How stable is Rapture on OSX Lion?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I see it's for sale @ $20.00 at cakewalks website. It says this on the product page though

Please Note OS System Requirements:
Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7,
Mac OS X 10.3.9 - OS X 10.6.8
(OS X Lion and Mountain Lion is not supported)

So I am just curious how stable it is with Lion (10.7.4 which is what I am running)

*Edit* after a bit of digging around, it turns out it doesn't even install on lion.. :lol:

I'll guess I'll pass :hihi: :hihi:
:borg:

Apparently there are workarounds to install on Lion (maybe ML too?) but they are a bit of a faff and it would be better if Cakewalk would give Rapture the attention it deserves.

it works flawlessly on Lion at least in my case, but you have to use one of several workarounds. best is, you have Rapture installed on another mac with 10.5 or 10.6.

here is the thread:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... pture+lion

Chad :tu:
"It dreamed itself along"

I prefer this problem than the registration

I can't register it -.- Support of Cakewalk is horrible ...

I've also had no problem running it on Lion once you get it installed.
Music you can believe in:
http://rebshaya.com

I'm thinking of jumping on this one too...

But does anyone know what their license transfer/resell policy is, in case I regret purchasing it later on?
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

ben_horwood wrote:I'm thinking of jumping on this one too...

But does anyone know what their license transfer/resell policy is, in case I regret purchasing it later on?
Short and harsh: you're not allowed to.

I saw that at Sweetwater. I highly suggest you search for Rapture Install Instructions before giving it a go. I know Mac people were having a problem. I'd seen same with Win 7 64 bit, but there were excellent instructions on a Cakewalk forum. Followed those exactly. Had no problem. They have some threads about Mac Lion install, and the guy fixed his issue also.
Peace.

Rapture for $20 is an amazing deal.

Cakewalk just needs to update their Rapture installer for OSX.

I assist about half a dozen or more new Rapture and Dimension Pro users a week via PMs on KvR and other forums. Once they get it installed it runs fine.

V0RT3X wrote:I see it's for sale @ $20.00 at cakewalks website. It says this on the product page though

Please Note OS System Requirements:
Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7,
Mac OS X 10.3.9 - OS X 10.6.8
(OS X Lion and Mountain Lion is not supported)

So I am just curious how stable it is with Lion (10.7.4 which is what I am running)

*Edit* after a bit of digging around, it turns out it doesn't even install on lion.. :lol:

I'll guess I'll pass :hihi: :hihi:
Chad@PA helped me out on that because I bought those before ML, but if I didn't have it previous, I wouldn't buy it now.
It's totally stupid that they don't fix the installer, Rapture/Dimension Pro run fine.

why they even sell it now for Mac is beyond me because ML is the OS that Apple is promoting.

True. It also helps to read absolutely everything. I didn't and after installing read: Don't install the 32 bit version if you install the 64 bit version. Luckily, following the instructions of Cakewalk forum thread, this was prevented.

Can someone upload on a server or download portal the installer of the mac version 1.22 (full version) not update

We customers of Sweetwater need the installer

Thanks in advance

Sorry for the offtopic questions but is Rapture 64 bit on OSX?

Regards,

Darknesslord wrote:Can someone upload on a server or download portal the installer of the mac version 1.22 (full version) not update

We customers of Sweetwater need the installer

Thanks in advance
I believe the Rapture 1.2 installer behaves as a full installer. Rapture 1.22 is only an update, and requires that you have a previous version of Rapture installed to run. You should be able to download the 1.2 installer from the Rapture support pages, then apply 1.2.2:

Rapture 1.2 Support Details

Rapture 1.2 Download

2020 wrote:Sorry for the offtopic questions but is Rapture 64 bit on OSX?

Regards,

Thanks for letting me know.

Best.

Return to “Instruments”