Pitched Delay - KVR Developer Challenge

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This one gets my top vote.

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/pitcheddelay-by-lkjb

Great effect and really low CPU hit.

And I've been looking for something like this for ages.

Love the GUI too.

Praise, praise, praise :)

I wish the delay length could be shorter, and that the semitone slider had a tendency to snap to integers when moving it quickly.

It reminds me of a much older plugin whose name I can't remember right now, but with a far better pitch shifting algorithm.

Thanks for the positive feedback.
Andywanders wrote:And I've been looking for something like this for ages.
Me too. That's one of the main reasons I made this. :)
foosnark wrote:I wish the delay length could be shorter, and that the semitone slider had a tendency to snap to integers when moving it quickly.
When you check the "Semitones" checkbox the pitch shift is in full semitones. Also, you can get a shorter delay with the pitch shift outside the feedback loop. The minimum feedback time when pitching inside the loop is due to the pitch shifter's latency.

64 bit Win?

HcDoom wrote:64 bit Win?
No, but you can load a 32 bits plugin in a 64bits Operative System, right?
Why is it so important the 64bits thingie?

Have a nice day :)

IrionDaRonin wrote:
Why try to be so smart when you're not? I asked legit question and got the most stupid answer I could get. :?

I love this plugin aswell! It's inpiring! :love:

HcDoom wrote:
IrionDaRonin wrote:
Why try to be so smart when you're not? I asked legit question and got the most stupid answer I could get. :?
:shrug:
I was asking legit too.

I dunno why it is so important the 64bits thing.
I have answered to your question already.

EDITED: Doesn't worth it. Some people just need valium pills.

On topic again.
This is one of the plugins i have in my vote list too. But it is not the 5 points one.
You can do crazy stuff with percussive sounds.
And i love the gui too.

Have a nice day guys :)
Last edited by IrionDaRonin on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dirac LE, the pitch shifting library PitchedDelay uses, is only available in 32-bit for Windows. I tried to also implement SoundTouch, but due to the limited time dropped it for the DC. I might add it when I get some time.
Another disadvantage of SoundTouch is its high latency of about 4 times the size of Dirac LE's latency. This isn't a problem with pre feedback-loop pitching, but within the feedback loop the minimum delay will be around 400 ms instead of the 93 ms with Dirac LE.
IrionDaRonin wrote:No, but you can load a 32 bits plugin in a 64bits Operative System, right?
Well, bridging plugins isn't as much fun as one might think.

lkjb wrote:
IrionDaRonin wrote:No, but you can load a 32 bits plugin in a 64bits Operative System, right?
Well, bridging plugins isn't as much fun as one might think.
Hmm, well, in my Windows64bits i can load 64bits plugins and 32bits plugins too, without problem.
And as far i know, i'm not using any bridge thing. So i thought that in a higher bits Operative System, you can load both types as normally.

Thanks for the info.
Have a good day :)

Stupid question, I know....but...how do you get it to play? I'm clearly missing something. And the manual, while interesting, is not much help. Anybody?

Andy B

Andywanders wrote:This one gets my top vote.

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/pitcheddelay-by-lkjb

Great effect and really low CPU hit.

And I've been looking for something like this for ages.

Love the GUI too.

Praise, praise, praise :)

would be nice to have some presets with it.

i thought it was just another Delay..the pitch-shifting thing wasnt apparent
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

lkjb wrote:Thanks for the positive feedback.
No problem. Credit where it's due... :)

One negative thing though: I tried it as an insert in Reaper and noticed a problem when using "Bypass/Un-bypass FX". When "Un-Bypassing", It kinda hangs for a few milliseconds and produces an awful noise - like a stuck audio buffer trying to clear, or something. I know that's a lousy description but it's the only way I can describe it.

Anyway, and in spite of this, I really think it's a gem of a plugin and I truly appreciate your work.

Hope you win the prize :)

w1awb wrote:Stupid question, I know....but...how do you get it to play? I'm clearly missing something. And the manual, while interesting, is not much help. Anybody?

Andy B
It doesn't play... It affects.

Send an audio signal into it and check one of the tabs "Enabled" parameters. Then adjust the controls and enjoy. As IrionDaRonin pointed out earlier, "You can do crazy stuff with percussive sounds." Also, try it on pads - long notes - with high feedback settings and just a little pitch-shift... Whhoooooooooooo.......

I'm enjoying this plug A LOT.

As for presets: personally I don't mind not having any. It's not exactly rocket science dialling in a useful effect with this. Having said that, and as it's a competition entry, I think it could be a good idea to include a few example presets to show off what it can do.

Ah yes...works great!

I momentarily had it mixed up with Sifft which I CAN'T get to play. Just as I predicted...something stupid. Thanks!

Andy B[/quote]

It doesn't play... It affects.

Send an audio signal into it and check one of the tabs "Enabled" parameters. Then adjust the controls and enjoy. As IrionDaRonin pointed out earlier, "You can do crazy stuff with percussive sounds." Also, try it on pads - long notes - with high feedback settings and just a little pitch-shift... Whhoooooooooooo.......

Return to “Effects”