Polyslax - Invisible Hands

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A down tempo track with a bit of a mysterious vibe.

Invisible Hands

Also available at SoundCloud:

http://soundcloud.com/polyslax/invisible-hands

Thanks to all who have a listen. :)
Image Image

GREAT ! I have spent the last 40 mins in the company of your music..catching up on my stress relief .. so , just want to thank the doctor for a job well done as usual ! Cheers Matt.
"any path is only a path..."
www.soundcloud.com/tatsama

Mysterious, creepy and comprising great sounds all the way through. A melancholy melody and those sounds enhance the atmosphere. Gonna check this out at high volume in the morning.

Great track :)

Cheers tats + Tim!
Image Image

You've got your own style with an intriguing vibe. Lots of interesting organic sounds which are given plenty of space to breathe. I like it but am wondering if chord changes are allowed in Polyslaxland. :) It seems like this piece and "Hunger Battle Birds" are harmonically static. Not necessarily a bad thing but I get a little antsy listening to them.

this is gorgeous. i'm a little lost for words today but i'll squeeze another one out. magnificent :love:

neil.

I love the beat/percussion on this one :tu:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Thanks very much for the feedback guys!

FrantzM - yes, in general polyslaxland isn't a comforting place for listeners who crave harmonic change. I work only by ear on keys, so it tends toward simple... once in a while I'll have a breakthrough moment. :) Thanks for checking it out!
Image Image

polyslax wrote: FrantzM - yes, in general polyslaxland isn't a comforting place for listeners who crave harmonic change. I work only by ear on keys, so it tends toward simple... once in a while I'll have a breakthrough moment.
The kingdom of polyslaxland doesn't have to live under martial monochord law forever. If some day you want to dabble with a harmonic revolution, here's an experiment to try. Grab the MIDI data for every 2 or 4 bars and transpose it by an interval in your sequencer. This is not the "correct" way to do a chord change but for your sparse melodies it should hardly matter. It could add another dimension to your music.

FrantzM wrote:
polyslax wrote: FrantzM - yes, in general polyslaxland isn't a comforting place for listeners who crave harmonic change. I work only by ear on keys, so it tends toward simple... once in a while I'll have a breakthrough moment.
The kingdom of polyslaxland doesn't have to live under martial monochord law forever. If some day you want to dabble with a harmonic revolution, here's an experiment to try. Grab the MIDI data for every 2 or 4 bars and transpose it by an interval in your sequencer. This is not the "correct" way to do a chord change but for your sparse melodies it should hardly matter. It could add another dimension to your music.
Thanks for the tip... but I generally stick with what I enjoy doing, and I'm in a simpler period at the moment. I've got quite a few tracks online... probably in the hundreds I'm guessing... at SoundCloud and my own site where you can hear some of the different flavours I go for, if you're interested. :)
Image Image

polyslax wrote: Thanks for the tip... but I generally stick with what I enjoy doing, and I'm in a simpler period at the moment.
Cool. You gotta do whatcha like.

cool mix of sounds on this one... 8) and, as usual, "simply" immaculate production! :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Something of a dark fairy tale feeling to this one. Goes nicely with the wind hurling itself at the windows here. Thanks, polyslax.
No longer a moderator.

Thanks a bunch guys!
Image Image

Them damn pixies have got in again. When I catch a hold of them I'm gonna whomp their asses :D
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Return to “Music Cafe”