What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Blade released :)

Official support for: robpapen.com

Moderators: Meffy, Concretefx, Rob Papen

osiris
KVRAF

7318 posts since 20 Nov, 2003, from Lost and Spaced

Postby osiris; Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:14 am

:harp: :hail: :wheee:
Aloysius
KVRAF

10227 posts since 11 Aug, 2008, from Alto Icon

Postby Aloysius; Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:19 am

[edit]
Last edited by Aloysius on Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake.
Crackbaby
KVRAF

2840 posts since 10 Sep, 2003, from Karlskoga, Stockholm, Sweden

Postby Crackbaby; Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:25 am

Ohh.. psytrance :D
Elektron Machinedrum Mk1 UW, Analog4, Octatrack
Soundcraft EFX12, Alesis 3630, Nanocompressor, Zoom G13, Tapco 3630
Gordon-Smith Gypsy, Yamaha THR10, P-80
M-Audio Delta 24/96 PCI
xx JPRacer xx
KVRian

1248 posts since 25 Jun, 2008, from Montreal, Canada

Postby xx JPRacer xx; Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:30 pm

Aloysius wrote:
Rob Papen wrote:Next in July is a new Blade version with additional factory presets.
A very nice "Scope Psy Trance" bank will be part of it.

Cheers,
Rob

I may check it out again then. To be honest, this is the first RP offering that hasn't appealed to me at all. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Did you try the demo or the full product? Some people didn't like the demo but found the full product really good.
Aloysius
KVRAF

10227 posts since 11 Aug, 2008, from Alto Icon

Postby Aloysius; Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:01 pm

xx JPRacer xx wrote:
Aloysius wrote:
Rob Papen wrote:Next in July is a new Blade version with additional factory presets.
A very nice "Scope Psy Trance" bank will be part of it.

Cheers,
Rob

I may check it out again then. To be honest, this is the first RP offering that hasn't appealed to me at all. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Did you try the demo or the full product? Some people didn't like the demo but found the full product really good.

My first impression was terrible for some reason. My second impression was much better ... I just bought it off ATS and I absolutely love the full product. :hihi: Bring on the Psy-Trance Bank ... 8)
My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake.
JimmiG
KVRian

661 posts since 12 Sep, 2007, from Sweden

Postby JimmiG; Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:55 am

I downloaded the demo today and installed it. About 10 minutes later, I fired up my DAW to try it, but I already while initializing plug-in, got a message that the demo has expired. Same in both Reaper and Studio One V2. This must have happened between the time I installed the demo and the first time I started the DAW.

How many minutes does the demo version work after you have installed it? Normally you get 14 or even 30 *days* :o
Hardware: Akai MPK61, MFB-Synth II, Roland JX-8P, Virus TI Snow, KORG MS2000R, Roland SH-01
Favorite software: Sylenth1, Synth1, Messiah, ME80, OPX-Pro II, Zebra 2, Diva, Reason, Studio One V2 Pro
Crackbaby
KVRAF

Postby Crackbaby; Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:14 am

This happened to me too (though i think it was izotope Iris?). It had expired in EnergyXT, but not in Maschine and reaper.
M-Audio Delta 24/96 PCI
JimmiG
KVRian

Postby JimmiG; Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:37 pm

Crackbaby wrote:This happened to me too (though i think it was izotope Iris?). It had expired in EnergyXT, but not in Maschine and reaper.

Well I've already "depleted" my trial period in both Studio One and Reaper (32 and 64 bit versions). I'll try VSTHost when I get home today.

Is the full version product validation this cumbersome, too?
Hardware: Akai MPK61, MFB-Synth II, Roland JX-8P, Virus TI Snow, KORG MS2000R, Roland SH-01
Favorite software: Sylenth1, Synth1, Messiah, ME80, OPX-Pro II, Zebra 2, Diva, Reason, Studio One V2 Pro
JimmiG
KVRian

Postby JimmiG; Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:37 am

No luck in VSTHost either. Even uninstalled and re-installed the plug-in.

I've watched a lot of Youtube videos and almost decided I want this, but it would be good to actually play around with it a bit myself before I decide...
Aiynzahev
KVRAF

2867 posts since 29 Jun, 2011, from USA

Postby Aiynzahev; Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:56 am

JJBiener wrote:I was playing with this again last night, and I have to say that I am just more and more impressed with this thing every day. Just when I think I have the feature set figured out, I find a whole new set of features hiding behind a mouse click. It is simply amazing.

I am going to start programming some patches from scratch today, but I almost don't know where to begin. There is so much flexibility and so many was to modulate the sound that I would be intimidated if technology actually intimidated me. In this case, I am the proverbial kid in a candy shop (or is it bull in a china shop, I'm not sure).

I would appreciate it if someone would tap on my window in about 12 hours and remind me to eat. I am planning on being preoccupied.

Anything specific you could tell us? I am curious and will probably pick up the manual sometime.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Resonance Sound
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Spire, Zebra2, Massive, DIVA, Sylenth and others
Crackbaby
KVRAF

Postby Crackbaby; Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:06 am

What Bank MSB and LSB should i use to change bank in Blade?

Edit: I assigned controllers to both of them on my midi controller and tweaked randomly and i saw no reaction at all in Blade (and yes, i have checked the bank change option :))
M-Audio Delta 24/96 PCI
Concretefx
KVRAF

3503 posts since 6 Feb, 2003, from UK

Postby Concretefx; Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:48 pm

Blade should change banks with a midi cc 32. So for instance if you midi cc 32 , followed by 1 , it should load in the second bank (because 0,1 ..)

Cheers

Jon
Rob Papen
KVRAF

1920 posts since 18 Oct, 2002

Postby Rob Papen; Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:22 am

Hi all,

There is new version of Blade ahead :)
We changed the 'amount' of glow of the letters and all the 'modulation amount' knobs get another led row color. These different led color display better that there are functions inside a part.
Example: Envelope (at the right size of Blade). The 'Envelope' parameters will have blue color led rows and the 'modulation amounts' (addressed to Harmolator and the filter) are having more grayish led rows.

Next to that... new presets!! From artist and new factory patches :D

Cheers,

Rob

Ps. we are nominated with Blade

http://www.sosawards.com/vote-2013/ :o
www.robpapen.com

"Inspiration SoundWare"
Janusz Grzybek
KVRist

134 posts since 25 Apr, 2011, from Poland

Postby Janusz Grzybek; Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:05 am

Rob Papen wrote:There is new version of Blade ahead :)

We wait impatiently :).

Janusz
Yamaha 01x + 2 x i88X, Muse Receptor Pro, Kawai K5000W, Novation Supernova, Nektar Panorama P4, Yamaha RM1x, TC Electronic FireworX, Behringer BCR2000, rack mounted PC, Win 8 32-bit, PreSonus Studio One Pro, FL Studio, Bitwig Studio, lot of VST plug-ins
Rob Papen
KVRAF

1920 posts since 18 Oct, 2002

Postby Rob Papen; Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:40 am

Hello guys,

It is update, so if you own Blade, simply download the installer.

Latest adds / fixes Blade 1.0.1

new, easier to read graphics
modulation amount knobs have grey led color to show their difference in function
improved sub-oscillator sound
improved preset changing behavior, so less CPU spikes and clicks & pops on changing presets
fixed problem with ensemble causing clicks and small bug fixes
New banks added:
03 A drop In Silence by Matthew Thomasson
03 Scope Psytrance by Scope
03 Mike Papen 01 by Mike Papen
New presets inside:
01 Synth 02
02 Wobbles 01
03 JoMal 01
03 Rob Fabrie 01
03 Rob Fabrie 02

Enjoy