A fun thing I did in Reaktor this week.

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was building your normal faux modular 3 osc synth with a ring modulator and just as a whim I added a fixed, non-tracked oscillator, not as a sound source, but as a universal modulator - FM, RM and possibly AM if I ever get that working to my satisfaction.

Just a choice of sine or triangle, a knob allowing one to select the MIDI note # frequency and a 0-1 amplitude knob.

Hey, it worked good. It gets out of control real fast when used as an FM or RM - which I like. I'm not as happy with the results using it as a carrier in RM, but we'll see. What works works when it works.

I think it needs some envelope on the amplitude, an easy implementation.

I tried modulation on its pitch - scientifically interesting, but nt so rewarding in programming.

It works better having it as separate module than having the 3 main osc switchable from tracked to fixed.

Reaktor is a great instrument.
The sky is the the limit and you can create some great stuff while learning about sound.
Good luck with your synth designing.

Well, what I was TRYING to do was emulate the Bode Frequency Shifter module from the Moog modular. Anyone who could hook a brother up with a satisfactory mono version of THAT, it would be much appreciated.

I do love the fact that if I get a wild hair up my ass about some synthesis weirdness or another, I can experiment in Reaktor to my heart's content and screw up as many times as it takes to get it to work - or not.

Can't break nothin.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”