Izotope Trash 2 is out!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah, what it says. Downloading now, excited as all git-out! :hyper:

$149 full (intro),

$99 upgrade :x
Last edited by ZINO on Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Foot in the door...

ZINO wrote:149 full (intro),

$99 upgrade :x
yeah, pricier upgrade than i'd hoped, but then ive had, what, 8 years useage out of Trash... :hihi:

and strictly speaking that 149 price is introductory, the RRP is $249.

dont care, would upgrade anyway.

thoughts : the convolution looks as though it puts it in Speakerphone territory, which is interesting...
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

oh f**king f**ker of the f**king VAT. f**k. i'd forgotten about that. grrrr.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

F**CK this is evil:
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/trash-2-test-1

They have not reinvented the wheel but surely have developed the Trash concept much further. The upgrade price of 99 bucks seems ok to me.

Awesome, I was just coming to see if any announcements had been made today. I just discovered how amazing Trash 1 is this week, and was basically holding off on purchasing it until v.2 launched. Full price of $250 is a pretty damn expensive distortion plugin, I must say, but for the $150 intro price, I might go for it. Really been loving iZotope lately!

Oh boy, very excited. Can't wait to get home and play with it. The thing is even more overboard than it used to be. Filters before and after the distortion, but now also filters with each distortion band?

I always loved the sound I got out of Trash 1, I'd put everything through it! For those who have downloaded, tell us your impressions! There is a delay now - Is there a filter within the feedback path? With the bazillions of filters in this thing, it's hard to believe they wouldn't put a filter in the delay feedback.

There seems to be a bug when automating certain parameters in Logic - e.g. the Convolution bypass does not work, although the automation shows it is bypassed, it doesn't bypass, and a few other parameters don't respond either.
The Convo could use an envelope shaper imo - shaping the decay/attack curve of an IR or setting it's length would be very helpful. A workaround is to insert the dynamics module after the Convo and add something like a soft gate for shaping the decay.
The vowel filters are exciting!

Will demo later but can anyone report on CPU? It looks like a CPU hungry monster..?
Cowbells!

dalor wrote:Will demo later but can anyone report on CPU? It looks like a CPU hungry monster..?
Yes, how is it compared to v1?

Hopefully no more cpu hit than the original? Site says "Completely redesigned audio engine for better audio quality, optimized performance, support for the latest operating systems and and host applications, and many other enhancements."

Are all parameters automatable? (Aside from the issues mentioned above)

From a quick listen with the demo it definitely sounds better then V1. This looks like a very interesting plugin, i feel a very special journey awaits me.

I'm waiting for my Trash 1 to come in the mail so i can get the free upgrade to V2. I took a chance buying V1 without hearing V2 cause i just knew V2 was going to be good since it seems to me that Izotope is stepping up their game and trying to hit the market much harder now, to take their rightfull place at the thrown :P . I owned Trash 1 several times in the past but always ended up selling it cause i had mixed feelings but i knew if V2 was a true improvement sonicly then mixed feelings would go away and i'd be completely sold. I just got V1 at such a good price that it was a no brainer to buy to get to V2.

I am really excited about this V2 plugin. So far all is good and i'm digging what i hear.
T2 Icarus is a must. SonicCore SCOPE is the most. As heart of studio it has my vote, cause XITE-1 is all she wrote.

Does izotope do Black Friday specials? ;)
Cowbells!

Sweet can't wait to upgrade from trash 1. This is a no-brainer upgrade for me, and the new ability to create your own waveshapers.. that is just genius!

I am now pretty sure that I have all that I need as far as distortion applications go. Now Ohmforce are going to have to get with the times and bring out something new, because this new version of trash pretty much puts ohmicide to shame.

Trash 1 only had 3 bands for multi-band distortion, but with trash 2 we have now 4 bands to mess with! It looks like you can actually really increase the amount of distortions per band. Im guessing that yes as you use more and more modules with trash 2 that you will use up more CPU. But this should be expected considering this is a next-gen type of plugin application.

The added filters and delay are kind of a one stop shop for anyone producing electronic music.
:borg:

Return to “Effects”