What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

What has pissed you off today?

If it's not about music it belongs here! Please keep it civil and decent.... except - see below->

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

tapper mike
KVRAF

3621 posts since 19 Jan, 2008

Postby tapper mike; Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:57 pm

Damn aussie internet strikes again. Looks like no work for me today.
hibidy
KVRAF

41020 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:08 pm

woolyloach wrote:
hibidy wrote:btw, did you say that was an Ibanez, is it a locking trem? I have mucho information if you are familiar with setting up locking trems :D

The Ibanez RG250DX I got has some Floyd Rose ripoff on it, and a locking nut (string changes will be a bitch, Oh Well). I haven't messed with one since my long-lost-and-bemoaned Heavy Metal Strat (sigh) so any info is appreciated.

More pissed-off-ness: the price of pickups! For decent pickups it's going to set me back nearly US$300! That's more than I paid for the guitar! :cry: :cry: :tantrum:

Oh well,l back to the Seymour Duncan Website.. :help:

This was really helpful for me. http://forum.ibanez.com/yaf_postst69978 ... GUIDE.aspx I'm really forgetful so I have to back constantly for reference.

Just a couple of things off the top that are important to me: I use a sock stuffed under the trem to keep it from snapping back with string changes :hihi: Some use a battery, some use a woodblock, I though maybe something softer would be nice :)

I allow about 30 mins of noodling before locking everything up on the nut. It's not uncommon to have to loosen and recheck a couple of times.

Don't "pull" on the strings to stretch them. That might lead to the string pulling out of the clamps on the bridge (even when fairly tight) rock them sided to side when stretching. And don't overtighten......should be firm but you shouldn't feel like you are working out when locking :hihi:
SyntheticAurality
KVRAF

7370 posts since 2 Apr, 2002, from Austin, Texas, USA

Postby SyntheticAurality; Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:16 pm

hibidy wrote:
woolyloach wrote:
hibidy wrote:btw, did you say that was an Ibanez, is it a locking trem? I have mucho information if you are familiar with setting up locking trems :D

The Ibanez RG250DX I got has some Floyd Rose ripoff on it, and a locking nut (string changes will be a bitch, Oh Well). I haven't messed with one since my long-lost-and-bemoaned Heavy Metal Strat (sigh) so any info is appreciated.

More pissed-off-ness: the price of pickups! For decent pickups it's going to set me back nearly US$300! That's more than I paid for the guitar! :cry: :cry: :tantrum:

Oh well,l back to the Seymour Duncan Website.. :help:

This was really helpful for me. http://forum.ibanez.com/yaf_postst69978 ... GUIDE.aspx I'm really forgetful so I have to back constantly for reference.

Just a couple of things off the top that are important to me: I use a sock stuffed under the trem to keep it from snapping back with string changes :hihi: Some use a battery, some use a woodblock, I though maybe something softer would be nice :)

I allow about 30 mins of noodling before locking everything up on the nut. It's not uncommon to have to loosen and recheck a couple of times.

Don't "pull" on the strings to stretch them. That might lead to the string pulling out of the clamps on the bridge (even when fairly tight) rock them sided to side when stretching. And don't overtighten......should be firm but you shouldn't feel like you are working out when locking :hihi:

Ooooooooooo, great advice! I've bookmarked tehe forum site as well, good info there! :D :D

Damn it, I have to find a way to leave work early.. :help: :cry:
Ian B
Fearer of cheese

3222 posts since 11 Mar, 2002, from UK

Postby Ian B; Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:15 am

hibidy wrote:SQUISSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:hihi:
It's crossed my mind, as has judicious use of a sterelised craft knife, if only it wasn't so painful, even a tee shirt/sweatshirt rubbing against it is making me wince. Just to make matters worse, I couldn't get a appt to see my GP before 4.15pm this coming Thursday, I have to see him as he's in charge of my epilepsy meds and I need a new prescription as well, I don't want to make two trips to the surgery.
RIP Black Tom and Beckett. They weren't just cats, they were MY cats, the best cats ever.
Ian B
Fearer of cheese

Postby Ian B; Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:13 am

Ian B wrote:
hibidy wrote:SQUISSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:hihi:
It's crossed my mind, as has judicious use of a sterelised craft knife, if only it wasn't so painful, even a tee shirt/sweatshirt rubbing against it is making me wince. Just to make matters worse, I couldn't get a appt to see my GP before 4.15pm this coming Thursday, I have to see him as he's in charge of my epilepsy meds and I need a new prescription as well, I don't want to make two trips to the surgery.
Things are coming to a head, literally (tho' in my case it's *heads*) and the pain has been excruciating at times today. After 3 days of very, very little sleep I'm so f#cking weary it's scary. I've decided the first question to my GP on Thursday will be about his opinion on assisted suicide and if he's pro I'll ask him to put my name at the top of his list as I could easily understand someone with one of these cysts erupting the way mine has, getting fed up enough to say enough was enough.
RIP Black Tom and Beckett. They weren't just cats, they were MY cats, the best cats ever.
hibidy
KVRAF

Postby hibidy; Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:16 pm

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww!

pain, it's pretty hard to live with. Though I won't ever PRETEND to know what you are going through, I have a significant amount of pain every day for a couple of decades. No details, but it's only every once in a while I'm not searing from pain.
hibidy
KVRAF

Postby hibidy; Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:17 pm

I didn't win the lottery again :roll: Oracle cat said I would :x
Ian B
Fearer of cheese

Postby Ian B; Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:16 pm

hibidy wrote:Awwwwwwwwwwwwww!

pain, it's pretty hard to live with. Though I won't ever PRETEND to know what you are going through, I have a significant amount of pain every day for a couple of decades. No details, but it's only every once in a while I'm not searing from pain.
It's funny, I'd always thought I had a fairly high pain threshold, but seemingly not, unless this time it's because the pain has been so constant and here so long, I'm just weary of it all. It's certainly bothered me far more than my recent broken shoulder, at least with that I could get comfy, but not with this cyst/whatever it is now.
Compyfox
KVRAF

11219 posts since 18 Oct, 2003, from Berlin, Germany

Postby Compyfox; Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:52 am

Sh*t that got shuffled around, what I planned to do is now nulled. Can't do jack regarding my studio build the next couple of days yet again.

Boo-ya.
vurt
addled muppet weed

33618 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:06 am

Ian B wrote:

It's funny, I'd always thought I had a fairly high pain threshold, but seemingly not, unless this time it's because the pain has been so constant and here so long, I'm just weary of it all. It's certainly bothered me far more than my recent broken shoulder, at least with that I could get comfy, but not with this cyst/whatever it is now.

i have one behind my left ear, similar story to yours been there for years but was pretty much the size of a pin head, unnoticable and no pain or discomfort at all, past few days it started aching a little feeling more like an abcess than a cyst, and has swollen up so much in a matter of days, it now pushes my ear forward ans now feels more like a burn than anything else.
i had one removed from behind my right ear last year at this time too, but that was fecking wierd they sliced right along the back of my ear and lifted it forward! the svar makes me look like a failed van goch.
think im just gonna let this one take its course, as i also had one on my neck a few year back, got rubbed by labels in teeshriirts n jumpers, eventually burst, covered it in savlon for a couple of weeks, and its healed up ok, and that one was pretty big, bout the size of a fifty pence piece :o scar is about the size of an apple pip :)

savlon also helps the burning sensation now, hope the fact youre not alone helps :)
SyntheticAurality
KVRAF

7370 posts since 2 Apr, 2002, from Austin, Texas, USA

Postby SyntheticAurality; Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:20 am

Damn mindless lack-of-attention-paying shopping cart pushing cell-phone-welded-to-ear gene-damaged microcephalic rejects in the grocery store! :evil: :tantrum: :tantrum: :evil:

Grocery shopped last night to avoid the Thanksgiving rush tonight.. was extra careful and kept out of everyones way and STILL had the ferking offspring of female dogs ram me with their shopping carts! And I'm on a ferking CANE, for ferking ferks sake: :bang: :bang: :bang:

It went so far as to, when I stopped to get eggs, some hydrocephalic Mongoloid parked her shopping cart TWO INCHES BEHIND ME, silently, then walked off - so when I backed away from the counter *BANG* and I nearly tripped! :evil: :evil: I tore into her like I had Tourettes and she took off, past that point I must have radiated "I WILL FERKING KILL YOU" because I stopped feeling like a bumper car.

So today I'm in a seriously evil mood :evil: :evil: and will once again go off lke a Tourettes sufferer if anyone pushes on me. Argh! Ferk the holidays! Ferk the so-called lame-ass holiday spirit! FERK IT ALL!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :tantrum:

Other than that, it's a nice day. :hihi:
GaryG
KVRAF

4612 posts since 13 Jan, 2003, from Kent, UK

Postby GaryG; Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:05 am

Ian B wrote:Things are coming to a head, literally (tho' in my case it's *heads*) and the pain has been excruciating at times today.

They say being shot in the stomach is one of the most painful places...

Sounds like it's ready to go. I had one on my back a couple of years ago, doc said they wouldn't remove it unless it went funny and the very next week it got quite sore. Wifey took one look and said she wasn't going near it then a day or so later it popped.

Maybe a hot flannel will help it on it's way (may relieve soreness too). Doc can always clean it up tomorrow. :D
()_()
(O.o)
(")(")
Ian B
Fearer of cheese

Postby Ian B; Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:06 am

vurt wrote:
Ian B wrote:

i have one behind my left ear, similar story to yours been there for years but was pretty much the size of a pin head, unnoticable and no pain or discomfort at all, past few days it started aching a little feeling more like an abcess than a cyst, and has swollen up so much in a matter of days, it now pushes my ear forward ans now feels more like a burn than anything else.
i had one removed from behind my right ear last year at this time too, but that was fecking wierd they sliced right along the back of my ear and lifted it forward! the svar makes me look like a failed van goch.
think im just gonna let this one take its course, as i also had one on my neck a few year back, got rubbed by labels in teeshriirts n jumpers, eventually burst, covered it in savlon for a couple of weeks, and its healed up ok, and that one was pretty big, bout the size of a fifty pence piece :o scar is about the size of an apple pip :)

savlon also helps the burning sensation now, hope the fact youre not alone helps :)
It's been there for years vurt, never bothered me at all until it flared up big style just over a week ago. In *normal* mode, inc the swelling, I'd say it's no bigger than a 10p piece, and while it's all but disappeared once or twice, it's come back but never got any bigger than that. Right now it's at least quadrupled in size and looks so red and angry. I think it must be infection because while I've had the cheesy looking and foul smelling discharge of a sebaceous cyst, this time it's leaking actual pus. Instead of being hard, I could squeeze it firmly before without it hurting in any way, it's now soft-ish and very, very painful to even the slightest touch.

On the bright side, while it still hurts like hell, it's also started to itch, which I've always believed was a sign of healing (old wives tale?) There's a obvious target for my GP to aim a lance at (a big yellow dome right in the middle) if only to relieve some of the pressure, but I'll pity anybody standing within 10ft if he does, they'll get covered. It may well be it's transformed itself into a common or garden boil or abscess, either way I just want it gone so I can get comfy/sleep again.

GaryG wrote:They say being shot in the stomach is one of the most painful places...

Sounds like it's ready to go. I had one on my back a couple of years ago, doc said they wouldn't remove it unless it went funny and the very next week it got quite sore. Wifey took one look and said she wasn't going near it then a day or so later it popped.

Maybe a hot flannel will help it on it's way (may relieve soreness too). Doc can always clean it up tomorrow.
I'll ask my GP to shoot me in the stomach tomorrow and get back to you over that, but I can't see there being much in it.

He's seen it several times but never really passed comment on it after I first approached him about having a *growth* on my stomach. I've tried heat pads/hot water bottle (over a dressing on the cyst of course) and they haven't done much good tbh, perhaps helping bring the pus to the surface, but that's about it.

The sheer weight of the f#cking has amazed me, it feels like I'm carrying around a bag of sugar that's been taped to my stomach. Still, this time tomorrow it'll be gone with a bit of luck, hopefully after it fading away overnight and only needing a course of antibiotics to complete the job.
hibidy
KVRAF

Postby hibidy; Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:12 am

They are creepy, disgusting and intriguing all in one.
Ian B
Fearer of cheese

Postby Ian B; Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:14 am

hibidy wrote:They are creepy, disgusting and intriguing all in one.
And belong on other people imo :hihi:
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Off Topic