Sub-session Rack Mute Program Change Issues

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi All,

New to Cantabile and have run up against something that I'm not sure is by design or something I should be doing a different way.

Currently, I'm configuring a guitar synth rig consisting of a rack running Amplitube and a rack running Omnisphere. I've created a sub-session called "Guitar" and another called "Synth". Amplitube listens on Ch. 2 and Omnisphere on Ch. 3. In the "Guitar" sub-session I have Amplitube unmuted and Omnisphere muted. The "Synth" sub-session is opposite.

I'm using an FCB-1010 midi footswitch. Presets 1-5 always send PC's 101-105 which control Amplitube. Presets 6-10 always send PC's 16-20 which control Omnisphere.

In MIDI Assignments, PC 101-105 are set to select sub-session "Guitar" and PC 16-20 are set to select sub-session "Synth".

The behavior in question is that when I send a PC to select the currently muted sub-session, it always takes two presses to get the result I need which is to select the sub-session and switch to the proper preset in either Amplitube or Omnisphere. Currently, the first press selects the sub-session and second selects the preset.

The FCB allows me 10 banks of 10 presets with the ability to send up to 4 PC's, 2 CC's and 1 MIDI note per preset so I even tried sending the same PC twice on the same button press with no luck.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Mike

Maybe I can simplify my request?

How can I unmute a rack and send a program change to it's plugin with one push of a button on my FCB-1010?

The FCB allows me to send up to 4 PC's, 2 CC's and 1 MIDI note per preset.

Thx!

Maybe try using the Midi Routing Table instead and insert a small pause between the unmute and the patch change.

Thanks for the reply!

Hmm. I'm not seeing how to insert a pause. Can you give me an example configuration?

Thx!

Also, the unmute and patch change events are both originating from a single footswitch press. Not sure how to "put a delay between them" so to speak? The footswitch is sending PC 11 and PC 101, in that order. I have a MIDI Assignment that selects the sub-session using PC 11 and then I'm hoping to have PC 101 change programs in Amplitube after the sub-session loads.

I'm guessing that I could set up triggers for every patch change I want to make and use those to send the program changes to Amplitube on sub-session load instead of the ones programmed into my footswitch but that sure seems like the long way around? Might be a lot of triggers to manage. I'm a little surprised as this seems like it should be something fairly simple for such a complex app. :)

In my perfect world (ha!) I have two sub-sessions - one for guitar only that mutes out the synth rack and lets me change to a specific program all at once and the other is the exact opposite for synth only.

Mike

>In my perfect world (ha!) I have two sub-sessions - one for guitar only that >mutes out the synth rack and lets me change to a specific program all at once >and the other is the exact opposite for synth only.

Hi, Just a thought. Perhaps you should set up 10 subsessions. Each with the VST and the program you would like. Then one press of the footswitch would enable a subsession with whatever program was in it.

BTW, I used the FCB1010 for several years. A great piece of kit. Now I use a Softstep mostly because it is so small and light.

Good Luck,
LooseBruce

The delay function can be found in the Triggers module. Triggers can be sent whenever a particular condition occurs - i.e. Session or subsession load. Triggers can also operate on the issuance of a custom event. They can be enabled or disabled per subsession. There can be a series of events between which you can specify a delay.

PC

Try changing up the action from "Toggle" to "Latching" or visa-versa. I have a few latching switches on my controller and if I have the action on the MIDI assignment set to "Toggle" then it takes two presses to get those switches to take effect. If I set the action to "Latching" they work perfectly.

Return to “Topten Software”