Midi controller changes Kit and receptor drops Volume.

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am relatively new to the MIDI and Plugins World.

I have a Receptor 2 with Komplete 7 inside connected to my Mallet Kat as my MIDI Controller.

I change kits/setups on my MalletKat and certain channels immediately drop volume on Receptors Main Mixer screen.

The setup/kits on my Malletkat has it's own Volume control turned off. and I have saved the Multi patches and Plugin settings (and Volume) on receptor"s Main mixing screen. I can change multis and reload the original multi and the volume stays the same. but when I switch to a specific Kit on my MK, the volume drops considerably on Receptors third slot of the main screen.

Not sure if this is a CC problem. Maybe a CC is telling Receptor that when i switch to Kit 7 on the MK, drop the volume on channel 3? Not sure how to turn this off (on the MK or Receptor) if that is the case Any Ideas

Hi DScandal,

This really sounds like your MalletKat is sending CC7 on Midi channel 3 to your receptor, changing the volume on that slot. If you have a sequencer an can record the midi activity from your mallet kat, you could see this. Another way might be with a Midi monitor on a plugin instantiated on that channel. Some plugins (like Pianoteq for example) have a MIDI monitor built into the plug, that can record and display the MIDI activity coming in.

Hope this helps,
Kevin L

I used MIDI Ox to see the MIDI messages. When I switch to kit 7, the volume drops. there is no MIDI msg that indicates that the MK is the Culprit. It reports the same messages when switching to any other kit. Also, I just realized the volume drops on the 3rd slot no matter what MIDI Channel it is on.

Hmm - still sounds fishy.

Is the MK supposed to simply send Midi Program Changes (PC) when you change kits?

If so, what are you changing within Receptor via the PC (eg. It could be the Receptorized instrument patch (also called 'Singles'), which may contain volume info stored in the patch - or maybe you are bypassing the Receptor channel, and sending the PC info directly to the plugin)?

I'm wondering if you simply have different volume levels associated with different Singles, and you just need to re-program them to normalize the volume.

Hope this helps,
Kevin L

Return to “Muse Research and Development”