lead 1 with the notes i drew in.

Hopefully all that makes sense and someone has an answer.

Thanks in advance!

-Sin
I can't speak to the NL1's MIDI sync, but the NL2x works fine.

One thing I can say is that no matter what external instrument you use, the best way to hear it in Live is to create an "External Instrument" that is set to the correct MIDI output, channel and audio input you're using. For this you'll need a MIDI interface and an audio interface... though sometimes these two things exist together in one box.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

oh i know about that. im currently using a Motu 828mk3 interface.

what im trying to REALLY do, which i cant figure out, is if i draw in midi notes on a blank Midi track, to have it playback the sounds FROM the Nord Lead.

or, if no one knows the Nord Lead 1 well, how about the Roland JP8000?

i was trying for hours last night with the JP8000 to do the same thing as i just mentioned.

maybe i need to investigate more on the External Instrument on top of a Midi track a bit better.

thanks!

-Sin
My work:
- soundcloud.com/sinthetic-studios
- ft13.bandcamp.com

do you just mean you want Live to trigger the Nord via MIDI? You just need to select a MIDI track - select the corresponding MIDI out with the port leading to the Nord...ensure you are on the right MIDI channel (1-16)...thats it...
Presets for u-he Diva -> http://swanaudio.co.uk/

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”