Trashed

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was testing Trash2 and while I did that I made this Industrial style track.

Apologies I did not master it, nor mix it using any compression, EQ etc it's all pretty raw straight from the output of each plugin. I used a limiter on the output of the master and that was it.

http://soundcloud.com/vortex1-1/trashed

I mostly distorted the F*** out of Drumazon using my own custom distortion.

To add some more BOOM to the kick I layered it with Tremor.

Also features

- Diva
- Zebra
- Aalto Demo
- Maul
- phoscyon *forgot to add that*
Last edited by V0RT3X on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
:borg:

Hard hitting stuff V0RT3X!!!!!

Sounds totally like your style...deep bass, industrial riffs galore, and like you said...filled with that dirty distortion!!!

Excellent. :D
S1gns Of L1fe
Ambient Music Producer | Content Creator

S1gnsOfL1fe wrote:Hard hitting stuff V0RT3X!!!!!

Sounds totally like your style...deep bass, industrial riffs galore, and like you said...filled with that dirty distortion!!!

Excellent. :D

Thanks S1gns! I really need to sit down and actually .. make myself finish a track properly one of these days.

I have producer ADHD so i make a track real quick, don't refine it and release it in it's raw unfinished state. Somewhere along the line I usually lose interest in ever finishing my stuff, but I have decided to get a proper studio environment together and start taking stuff way more seriously.

Oh dude, I hear you!!!

I used to have the same problem...really bad actually. I would never finish ANYTHING!!! I felt like I was cursed. Nothing was good enough and I didn't have the patience to actually flesh out an entire track the way I knew I should.

Well...things are different now (obviously) and I developed methods to dig deeper and force myself to finish each song. With the immediacy of the Internet it can be difficult to resist the urge to just "get it out there" but I feel like the rewards for taking the time to do it right make it all worthwhile in the end.

You'll find a way. Just keep on the direction you're going and don't stop producing. There will come a time when you HAVE to finish a song...you won't be able to resist not doing so.

Cheers!!!
S1gns Of L1fe
Ambient Music Producer | Content Creator

Really enjoyable. I love the heavy rhythm and the NIN style melody on the main section after the intro. The synths sound great. You could add another minute or so of "verse" with a variation of the lead line and you should be done with the recording in fairly short order. A little work on the mix/master and this would be finished PDQ. It's almost there.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote:Really enjoyable. I love the heavy rhythm and the NIN style melody on the main section after the intro. The synths sound great. You could add another minute or so of "verse" with a variation of the lead line and you should be done with the recording in fairly short order. A little work on the mix/master and this would be finished PDQ. It's almost there.

Good work :)
Thanks for the feedback :)

Glad you enjoyed it. I really need to set up a studio and just sit down and force myself to finish a entire album of industrial style songs.

Dunno why, but it reminds me of some sound tracks from old AMIGA 500 games... :wink:

Tricky-Loops wrote:Dunno why, but it reminds me of some sound tracks from old AMIGA 500 games... :wink:
Probably the TB303 bleeps i put in it :lol:

This elicited some involuntary spastic dancelike motions over here. Glad I was listening alone.

Very enjoyable dirt. Thanks.
No longer a moderator.

D.H. Miltz wrote:This elicited some involuntary spastic dancelike motions over here. Glad I was listening alone.

Very enjoyable dirt. Thanks.

glad someone enjoys my strange music :)

Nicely fuzzy somewhat Bond vibe... I wouldn't think industrial, but maybe by sense of industrial is too oldschool.

Return to “Music Cafe”