What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Upcoming Studio One 2.5 release

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRian

1090 posts since 15 Jan, 2010, from Denver

Postby ezelkow1; Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:08 am

For anyone watching for a deal, for US customers

http://www.presonus.com/community/blog/ ... customers/

99$ producer, 250 pro, but it looks like its in stores only
KVRAF

2749 posts since 29 Jun, 2011

Postby Aiynzahev; Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:24 am

Anything for upgrades?
Aiynzahev-sounds
Resonance Sound
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Spire, Zebra2, Massive, DIVA, Sylenth and others
KVRAF

4189 posts since 4 Dec, 2004

Postby LawrenceF; Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:37 am

Nice sale.

$99 for S1 Producer seems to me (imo, mmv, yada, yada, hopefully to avoid the unnecessary comparative pricing and "personal value" debates :)) to be a pretty good deal.

Especially considering there is a free update coming soon.
vvvvvvv

1828 posts since 23 Oct, 2000, from skelmersdale, west lancs, uk

Postby kevvvvv; Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:50 am

rockstar_not ... I've read through your posts in this thread, and understand where you're coming from.

You're looking for value, and trying to compare this daw and that daw for value points.

I can't help feeling you're missing the point of a new daw, which is always the great opportunity it presents to accelerate your own music-making.

"To work in a new and better way that lets you make & mix tunes as fast as your creativity can deliver"

This is what I get from S1.

Anything else is missing the real point.

If money really is the burning issue, then save for a few months.

You can easily test out S1 with the free version, and see if the like the S1 style - or you don't.

It's that simple really.
Member 12, Presonus Studio One (always), AEON (so controllable), DM-7, Blue II (outstanding) Omnisphere, Kontakt, Alchemy, RP Delay (world's best delay presets) Plug&Mix VIP Collection (great tools)
KVRian

503 posts since 27 Mar, 2002, from Utah, USA

Postby Alfalfa; Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:15 pm

Aiynzahev wrote:Anything for upgrades?
I hope they send out another 50% off upgrades email like at Halloween. I didn't have the $ at the time.
KVRAF

2749 posts since 29 Jun, 2011

Postby Aiynzahev; Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:44 pm

Alfalfa wrote:
Aiynzahev wrote:Anything for upgrades?
I hope they send out another 50% off upgrades email like at Halloween. I didn't have the $ at the time.

Yeah that's what I am hoping for. I use Cubase primarily but its handy to have another DAW around.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Resonance Sound
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Spire, Zebra2, Massive, DIVA, Sylenth and others
KVRian

503 posts since 27 Mar, 2002, from Utah, USA

Postby Alfalfa; Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:58 pm

Aiynzahev wrote:Yeah that's what I am hoping for. I use Cubase primarily but its handy to have another DAW around.
I am a Cubase user as well. I bought Studio One earlier this year, then backed out of it and upgraded from Cubase 5 to Cubase 6.5 instead. I was very excited to see the long-promised updates to the Cubase UI only to be disappointed yet again with Cubase 7. I'll probably end up buying the Cubase upgrade too, but I'm ready for something different. I made the calculation that Cubase's UI would be reformed before Studio One caught up on features. I'm starting to wonder. Regardless, I think I may be ready to forego features for workflow. Just my story.
KVRian

Postby ezelkow1; Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:00 pm

just an fyi, i think before the halloween one the other one last year was on valentines day, so you might be waiting until then
KVRian

Postby ezelkow1; Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:13 pm

And 94.99$ for producer, not sure how long it will last though

http://audiodeluxe.com/products/presonu ... 2-producer
KVRist

64 posts since 27 Nov, 2009

Postby Inceptic; Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:52 pm

ezelkow1 wrote:just an fyi, i think before the halloween one the other one last year was on valentines day, so you might be waiting until then

Wow, that's too bad.

Even though I own Studio One Pro v1, I didn't get any e-mail about the Halloween upgrade offer.

I guess they don't want my money. :shrug:
KVRAF

38456 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:21 pm

edited, thought not meant to be funny (really an angry thing) it will be taken worse than just an angry thing.
KVRist

490 posts since 8 Nov, 2003, from Mexico City

Postby donato; Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:08 am

ezelkow1 wrote:And 94.99$ for producer, not sure how long it will last though

Had to jump on this. I figure worst case scenario I could sell it and should get my money back at this price. Downloading the extra content at the moment on my extremely slow internet connection :P I currently use Cubase Elements. I'll try and report an opinion about the program for anyone that cares once I've evaluated it enough (possibly quite a bit longer since 2.5 should be out in a couple weeks). Hoping initially anyway, that I don't run into compatibility problems with my current plugs. Cheers!
KVRAF

1553 posts since 27 Jan, 2011

Postby lingyai; Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:38 pm

donato wrote:
ezelkow1 wrote:And 94.99$ for producer, not sure how long it will last though

Had to jump on this.

+1

Couldn't not do it

Just ordered a new PC today (goodbye, 32 bit OS !); by the time it's ready the 2.5 update should be available; should give me enough time to see whether I really like it so that if they have a sale on the Pro edition at Xmas, I can upgrade

In the worst case, if I don't like it, I'll at least have multiple audio take recording / comping feature, which is something I'll use a lot
KVRist

361 posts since 9 Jan, 2012, from Dona Ana, New Mexiico in the US of A

Postby CTStump; Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:18 pm

lingyai wrote:In the worst case, if I don't like it, I'll at least have multiple audio take recording / comping feature, which is something I'll use a lot

The license is transferable, so at the very least you can sell it.

That has never crossed my mind as it is my Goto DAW.

Back on topic, when 2.5 is released I expect there will be some disappointment becuase it's missing this or that, nothing's perfect in the DAW world. :?
KVRAF

1553 posts since 27 Jan, 2011

Postby lingyai; Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:25 pm

Actually, I'm bitterly disappointed no one wants to hear about the spec of my new DAW.

Humph!
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)