Trans Computer Maschine v1.30 released - evolved

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

FrantzM wrote:... Please consider releasing the step sequencer as a separate product. It is a really nice composition tool.
+1
Last edited by Pytchblend on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

FrantzM wrote:The synth's filter is slightly let down by its SynthEdit origins...
I think it sounds the way it should. Did you notice LPF auto-oscillate also in 2-pole mode as in the early Odysseys? And what about the HPF which is 2-pole as it is in the modeled hardware?

Anyway I respect your opinion, you know, every taste...

CMT wrote:
FrantzM wrote:The synth's filter is slightly let down by its SynthEdit origins...
I think it sounds the way it should. Did you notice LPF auto-oscillate also in 2-pole mode as in the early Odysseys?
The LPF sounds good but, in my opinion, cannot compete with state of the art analog modeled filters. I mention this because the whole vibe of TCM is vintage analog.

Have you tried Diva, TAL-U-NO-LX, and Cytomic The Drop? Did you write custom DSP filter code or did you use standard SynthEdit filter modules?

Don't get me wrong, I really like TCM. It is well designed, fun, and addictive. But creating convincing analog modeled filters is a holy grail that the best developers have been chasing for years. You're not going to realistically compete in that race with 3 months of SynthEdit work. (You mentioned 3 months in your other thread in this forum.)

FrantzM wrote:Have you tried Diva, TAL-U-NO-LX, and Cytomic The Drop? Did you write custom DSP filter code or did you use standard SynthEdit filter modules?

Don't get me wrong, I really like TCM. It is well designed, fun, and addictive. But creating convincing analog modeled filters is a holy grail that the best developers have been chasing for years. You're not going to realistically compete in that race with 3 months of SynthEdit work. (You mentioned 3 months in your other thread in this forum.)
I think Diva is the best VA Synth around, in fact I was working on a similar concept when it just came out and left my ideas behind. Urs Heckmann's synth sounds so good I can't believe it. I also like TyrellN6 and Zebra of course.

You are welcome and yes, you are right, a lot more than three months are needed to have something closer to those marvels from Urs Heckmann.

Three months was the time we had to develop our plugs once the DC2012 new came out (well, not sure if someone knew it before).

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Walter

As promised, Trans Computer Maschine FAQ v1.0 just done...

http://www.freewebs.com/wallyaudio/T-C-M_FAQ.htm

Thank You All for your feedback and please let me know soon if a bug shows up.

Walter
Last edited by CMT on Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:22 am, edited 11 times in total.

The url tags are making your post invisible, so I removed them (then you put them back, I think; if you want your post to be visible you should remove them again). Without them, the link shows up, but it doesn't work (copy/paste doesn't do it either).

Edit: Copy/paste does work now.

Edit: Now it doesn't with the link quoted above; see below.
Last edited by D.H. Miltz on Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
No longer a moderator.

---------------------------
Trans Computer Maschine FAQ
---------------------------

Last edited by CMT on Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:31 pm, edited 7 times in total.

The space in your URL was causing a problem.
Last edited by Frantz on Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

FrantzM wrote:The space in your URL was causing a problem. This should work...
Thank you Frantz, you're always there. I fixed by adding "_" within my site.

Cheers,

Walter

CMT wrote:Thank you Frantz, you're always there. I fixed by adding "_" within my site.
You're welcome. FYI, the alternative was to encode the space as "%20".

A little help for my friends...

Busy now but I'm fixing the LFO Square Wave doing legato bug soon so expect an update in the next days.

Regards,

Walter

Busy these days testing myself. I'm doing my best as bug reporting did not help as expected.

I think the plug-in can be used trouble-less now as I fixed some bugs mostly related to preset/patch management:

- Fixed LFO Square Wave causing legato at lower rates.
- Fixed Envelope Mode not loaded as shown after changing patch.
- Fixed P.Bend control reset to -64 after changing patch.

I'm cooking some presets now and within the week v1.04 will be available for download.

Regards,

Walter

Trans Computer Maschine v1.05 released - Goodbye BETA!

Hello everybody, I've got very good news:

All known bugs were fixed so 'Trans Computer Maschine' just ended its beta stage and v1.05 is ready for download.

Please spend a little time and check it out, I renamed the presets so it's indicated when it is for synth or sequencer playing (I know people thinking the plug-in was not working because they couldn't make a sound quickly).

Check the included documentation if want to, but I'm sure will be very easy for anyone to make new sounds just having a look to the presets.

freeware for the world, KVRDC12 still going on...

Cheers,

Walter

http://www.freewebs.com/wallyaudio/t-c-m.rar

Hi Walter,
I like odd bars like 9/8 or 7/8. I couldn't see any possibilty to stop the sequencer from running through all 16 steps. Have I overseen something or is this not implemented so far?
If not, would it be a big thing to do this?
I know, the western world is obsessed by the 4...but beside the USA and Europe there are so many folks, who have odd bars, like in India, Africa and Indonesia. :)

akira wrote:Hi Walter,
I like odd bars like 9/8 or 7/8. I couldn't see any possibilty to stop the sequencer from running through all 16 steps. Have I overseen something or is this not implemented so far?
I know, the western world is obsessed by the 4...but beside the USA and Europe there are so many folks, who have odd bars, like in India, Africa and Indonesia. :)
Hey Akira, you have to find the right 'SKIPS/Bar Divisions' combination to your taste (an example is 'Pizzirain' preset making triads). I'm not in my studio right now to check the values for you but just let me know if you couldn't solve it so I will help you later.

Thank you very much for your interest.

Walter
Last edited by CMT on Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”