Shreddage 2 Development Thread

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

it's the final countdown,my real guitars are shivering :hihi:
Love the GUI,great work Andrew.

A bit of djent style... admittedly I'm not an expert but I think I got the general idea!

http://soundcloud.com/isworks/shreddage-2-shredjent-by
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

The new "shredjent" track is fantastic! I'm hoping for an early Christmas with Shreddage 2.

Great sounding demo...even through my iPad speakers. :)
One question about the manual:
I can't really imagine how DT is done in S2.
So there are basically 2 guitar instances per start...is this one for Rhythm and the other for Lead Guitar I guess?
Now when I press DT on Guitar 1 what exactly happens?
A new instance is created and automatically send to one of the individual outputs of Kontakt? To which one?
Some clarity would be nice.

It looks like Shreddage 2 will have one patch for both rhythm and leads, so it's all about the way you play/sequence it.

For double tracking, you'll have to load the patch twice and set one to Guitar 1, the other to Guitar 2, and set them to separate Kontakt outputs. Setting one to Guitar 2 changes the order of the RR samples so they won't both be playing the same thing at the same time (if Guitar 1 is playing samples 1-2-3-4, Guitar 2 will be playing something like 3-4-5-6 instead).

Think of it this way. Each instance of the Shreddage II patch is just another guitar track. You can use it for whatever you want; rhythm, lead, arpeggios, whatever. "DT Guitar 1" vs. "DT Guitar 2" chooses a separate randomized RR sequence, as J-Rokujuushi pointed out, so you're getting a different set of recordings.

Thus if you wanted to have one double-tracked lead part, and one double-tracked rhythm part, you would have 4x instances total. Though in many rock songs, only one lead track is used as opposed to double-tracking that as well.

Does that make sense?

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Makes sense to me...and i'm thick :)

Ya sounds good. Thx for clarity

Hi. Any news?

Native Instruments approved all the files and they're working on the encoding/finalization process, or some other kinda voodoo. I think we're still on track for early December.

zircon wrote:Native Instruments approved all the files and they're working on the encoding/finalization process, or some other kinda voodoo. I think we're still on track for early December.
aaaaargh i'm really impatient! :lol:

andrew for people who want buy shreddage 2 and shreddage bass is supposed to be a special price?

Good question, we'll have to think about that... you mean like a bundle price for S2 + Shreddage Bass, right?

yes,exactly!

Any special discount for owners of Shreddage, Shreddage X and/or Shreddage Bass?

Existing owners of Shreddage will be able to get Shreddage II for a price of $99, permanently. The normal intro price (2 week) will be $119 and list price will be $139.

No promises on an additional discount for Shreddage Bass owners... would be a little trickier to set up on the backend, plus remember, this being a Kontakt Player library, we have a bit more overhead this time around. But I will see what I can do. If not for this, then you'll definitely get a discount on future bass libraries.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”