Sknote "C165a" vca compressor with saturating limiter and sidechain - Available NOW

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

And this is me playing with multitrack acoustic drums :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zIbTSFF ... ata_player

kvaca wrote:
penguinfromdeep wrote:No demo available but you can get a refund if you don't like the plug-in. I bought it! Now waiting for it to arrive in my mailbox ... Quinto for sure makes some of the best plug-ins around and with an unbelievable price
so now I understand why so little interest about these plugs...like previous poster stated...
sorry-I lost my interest,too,no matter how good they are or how low the price is /or what refund policy/...there is simply NO apologies for no demo policy and if the dev dont want to gain more interest its his decission but its pure nonsense to write here that "SKnote is undeservedly under the radar" :(
+1 :(

plenty of interest from me...Im more than happy with the pricing and demo policy
Presets for u-he Diva -> http://swanaudio.co.uk/

Wow guys, Quinto doesn't do demos--this is well-established at this point. Don't buy his plugins if you don't like it, but no need to flood the thread with non-stop complaints about it.

Has anyone actually used the plugin yet? I would be curious to hear initial opinions.

Im waiting for the EQ and EMT ones as I bought the NI bundle with 50% off and got the 3 vintage compressors pack, so Im liking the NI versions of all as the 1176 is modeled on the new released 1176 and I have the T rax versions too and they are quite subtle differences between each ones so its great to try the different ones on samples to check out the differences. The NI la2a really rocks and I happen to think the DBX clone is a stunner especially as its voltage controlled compression which is completely unique and I havent come across one like it yet, but the results I find are astounding. I havent tried the SK one but I probably will definintely get the EQ and reverb as I have all my compression needs covered. The NI DBX has a completely different form of compression compared to the sk note one and adapts the attack and release as needed, it can be as brutal as you like or as smooth as butter, Im Liking it as the best compressor yet out of them all, but software these days is coming on leaps and bounds in terms of quality, cant wait for the EMT reverb though because of the hype and the price difference compared to UADs one and the other native software one. Any release date plans? :)

At X2: You seem to have mixed up threads, don't you? This is the SKnote C165a thread - not the NI compressors thread.

Hadn't you noticed?

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Be careful, Dbx160 and Dbx165 are NOT the same thing and have NOT the same sound! And the internal limiter in Dbx165a makes it still a different thing! :)
I didn't test the NI one, though.

Rev250 could be ready next week, while the EQ1 is almost ready but I cannot say a date because these toys require some good listening time until the sound "snaps" to the convincing one and you really feel like you got the soul of the device :D
Last edited by quintosardo on Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kvaca wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:Its only as much hassle as you perceive.
I bought a plug, it didnt do what I wanted and I got a full refund.
pure nonsense-full refund is simply never possible,at least in the country I live,so w.out demo its not worth a hassle actually
VariKusBrainZ wrote: If youre afraid to lay down 30 bucks, find another hobby or stick to freeware
you are simply rude here-not a good choice if you working for Quinto or not
Hilarious, I dont work for Quinto. Im just a paying customer.

If I worked for Quinto I would be licking customer butt.
As I dont, Im just going comment as I please and be as rude as I like :D

Just ignore me, simples
Amazon: why not use an alternative

edited
Last edited by kvaca on Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
kvaca wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:Its only as much hassle as you perceive.
I bought a plug, it didnt do what I wanted and I got a full refund.
pure nonsense-full refund is simply never possible,at least in the country I live,so w.out demo its not worth a hassle actually
VariKusBrainZ wrote: If youre afraid to lay down 30 bucks, find another hobby or stick to freeware
you are simply rude here-not a good choice if you working for Quinto or not
Hilarious, I dont work for Quinto. Im just a paying customer.

If I worked for Quinto I would be licking customer butt.
As I dont, Im just going comment as I please and be as rude as I like :D

Just ignore me, simples
well,so you are muted :D

kvaca wrote:
sockofgold wrote:Wow guys, Quinto doesn't do demos--this is well-established at this point. Don't buy his plugins if you don't like it, but no need to flood the thread with non-stop complaints about it.

Has anyone actually used the plugin yet? I would be curious to hear initial opinions.
actually Im waiting for people like you tu buy the "demo" and inform us others who cannot try it without hassle...

There is a nice flaming action on KvR, it is a special feature of the forum :D

Kvaca, I don't know how to be more explicit... I'll try again... could you please send an email to my address and we'll do everything possible to make you test the product, given that paypal gives you nasty limits? But don't tell it around, I'm able to do it only where there are real problems because my resources are limited. Just an email.

I ask for some serious testing and feedback in exchange.

Here is some more playing with C165a on another master :shock:

A bit of the limiter distorting here, too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-QbOugB ... KCWg52dZRg

Nevermind. Apparently I misunderstood.
Last edited by sockofgold on Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oh, it was cleared, paypal is seriously a nightmare there so we should see it from that point of view. Nobody was harsh as he sounded :)

It is really incredible how some things still work around the world... we are so used to openness and such and forget it isn't the same everywhere.

Back to audio: working on the first serious mix with C165a here...

quintosardo wrote:Oh, it was cleared, paypal is seriously a nightmare there so we should see it from that point of view. Nobody was harsh as he sounded :)

It is really incredible how some things still work around the world... we are so used to openness and such and forget it isn't the same everywhere.

Back to audio: working on the first serious mix with C165a here...
Maybe I took it the wrong way. Typically, the phrase "people like you" is not used in a friendly context, but I can see how I misunderstood. I totally understand how much PayPal sucks!

Return to “Effects”