What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Sound Design DVD

Official support for: robpapen.com

Moderators: Meffy, Concretefx, Rob Papen

padillac
KVRist
 
352 posts since 27 Nov, 2011

Postby padillac; Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:21 pm

Who's the target audience for this? I'm sorry to say that I was more excited BEFORE I saw the table of contents. What is there for someone who's seen the NY school of synthesis vids, read SOS synth secrets, cann's how to make a noise, and generally knows his way around a synthesizer? I was expecting an in-depth examination of sound design but it looks more like a (very well-done) introduction to subtractive synthesis.
Rob Papen
KVRAF
 
1921 posts since 18 Oct, 2002

Postby Rob Papen; Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:06 am

Hi,

Next week we most likely receive the first shipment.
Book does weight 1.3kg (46 ounce)

This week quick walkthrough of the 4 DVDs online.

Rob
www.robpapen.com

"Inspiration SoundWare"
Rob Papen
KVRAF
 
1921 posts since 18 Oct, 2002

Postby Rob Papen; Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:22 am

Hi,

Book is ready now and they will ad the 4 DVDs now :)

Image

Image

Next week they are ready and will we receive the first shipment :D

Rob
www.robpapen.com

"Inspiration SoundWare"
JD Gaffe
KVRian
 
670 posts since 27 Sep, 2010

Postby JD Gaffe; Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:52 pm

Wooo. I've been casually keeping an eye on this thread forever.
Rob Papen
KVRAF
 
1921 posts since 18 Oct, 2002

Postby Rob Papen; Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:04 am

padillac wrote:Who's the target audience for this? I'm sorry to say that I was more excited BEFORE I saw the table of contents. What is there for someone who's seen the NY school of synthesis vids, read SOS synth secrets, cann's how to make a noise, and generally knows his way around a synthesizer? I was expecting an in-depth examination of sound design but it looks more like a (very well-done) introduction to subtractive synthesis.


Hi

This training I started in 2001. 98% of the visitors where synth players and producers who wanted to know more about their subtractive synthesizers.

The ones which already knew much more and did visit my training still learned according to their feedback. I use my own way of teaching, which makes it fully different from any other content.

This training is very practical. It shows basic things, but also other essential information.
To my opinion this training is "in-depth".

So the focus is not the synth player who already knows everything.
I seriously would not know what to tell them, because the last bit with working with synthesizers is simply being creative with the tools and having talent in using them.

Rob
www.robpapen.com

"Inspiration SoundWare"
poonna
KVRian
 
1228 posts since 2 Oct, 2001, from Thailand

Postby poonna; Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:26 am

Rob Papen wrote:So the focus is not the synth player who already knows everything.
I seriously would not know what to tell them, because the last bit with working with synthesizers is simply being creative with the tools and having talent in using them.

I think your approach is kind of bottom up -- gradually building knowledge from each synth element. Another approach I'd love to see would be goal-based. That is, for example, how to build drum kits, how to build great lead sounds, sound effects, etc. Some advanced tips/tricks, secrets thrown in.

Probably it's already there... Got to see it first. :)
Peace, my friends. I'm not seeking arguments here. ;)
Rob Papen
KVRAF
 
1921 posts since 18 Oct, 2002

Postby Rob Papen; Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:35 am

poonna wrote:
Rob Papen wrote:So the focus is not the synth player who already knows everything.
I seriously would not know what to tell them, because the last bit with working with synthesizers is simply being creative with the tools and having talent in using them.

I think your approach is kind of bottom up -- gradually building knowledge from each synth element. Another approach I'd love to see would be goal-based. That is, for example, how to build drum kits, how to build great lead sounds, sound effects, etc. Some advanced tips/tricks, secrets thrown in.

Probably it's already there... Got to see it first. :)


There are reverse engineering parts on the DVD. But main goals is to add a solid foundation for everything.
Music and preset styles change rapidly and this training has value now, but also in the future. At least that is the aim :D
www.robpapen.com

"Inspiration SoundWare"
Rob Papen
KVRAF
 
1921 posts since 18 Oct, 2002

Postby Rob Papen; Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:08 am

Released :)

Today I received the first delivery. :)


Available at www.robpapen.com and in UK at www.timespace.com/robpapen

Image

Image

:D
www.robpapen.com

"Inspiration SoundWare"
manducator
KVRAF
 
1676 posts since 10 Feb, 2007

Postby manducator; Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:33 am

Bought!!

I would be so happy with an autographed book...
Rob Papen
KVRAF
 
1921 posts since 18 Oct, 2002

Postby Rob Papen; Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:29 am

Hi,

Also the books for the winners of the contest are shipped :)

If you purchased it, received it... spend some hours with it and like it, feel free to write a review :)

http://www.robpapen.com/book-dvds-user-comments.html

Best,
Rob
www.robpapen.com

"Inspiration SoundWare"
Mushy Mushy
KVRAF
 
6676 posts since 6 Sep, 2008

Postby Mushy Mushy; Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:30 am

Just watched the promo video.
Looks superb :tu:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"
User avatar
core
KVRAF
 
4239 posts since 2 Sep, 2005, from city of lights (nl)

Postby core; Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:12 am

Got the book last weekend, only had a quick glance but I can already see this is a most wonderful reference. Looking forward to checking the videos.
:tu:
rekkerd.org - latest news, free samples, audio plugins, patches & sounds and plugins deals
User avatar
Karten
KVRian
 
1199 posts since 1 Mar, 2010, from Paris

Postby Karten; Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:20 pm

A big THANK YOU, Rob.
I just got it in the post today.
And I appreciated the nice words.
:hyper:
Image
Vincent @ Ghostwave Audio
Soundbanks for Synplant, Sylenth1, DUNE, Ultra-Analog and more - www.ghostwaveaudio.com
User avatar
DrGonzo
KVRian
 
1447 posts since 23 Oct, 2000, from Stockholm/Budapest

Postby DrGonzo; Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:26 pm

Nice touch Rob - really looking forward to see you in action making sounds.

/C
Image
Rob Papen
KVRAF
 
1921 posts since 18 Oct, 2002

Postby Rob Papen; Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:56 pm

Ghostwave wrote:A big THANK YOU, Rob.
I just got it in the post today.
And I appreciated the nice words.
:hyper:
Image


Your welcome :)
www.robpapen.com

"Inspiration SoundWare"
PreviousNext

Moderators: Meffy, Concretefx, Rob Papen

Return to Rob Papen