Logic 8/9 crash if loading a Audio File in Crossfade Loop Synth.

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i'm a happy user with crossfade loop synth in logic. :hihi:
is there any chance expert sleepers will change the loading script from crossfade loop synth to 'protect' it from not working audio formats? what happen if i open audio file like *.caf loop in it? sure, it could not work, because it supports WAV, AIFF and SDII only. seems to be it would be very helpfull instead of crashing a running session from trying to load such wrong files to make sure crossfade could cancel its loading process if a audio file is not well formated, what *.caf, *.mp3, etc etc in this case are. while playing around with crossfade its easy to forgett sometime this important problem, so it happend often last time. :shock:
i've testet this issue on a logic 9 in lion and logic 8 in leopard, so i found out forward and backward stepping thru the folder for other audio is working well, it only crashes after selecting/loading a wrong formated audio. also very helpfull would be to have filter how long a audio file could be for this 'next' button even if crossfade has a warning if a file is perhaps to long.
or do i have a bug? :help:

On Mac (which presumably you are, seeing as you're using Logic) the audio file loading is handled by Quicktime, so it should be able to handle pretty much any format. It should also not crash :) Can you send me an example of a file which causes a crash?

I sent you a new version to try. Please let me know if it helps.

Return to “Expert Sleepers”