Polyslax - Word Salad

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Some noisy ambient with a dash of groove.

Word Salad

Also available at SoundCloud:

http://soundcloud.com/polyslax/word-salad

Thanks to all who have a listen. :)
Image Image

Lots of the early/mid part sounds like industrial music in the literal sense. Some of these sounds could possibly be by-products of mechanised activity designed to achieve some tangible/material outcome or product. At about 3:15 the track seems to crystallise and the production line is really rolling. At about 6:20 the clean-up operation begins in order to conceal all trace of the nocturnal activities from the unsuspecting day-shift who are about to commence their labour.

But what is being constructed?

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote:But what is being constructed?
Only the listener knows. ;)

Many thanks Tim!

All the noisy, dirty sounds come from feeding old samples of my Voyager (sold last year) through the Octatrack. Miss that old girl sometimes.
Image Image

I like the beast beneath the music here. I like the music atop the beast, too. Thanks.
No longer a moderator.

This is the kind of genius I'm after!!! Seriously good...and even more so around 4 minutes when everything kicks in. Thank you for this. I really needed some fresh perspective this evening!!!

Cheers Polyslax!
S1gns Of L1fe
Ambient Music Producer | Content Creator

Thanks a lot guys!
Image Image

Once more round the block for this...
Image Image

seismic1 wrote:Lots of the early/mid part sounds like industrial music in the literal sense. Some of these sounds could possibly be by-products of mechanised activity designed to achieve some tangible/material outcome or product. At about 3:15 the track seems to crystallise and the production line is really rolling. At about 6:20 the clean-up operation begins in order to conceal all trace of the nocturnal activities from the unsuspecting day-shift who are about to commence their labour.

But what is being constructed?

Good work :)
I think seismic1 has this piece worked out! Good job.
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Thanks again Allomerus... this one didn't seem to go over too well, glad a few of you enjoyed it. :)
Image Image

I missed this one the first time around, I guess.
I wouldn't know why a polyslax fan wouldn't love this track, it has all the elements. A more mechanised rhythm, yes, but at times disjointed (the way we like) and broken. The dirty sounds are music to my ears :) and it all moves in one direction, but where? :P
Great track, Matt.

Thanks a lot Mario - glad you appreciated it. :)
Image Image

Return to “Music Cafe”