What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Questions about PRIZM - ask it here

Official support for: supersynths.com

Moderators: Karmacomposer, the_bill_harmonics

Karmacomposer
KVRAF

6042 posts since 7 Nov, 2005, from Florida

Postby Karmacomposer; Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:23 am

anxiousmofo wrote:I've barely had a chance to install Prizm since the Father's Day sale, but I have a few questions.

1). The download instructions mentioned putting some stuff in the SKINS folder, but I don't see any skins amongst the materials I downloaded. Am I missing anything?

2). Is there a view/skin that has an onscreen midi keyboard? I'm between keyboards at the moment, but would like to test out the vst before I grab a new keyboard in a week or two.

3).Is there any sort of manual for the vst?

Thanks again for the sale!

More than likely the skins were automatically installed with the synth installer, so you can ignore that - fallback to an older time.

Not sure if the newest wusik has a keyboard, but most hosts have one. Savihost is free and comes with a onscreen keyboard. I know most DAWs also have that (Reaper does, as well as Studio One Pro).

The manual for Wusik (and therefore PRIZM) is located here:

http://www.wusik.com/download/Manual.pdf

Mike
anxiousmofo
KVRist

104 posts since 1 Apr, 2012

Postby anxiousmofo; Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:21 am

Thanks, Mike. I am a REAPER user and hadn't thought to look for a keyboard built into my DAW itself. Will check that out. Ill have a new MIDI keyboard in a coiple of weeks, but that should work for now. Cheers.
yevster
KVRist

270 posts since 22 Nov, 2008, from Greater Boston

Postby yevster; Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:27 pm

Dumb question: Can Prizm be loaded inside a 64-bit DAW without a bridging solution? I know, should have checked before buying, but that Father's Day offer was so enticing...
paulbreeze
KVRian

750 posts since 6 Jul, 2009

Postby paulbreeze; Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:15 am

PRIZM is based on Wusikstation. WSv7 have a 64bit version. William is running a special on WSv7 at the moment.
yevster
KVRist

Postby yevster; Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:33 am

paulbreeze wrote:PRIZM is based on Wusikstation. WSv7 have a 64bit version. William is running a special on WSv7 at the moment.

Blech! I have to buy something else to use Prizm? No way. Can I just sell my Prizm for what I paid for it on Father's day?
paulbreeze
KVRian

Postby paulbreeze; Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:49 am

What DAW do you use ?

Another option would be to convert the wusiksnd files to sfz+wav for example and use the sample content this way.

PRIZM is - among others - a massive sample library.
yevster
KVRist

Postby yevster; Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:42 pm

StudioOne. Worst case, I could patch into Reaper with ReWire and load it in Reaper using Reaper's built-in bridging. But I'd rather not do that. It would be much easier to sell the thing.
paulbreeze
KVRian

Postby paulbreeze; Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:35 pm

Karmacomposer
KVRAF

Postby Karmacomposer; Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:56 pm

Hey guys, I have a 64 bit computer running a 64 bit DAW and can use PRIZM without problems. I do use Studio One Pro 64 bit and it works fine for me. I don't bridge stuff (as far as I know).

Anyway, you can re-sell PRIZM once and it becomes NFR and there is a $20 license fee.

You can also convert the library using Extreme Sample Converter to any format you can think of - or just convert the soundsets you want to use.

Can someone please explain this fascination with all things 64 bit??? I see NO VISIBLE ADVANTAGE over running 32 bit apps on a 64 bit system. I have a 8 core monster and I can run 64 bit DAWs and Sequencers and 32 bit DAWs and Sequencers and I have yet to notice one tiny little advantage save massive file sizes.

Mike
Karmacomposer
KVRAF

Postby Karmacomposer; Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:59 pm

yevster wrote:
paulbreeze wrote:PRIZM is based on Wusikstation. WSv7 have a 64bit version. William is running a special on WSv7 at the moment.

Blech! I have to buy something else to use Prizm? No way. Can I just sell my Prizm for what I paid for it on Father's day?

PRIZM is more about the library - they are WusikSND files and can be used in anything that can load WusikSND format. I am not sure if Kontakt can run them, but I would not be surprised. It's a sample file format, like SFZ.

I'll have to ask WilliamK, but Wusik may be able to convert samplesets to SFZ in house, so to speak. Then you can load them into any SFZ player.

I do eventually plan on converting PRIZM's library to other formats as one massive expansion, but just have not really gotten to it yet.

Mike
primelpott
KVRist

41 posts since 18 Aug, 2010, from here and there ...

Postby primelpott; Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:01 am

Hi Mike,

I bought PRIZM back in 2010. Now I'm switching to a new Machine (Win8-64bit / Intel Core i7 Quad / 8GB RAM) and would like to use Prizm as a library in Wusik 7.
I only can find four DVD-Isos containing the Wusik-Soundset (-SND) for PRIZM in my files. I think I do need the Presets, too.

I tried to get these from the site mentioned in my delivery mail, but the website www.hardcorehamonics.com doesn't exist anymore.

Where can I get these files now? Would You please be so kind to help me? Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Carsten

P.S. I sent this as a private mail to support@supersynths.com, but it came back: "erorrcode 550: no such user here" ...
Particular combinations of colors or black and white contrast may/may not cause epilepsy, nausea, or the urge to do weird things to domestic animals.
Either way, I shall not be held responsible for any of that.
Karmacomposer
KVRAF

Postby Karmacomposer; Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:11 pm

primelpott wrote:Hi Mike,

I bought PRIZM back in 2010. Now I'm switching to a new Machine (Win8-64bit / Intel Core i7 Quad / 8GB RAM) and would like to use Prizm as a library in Wusik 7.
I only can find four DVD-Isos containing the Wusik-Soundset (-SND) for PRIZM in my files. I think I do need the Presets, too.

I tried to get these from the site mentioned in my delivery mail, but the website www.hardcorehamonics.com doesn't exist anymore.

Where can I get these files now? Would You please be so kind to help me? Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Carsten

P.S. I sent this as a private mail to support@supersynths.com, but it came back: "erorrcode 550: no such user here" ...

Send me the original purchase email to mike@supersynths.com and I will send you the download links again.

Mike
Previous

Moderators: Karmacomposer, the_bill_harmonics

Return to Supersynths