Purchase choice - Vox or Vermona

Archived support for: hollowsun.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

They both begin with the letter V and they both appeal to me.
And it's a long time till pay day.
Do I buy the Vox or the Vermona?
I have NI B4II but I am in love with HS.
PT10, SonicCouture, PSP, FabFilter Pro-L, Kontakt5, HollowSun, Cinematique, VSL, Celemony, Absynth5, Battery3, EWQL, IvoryGrand, Arturia, B4II, Omnisphere, Martin D28, Gibson LP, Fender P, Roland XP10, Reaktor5, HideawayStudio, Waldorf PPGW.

Because nobody answered, I bought both. Your fault.
You explain to my missus.
Back in a bit with presumably glowing reviews!
:lol:
PT10, SonicCouture, PSP, FabFilter Pro-L, Kontakt5, HollowSun, Cinematique, VSL, Celemony, Absynth5, Battery3, EWQL, IvoryGrand, Arturia, B4II, Omnisphere, Martin D28, Gibson LP, Fender P, Roland XP10, Reaktor5, HideawayStudio, Waldorf PPGW.

Sorry, Vic - I can't be in all places at the same time!

Tough call but both have their individual strengths (and weaknesses).

The Vox Conti is a fairly accurate simulation of the original (albeit in K3.5 without the fancy graphics but the principles apply). Many have said (as can be seen on the website) that they appreciate the flexibility of mixing your own drawbar combinations compared with other libraries which only offer preset variations of drawbar combinations - which was the intention ... I too objected to having to take other peoples' combinations cast in sampling stone (*).

The Vermona, whilst sonically similar (and graphically snazzier) is much the same but that has possibilities the real thing doesn't have if you're interested in pursuing them ... a kind of rudimentary additive synth.

The two should complement each other well and many thanks for your custom.

To Mrs Vic... sorry. It could be worse - these toys keep Vic off the streets and are less expensive than him spending his nights in some bar/pub somewhere. However, should he tell you that he loves playing with his new 'tranny organs', it's not deviant or anything to be alarmed about!!

(*) I had the same reservations about RMI Electrapiano libraries - preset combinations with no control... which is why I/we made the HS RMI as flexible as 'the real thing' with each voice individually selectable and combinable as the user wishes.

Cheers,

Stephen

Thanks, Stephen, she was on to the tranny organs fixation years ago, which is why she makes me stay in now.
I've loved my brief time with the Vermona, looks cool and tons of potential there, and the Vox is cheese heaven.
Cheers again, Hollow Sun!

Return to “Hollow Sun”