Windows 8: Benchmark Video (Cubase 6.5) vs Win 7

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by 4damind on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

8) :tu:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

I gotta say this is probably the best video I have seen regarding Windows 8 so far. Thanks for posting this.

Indeed, very good review. Hi-lighted exactly why I should stay away from it. Thanks.
Cowbells!

Anyone want to just to tell us the results? According to the video, is Win 8 better, worse, or no major difference?

So it's of no great surprise that Windows 8 wins out in these tests. However, it's only by the narrowest of margins. the Nimbus results show that's it actually very easy to erode the performance back to Windows 7 levels - but that's still very very good. The best news is that it works and works really well and so performance is not a reason to shy away from Windows 8.

Tehnik wrote:
So it's of no great surprise that Windows 8 wins out in these tests. However, it's only by the narrowest of margins. the Nimbus results show that's it actually very easy to erode the performance back to Windows 7 levels - but that's still very very good. The best news is that it works and works really well and so performance is not a reason to shy away from Windows 8.
Thanks a bunch!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”