wistful ambient tune "reflective"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Pond near Flamingo, Florida by fate atc, on Flickr

wistful ambient tune "reflective"

4 instances of Diva, 3 of Zebra, and hardware, done performance style on 18 tracks

12.61 MB 6 min 53 sec at 256 kbps

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9504745/reflective.mp3

or second one down at http://www.reverbnation.com/fateatc/songs

any feedback or comments welcome

Lovely. You must have that signal chain set up pretty much perfectly for this combo. This sounded really well balanced and smooth. On my third listen now. Nice work with the panning too.

Good job, fatc :)

I did another version I like better. Didn't play the first one too well I don't think.

Thanks again seismic, much appreciated.

Second version

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9504745/reflective%20ll.mp3

Ok, I'll go with this one too. How much of this is improv and how much is rehearsed? Do you play through it a couple of times before recording, or do you just sit down and go with the flow?

Good work :)

Ah. Another one of those to leave running on the HiFi while wandering round the house (doing nothing of any importance) chilling out :tu:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

When I am setting up balancing things, I get a rough idea of what I'll play, but need to get better at this. How a particular sound works at the time, does kind of lead to something different once record is pushed. Curious the way sometimes things are going good until I hit record, then it all gets a little...uncertain.

thanks for checking this out seismic.

and thanks folderol, hope all is good there.

I listened to the 2nd version with a cat on my lap and fresh cup of tea. Beautiful composition which I enjoyed all the way through. No desire for a drum machine on this one. :) By the way, your photography is excellent too.

I think you need to watch your signal levels. I suspect the input to the reverb/delay unit is too hot because its output sounds a little distorted at times. Perhaps a limiter would help.

thanks for checking this out...you have good ears...backed off a bit of stuff for a little more headroom.

glad you like the pic...Florida sure is a cool place. That morning there was an alligator making this incredible deep bass booming call at the next pond over, fog everywhere, very mysterious.
In the pic here, there was an alligator in amongst the birds there, hidden in this pic...it was lying still and submerged on it's side there,and the birds around it would, in their efforts to catch fish, kind of drive the occasional fish into the alligators open mouth.

fateamenabletochange wrote: glad you like the pic...Florida sure is a cool place. That morning there was an alligator making this incredible deep bass booming call at the next pond over, fog everywhere, very mysterious.
Cool. I didn't know gators made sounds like that.

I've listened three times now.

This one reminds me of Ken Stover, to a point.

Good stuff, fatc! :)
Blue Phase Music

Sweet piece fate, beautiful sounds, and the gentle touch on the playing is very apropos. :tu:
Image Image

thanks 4lb kitty and polyslax

Man! That Rhodes sounds supoib . . . abso-freakin-lutely supoib! (superb in a Jersey accent . . . *grin)

This piece is very nice. I like the 2nd version too. :)
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

thanks Brother Charles...am liking the Rhodes myself at the moment...hooked it up a different way, into preamp, one track from preamp mix buss, a direct mono out into soundcard with Empty Rooms Dim D chorus, and a send out of the Daw thru a KSP reverb for 3 tracks total.

I think the playing is a little better on the second version.

Much appreciated Brother Charles.

splendid stuff fate. this is the first music i've really listened to after a couple of weeks of real life headfuckery and it feels good :love: :tu:

neil.

Return to “Music Cafe”