What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  
KVRist

32 posts since 14 Oct, 2012, from Moogtown

Postby Sorefingers; Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:42 pm

See update further in the thread. Thanks to Camel Audio for such great customer service.

I bought the Pro IOS app and the full desktop version because of the alleged ability to transfer presets between the two.

It's not working at all, and I sent Camel Sounds a support message last week, as well as posted here, and haven't heard a thing.

I'm pretty sure Apple will refund my initial Alchemy Mobile purchase plus the Pro upgrade, but I wonder If I've got a chance on the desktop version? I wish the 4 week trial allowed saving CamelSounds files so I could have found this out the easy way before I shucked out $249.

I really wished it had worked or had at least heard something from support because it seems to be a decent soft synth overall.[/i]
Last edited by Sorefingers on Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
KVRian

755 posts since 13 Jun, 2006, from Cornwall, UK

Postby MWSOS; Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:42 pm

Hi sorefingers,

Sorry to hear you're having a problem, and that your support message hasn't been answered.

In Andy's temporary absence from Tech Support duties I've been monitoring incoming Cases since 6th November and don't recall seeing your query, and nor does a search through our database find any Case opened in the last week containing the word "IOS". Your email address isn't posted in your KVR profile, so I can't search for that in our database either :cry:

We certainly haven't ignored you deliberately, and do our best to reply to all tech support queries within two working days.

I'm sorry this didn't happen on this occasion, but if you received a Case number for your query please post it here and we'll look into it immediately.

Martin
KVRist

Postby Sorefingers; Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:06 pm

Thanks. Sent you a pm.
KVRAF

2657 posts since 17 Sep, 2001, from Edinburgh, Scotland

Postby Ben [Camel Audio]; Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:27 am

Hi Kerry,

I'm extremely sorry for the problems you've experienced - please accept my sincere personal apology. We try very hard to provide great customer service and solid software, but we've fallen short in your case. We're working on fixing the problem you've identified, and I hope once we've solved this problem you will enjoy using Alchemy in the future. We're going to look at all aspect of what went wrong in your case and fix them.

Firstly - regarding the support email you submitted - we have no record of this in our support email inbox. Our web guy has just tested the form and it appears to be functioning correctly. Unfortunately, we only keep 6 days of email logs so its not possible for us to look up what happened. Naturally, we'd like to get to the bottom of what went wrong so it never happens again. Could you submit a support request as similar as possible to the last one you sent, giving the same email address and similar message and then letting me know once you've done so? We'll then take a look at the email logs and work out why your emails aren't getting through.

Secondly, sorry that you did not receive a reply to your first post on the forum. The guy who normally is responsible for responding on the forum as well as testing is away on holiday, and the guys who have taken over from him whilst he's away missed your post. This was partly my fault for not making it clear the importance of responding to all messages on KvR as top priority and I've now discussed it with them, and all questions on the forum will now be answered promptly.

Regarding the problem itself - unfortunately a bug crept into last weeks Alchemy v1.50.1 release which breaks .CamelSounds compatibility with iOS. I recommend that either you install v1.50.0 (which you can access by logging into your account and clicking on [+] to the left of Alchemy and selecting this version - I've updated your account to 'Archive' access so you can access older builds), or alternatively, we will be bringing out a beta release of v1.50.2 within a week which will fix this problem - we will notify you when its available. I'm very sorry that we released an update with this bug - rest assured we are taking this very seriously and making changes to our building and testing processes to ensure that we do not miss bugs like this in future.

I have emailed you directly regarding your question about a refund. Once again I apologize for the errors we've made, and hope you will bare with us whilst we fix the problem.

Best wishes,
Ben
KVRAF

4078 posts since 16 Feb, 2005, from Kingston, Jamaica

Postby zvenx; Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:54 am

and this is why I think Camel Audio has if not the best, one of the top tier best support for all the software companies I have ever have to deal with....

rsp
KVRist

Postby Sorefingers; Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:06 am

zvenx wrote:and this is why I think Camel Audio has if not the best, one of the top tier best support for all the software companies I have ever have to deal with....

rsp

I must say, I couldn't agree more. The response I've received from Camel has been overwhelming (in a good way).

I have never in my entire life received such a heartfelt and sincere apology from a company. I'm sure at this point that my support requests slipped through the cracks somehow, and believe this is a rare exception and certainly not the usual for Camel.

Ben is working to remedy the situation, and I am confident it will have a happy ending.
KVRAF

1560 posts since 24 Feb, 2004

Postby re_mute; Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:59 am

zvenx wrote:and this is why I think Camel Audio has if not the best, one of the top tier best support for all the software companies I have ever have to deal with....

rsp

Agreed, they set the bar as far as I'm concerned that other companies should aspire to.
"What embecile composed this list :/"
KVRist

Postby Sorefingers; Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:51 am

I just want to say I was bowled over by Ben's response and the help I received from the team at Camel Audio. I can honestly say I have never been the recipient of such personal and immediate assistance from a company.

Installing the previous 1.50.0 version completely fixed my issue, and the next release should address it in the future as well.

I'm such a big fan of Camel Audio now, I'm going to shave my dog to look like this:

I'm also having a jacket made in my size like this:

Furthermore, I'm going to hike my underwear up so that I have a camel toe, and probably start smoking Camel cigarettes.
KVRAF

4223 posts since 19 Jun, 2008

Postby Shabdahbriah; Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:56 am

^^^ LOL ^^^

The Camel "team" rocks!!!
Perception is the ultimate "reality" ~ but not, the ultimate Truth.
KVRAF

9041 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:57 am

Sorefingers wrote:Furthermore, I'm going to hike my underwear up so that I have a camel toe, and probably start smoking Camel cigarettes.

Now you're just taking it too far. :D
KVRist

416 posts since 27 Oct, 2011, from Pacific Northwest

Postby iPlogger; Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:42 am

This is just fantastic service/support. I have always been impressed with Camel Audio's service on KVR. This is the kind of stuff that makes me tell others about a company (positive comments) and makes me feel good about purchasing products.
KVRist

31 posts since 11 Nov, 2003, from somewhere in oz

Postby bighorse; Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:30 pm

Sorefingers wrote:... and probably start smoking Camel cigarettes.

Filterless Camels - or you're not showing true gratitude.

I agree about the support, and having met mr zen punk hippy, I can say he's every bit as nice in real life too.

Glad you're staying in the fold.
KVRian

1139 posts since 29 May, 2002, from Scotland

Postby biomechanoid; Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:26 am

Sorefingers wrote: and probably start smoking Camel cigarettes.

we've had some confusing and amusing support emails which have turned out to be from smokers trying to contact camel cigarettes :wink:
[ Camel Audio Alchemy ] [ ucn netlabel ]
"Its my firm belief that its a mistake to hold firm beliefs"
KVRAF

2911 posts since 18 Oct, 2004

Postby Arglebargle; Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:57 pm

There are some developers who give great customer service, but Camel Audio is far and away the best.

Moderators: ZenPunkHippy, ugo, biomechanoid, Ben [Camel Audio]

Return to Camel Audio