Tracktion 4

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It sounds like EVERYONE loves this program, BUT Mackie/Loud has left us in the dark!!!

I have been a dedicated user of this program since Version 1 - so...PLEASE hear our voices, as ONE to all work together on getting a program WE LOVE resuscitated.

As "skipkent" said, just have the program, with no 3rd party VST's or Loops - it's the PROGRAM we love, not the extras!
Carmen Sorge
Sorge Sound Studios
www.sorgestudios.com
(905) 834-9898

carmenguitar wrote:It sounds like EVERYONE loves this program, BUT Mackie/Loud has left us in the dark!!!

I have been a dedicated user of this program since Version 1 - so...PLEASE hear our voices, as ONE to all work together on getting a program WE LOVE resuscitated.

As "skipkent" said, just have the program, with no 3rd party VST's or Loops - it's the PROGRAM we love, not the extras!
If I had the financial means I would make it happen somehow... :love:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

I have been a die hard myself, love this program, we just used Tracktion to record and master our album. But I see a day coming soon where We will have to move on.

Still, I have vivid memories of reel to reel and DAT tape and the limits and hassles of those systems and laugh at the capabilities under my fingertips with a dinosaur outdated piece of gear like Tracktion.

some people think dinosaurs died out. that is not true. they got feathers and fly now. ;)

federu wrote:some people think dinosaurs died out. that is not true. they got feathers and fly now. ;)
I thought the conventional wisdom now is that they always did have feathers? Personally I'm not down with it. T.Rex was supposed to be a bad ass, not an over sized Peacock. :(

As for Tracktion. I'm back. I gave Reaper a serious try. I really did. I even went to the effort of developing some some plugins to make it bearable. I just can't do it. Logic is awesome, packs a ton of great stuff for the price, but just got on my nerves, and without a demo to determine whether I could learn to live with it, I decided not to take the gamble.

At this point it's either Tracktion for me, or I write my own, and writing a sequencer is way to much work. :)
Someone shot the food. Remember: don't shoot food!

I dread to think of having to leave Tracktion. If the day comes when I need to update my PC and Tracktion can't come along, I'll probably hang on to an old PC to keep it running. Oh, and I agree completely with carmenguitar - including 3rd party VSTs (and loops) is a waste of effort.

@valley have you tried StudioOne2 ? You could use that and for modular stuff get Mux from MuTools or MetaPlug from DDMF and you'd have a very Tracktion - ish setup . Or you could just use XP and Tracktion .

Oh man - you had me. When I saw the title of this thread over in the posts feed on the right side of KVR, my palms got all sweaty all of a sudden and I said a little prayer before clicking over.

Dang! I vowed not to do this a couple years ago, but I've been haunting KVR more often as the cold weather months set in.

I run T3 in Win 7 64 as an administrator and I can pretty much pretend that all is well in my DAW world. But Win8 is here and eventually, if I want to get another cheap PC, I'll be forced to go Win8 and I don't know if I'll be as fortunate with that.

Still love the workflow. Still amazed that Mackie left this product in the dustbin.

Here's an idea:

What about us trying to crowdsource buy the rights from Mackie and give it back to Julian Storer? Would he take it on? Are there enough of us fans to make it happen?

I've been trying to figure out where to go next if I have to abandon ship and I simply can't see out of my paradigm of my love of Tracktion's workflow and one-screen-to-rule-them-all awesomeness. Yes I'm a fan.

-Scott

todd sweetland wrote:@valley have you tried StudioOne2 ? You could use that and for modular stuff get Mux from MuTools or MetaPlug from DDMF and you'd have a very Tracktion - ish setup . Or you could just use XP and Tracktion .
I tried the demo. I didn't mind it, but the price is a little high for what is now a hobby. There was some big thing that turned me off though, but I can't remember off hand what it was.

I appreciate the suggestion though!
Someone shot the food. Remember: don't shoot food!

valley wrote:
todd sweetland wrote:@valley have you tried StudioOne2 ? You could use that and for modular stuff get Mux from MuTools or MetaPlug from DDMF and you'd have a very Tracktion - ish setup . Or you could just use XP and Tracktion .
I tried the demo. I didn't mind it, but the price is a little high for what is now a hobby. There was some big thing that turned me off though, but I can't remember off hand what it was.

In the S1 2.5 release thread, there are several posts about wanting clip-based automation or even just plain simple clip gain setting. Had that since T2.

-Scott

Im still a big fan of Tracktion !!

I'm in if we can figure a way to pry Tracktion from Mackie's hands. Been using since 1.6 and wouldn't be upgrading my audio computer (xp) just to keep T running happy.
Bret

I run Tracktion 3 on a Windows 7, 64bit, 8 core, 16GB ram computer and it runs pretty good.

I think it's the running of the 3rd party vsts that make Tracktion sometimes unstable - that's why we NEED this upgrade!!!
Carmen Sorge
Sorge Sound Studios
www.sorgestudios.com
(905) 834-9898

rockstar_not wrote:
valley wrote:

In the S1 2.5 release thread, there are several posts about wanting clip-based automation or even just plain simple clip gain setting. Had that since T2.

-Scott
Are you sure you understand what they really are talking about? It's not just about "automation in/on a clip" or "plain simple gain setting". Of course you can change the gain of every clip.

I use mac os x mountain lion and made tracktion 3 run with a workaround. it works. and i love tracktion.

hope jules will make it...

Return to “Tracktion”