What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

The Pirating of my Library

Official support for: ninevoltaudio.com

Moderator: NineVoltAudio

KVRian

1294 posts since 5 May, 2007, from Finland

Postby mkdr; Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:32 am

NineVoltAudio wrote:One pirate site currently lists 13,699 illegal downloads of TAIKO 2. If each person had paid $1.00 for his or her copy from this site, it would amount to more than the library has grossed so far.

Wouldn't this suggest you should've priced TAIKO 2 at $1.00 in the first place?
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi
KVRer

2 posts since 21 Nov, 2012

Postby liftmanproductions; Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:44 am

monopoli wrote:
IncarnateX wrote:God sorts them out

No he doesn't, because he doesn't exist.

I'm not going off-topic here. You did. Please leave your superstition out of the discussion.

Ok, if its not off-topic:
I don't think this belongs here, I mean if this is an issue where the most relevant issue is whether God "sorts them out" or not, as I think If he would be about sorting out anyone, we could start on who to sort out as first if not ourselves, for anything we wouldn't ever think we'd be accountable for.

But the point is: why do you think the non-existence of God is less of a superstition of yours (if the former is, and measured by what)?

Buts lets concentrate on the topic.
KVRist

444 posts since 29 Jul, 2002, from netherlands

Postby monopoli; Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:49 am

liftmanproductions wrote:But lets concentrate on the topic.

That was my point.
KVRAF

1790 posts since 25 Jan, 2009

Postby IncarnateX; Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:12 am

YOU UNBELIEVERS!

YOUR TIME WILL COME:

REDEEM YOUR SINS and stop downloading pirated software while you still have the chance for salvation!*

* Can be offered for 350$ per sin/download by The Holy Church of The Mighty Man. Please send a PM for details.
KVRAF

2501 posts since 1 Dec, 2004, from Sydney, Australia

Postby dalor; Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:18 am

My name? God. James God.
Don't LOL
Last edited by dalor on Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cowbells!
KVRAF

5270 posts since 8 Oct, 2007, from an inharmonious society

Postby mcnoone; Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:45 am

That was a great post NineVoltAudio, that I can relate to.
I've pretty much lost all hope now.
KVRAF

5369 posts since 8 May, 2008, from ssssskipping ......... I left you there

Postby standalone; Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:50 am

mkdr wrote:
NineVoltAudio wrote:One pirate site currently lists 13,699 illegal downloads of TAIKO 2. If each person had paid $1.00 for his or her copy from this site, it would amount to more than the library has grossed so far.

No.

I'm not going to say what your post suggests to me.
KVRist

151 posts since 28 Feb, 2010

Postby DavyAch; Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:58 am

mkdr wrote:

What a useful suggestion! Maybe if MP3's were priced at priced at a dollar, no-one would illegally download them......oh, wait... :roll:
KVRian

977 posts since 15 Mar, 2007, from Yorkshire, England

Postby Keith99; Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:32 am

As someone who has been hoping in the future to make money out of plugins I have found this thread really interesting and very depressing. I am not sure any more that money can be made in this area. This is another downside to this i.e. that potential developers will not start developing because of the state of piracy. That can not be good for innovation and would lead eventually to just a few big companies and the freeware brigade.

My previous job was writing computer games which is another industry badly hit by piracy. It all but killed the PC market (although things like STEAM seem to have improved the situation). People did not seem to realise, or did not care, that it cost millions to make a AAA title with a lot of sweat and tears from a lot of very talented individuals. The end result has been 'safe' games e.g. sequels and yes a lack of innovation. I read once that Far Cry I think it was had 20 times as many people download the first patch as bought the actual game! What is really really sad though is that in my games company many of the staff played pirated games themselves
KVRAF

3267 posts since 16 Dec, 2002, from over there

Postby VariKusBrainZ; Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:00 am

But people who use pirated software wont necessarily start paying for it if there is no warez.

Assuming youd have a larger paying customer base after the irradication of warez is a dream, unless the users fiscal situation changes, in some cases.

15 years ago I was one of those people.
These days I have a job and spenf thousands each year on softwares and Im just a hobbyist with no intent to inflict the world with my efforts :D
KVRAF

2669 posts since 18 Apr, 2002, from Ogden, UT

Postby audiojunkie; Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:44 am

monopoli wrote:

I'm not going off-topic here. You did. Please leave your superstition out of the discussion.

Relax, don't get your antithetic panties in a bunch, it's a common saying. It's seen on t-shirts even. "Kill'em all, let God sort them out."

:-)

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.
KVRAF

Postby audiojunkie; Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:46 am

liftmanproductions wrote:
monopoli wrote:

Ok, if its not off-topic:
I don't think this belongs here, I mean if this is an issue where the most relevant issue is whether God "sorts them out" or not, as I think If he would be about sorting out anyone, we could start on who to sort out as first if not ourselves, for anything we wouldn't ever think we'd be accountable for.

But the point is: why do you think the non-existence of God is less of a superstition of yours (if the former is, and measured by what)?

Buts lets concentrate on the topic.

Wasn't there some monologue like this in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? ;-)

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.
KVRAF

Postby audiojunkie; Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:50 am

....or was the monologue about the air-speed velocity of swallows carrying coconuts...... :(

....no, I think that one was a dialogue. ;-)

:D

Seriously though, maybe at some point in the future, a strategy will have to be used to reduce the desire to steal....

The movie industry has an interesting new idea: Ultraviolet

http://www.uvvu.com/

What about this does the movie industry hold all of its hopes on? Ready, constant availability? Not sure, but interesting to see what industries are trying to combat piracy. :-)

--Sean
KVRAF

2837 posts since 25 Jun, 2004

Postby highkoo; Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:58 am

fizzicist wrote:Reducing the discussion to one wherein profit is the enemy of privacy is a dead end. They're not mutually exclusive.

They should not be. But they are slowly being presented to the public as though they are.
Or, at least presented with the assumption that profit is dominant.

Like I said, that point might be slightly off topic for this thread, but I figure that many of you, while interested in profiting from your work, would also rather your children live as free as you have... :shrug:

I can appreciate the realist attitude of just wanting paid for the work. Where the argument tips for me is when it becomes vindictive and pointless at the same time.
When it involves the idea of stopping piracy completely, or involves 'punishing' pirates, it gets silly. Neither is possible, or sensible to attempt. Imo, proposing ideas that impact basic freedoms so as to protect imagined future profits is wrong.

When do you think itll be illegal to eat expired food...? :P
KVRAF

1790 posts since 25 Jan, 2009

Postby IncarnateX; Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:06 pm

audiojunkie wrote:
monopoli wrote:

Relax, don't get your antithetic panties in a bunch, it's a common saying. It's seen on t-shirts even. "Kill'em all, let God sort them out."

:-)

--Sean

Lets move on to PROOF:

And now: THE ULTIMATE PROOF OF THE EXISTENCE OF GOD!!!!

First premise: God exists, so say the bible
Second premise: The bible is true because it is written by God
--------------------------------------------------------------
Conclusion: GOD EXISTS!

And now that this is settled we can offer you eternal salvation if you join our church for an insignificant percentage of your monthly wage.

Join today, pay tomorrow and save your soul for eternity! :pray:

Best Regards
The Holy Church of The Mighty Man
PreviousNext

Moderator: NineVoltAudio

Return to Nine Volt Audio