Bypass Envelope 1 in Zebra2?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How does one untether modules from Envelope 1? Example: I have 3 oscs and I want different amp envelopes on each, so I have to "neutralise" Env 1 by setting attack to 0 and sustain & release to 100, and assign the remaining envelopes to Vol on each module, thereby making Env 1 redundant.

I know I should know this, but for some reason I've just put up with it and never investigated until now. Must be time to go through the manual again for a refresher. :clown:

(c:

look at the mixer row under the matrix. switch env1 to gate

Ah that's it, thanks! My eyes were even wandering around that area, like I'd already found the answer there before. Must be something about the grey text on black...

Also you can design your layers in different lanes and select different amp envelopes for each in the mixer, so there is no need to assign envelopes to volume for oscillators.

Chris Jones wrote:Must be time to go through the manual again for a refresher. (c:
Each page of the manual has a row of hyperlinks, making it easy to refer to the bit you want without "going through" the whole document. I.e. I recommend looking things up every time you have a question.

Perhaps, but sometimes knowing what it is you're looking for can be more of a challenge than knowing how to find it. ;) Besides, it's been a few years since I went through the manual (and it's been updated who knows how many times since), so I'd no doubt benefit from a re-read.

Chris Jones wrote:Perhaps, but sometimes knowing what it is you're looking for can be more of a challenge than knowing how to find it. ;) Besides, it's been a few years since I went through the manual (and it's been updated who knows how many times since), so I'd no doubt benefit from a re-read.
:tu:

Chris Jones wrote:I went through the manual (and it's been updated who knows how many times since), so I'd no doubt benefit from a re-read.
+1
I occasionally open up the manual to reference something and invariably read 2-3 pages more than I intended. And because my experience with Zebra changes over time those 2-3 pages hit me differently now. And that usually means some new exploration for the rest of the evening. Great stuff.

Return to “u-he”