What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  
KVRian

1445 posts since 15 Oct, 2008, from Germany

Postby paterpeter; Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:46 am SM 2.5.4.143 (x64) crashes reaper when detaching UI

Hi Bülent,

I just noticed that the latest version of SM crashes Reaper (4.30 x64) when I try to undock/float the SM UI.

Steps to reproduce:
- start Reaper
- add a track
- click FX button
- select SynthMaster (VST or VSTi)
- double click the plugin name in the list on the left hand side to float the plugin UI
=> crash

Here's a quick screencast showing the crash:
http://screencast.com/t/R5LUFm0lAr4M

Hopefully you can fix this. Thanks a lot in advance!

Regards,
Andre
KVRAF

4890 posts since 14 Nov, 2006, from Ankara, Turkey

Postby kv331; Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:36 am

Hi Andre,

I noticed that the windows x64 builds are not building with 8 byte structure alignment, that might be causing all sorts of issues! Will build them again and test. Next week we have a new update coming so hopefuly this one will be fixes as well!
KVRian

1445 posts since 15 Oct, 2008, from Germany

Postby paterpeter; Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:19 am

Great, looking forward to the new build(s). Thanks a lot.

BTW. I moved the data files and folders from the original installation folder to another place on my harddrive and updated the SynthMasterFolders.txt accordingly. Now I can't reproduce the crash anymore. I triple checked that the access permissions where correctly set up on the original folder, e.g. SM was able to create the initial wavetable data etc. I have no idea why it works now. Maybe it was a reboot that fixed it. :shrug:

Anyway, it seems to be fixed now. I'll let you know if the problem reappears.

A great sale you've got going at the moment - those expansions look tempting :D Best of luck with your sale!

Moderators: Teoman, kv331

Return to KV331 Audio