What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

The Pirating of my Library

Official support for: ninevoltaudio.com

Moderator: NineVoltAudio

KVRer
 
3 posts since 4 Nov, 2012

Postby nightpick; Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:55 am

dinaiz wrote:
A developer is someone who mainly just writes C++ code, works very long hours and generally doesn't make tons of money !

I believe you are wrong, these people are usually referred to as programmers or coders. You should know that warez are the handiwork of these geniuses, as they were often the beneficiaries of the warez scene. Many a coder cut their teeth on pirated dev tools that were priced out of reach for the then poverty stricken programmers of the future. Internet Relay Chat and FTPs were the Portals for sharing. Before that Bulletin Board Systems served up the warez. Before that it was Sneaker Net. Coders know better than anyone else how disposable software is, and they benefited more than anyone else by the warez scene. They are merely returning the favor.

The seemingly ubiquitous nature of todays piracy can seem harrowing and disheartening, but todays warez is tomorrows garbage. The coders know exactly what I am talking about. I am not suggesting that Nine Volt Audio deserves to be ripped off. Quite the opposite, I am saying sell it while you can, and at a fair price, because it will soon be in the garbage with the mountains of other obsolete worthless software. Before People defend developers, think of all the software purchased over the years that is now defunct. Of the software that survived, think of all the high priced upgrade paths for registered owners. Anyway, as you purchase more and more software over the years, you will become increasingly aware of its transitory nature, and the more upset you will become at the prices for these disposable products.
Signature blocked until 5 posts made
KVRist
 
87 posts since 14 Nov, 2009

Postby dinaiz; Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:01 am

nightpick wrote:dinaiz wrote:
A developer is someone who mainly just writes C++ code, works very long hours and generally doesn't make tons of money !

I believe you are wrong, these people are usually referred to as programmers or coders.


I believe that's my job and it's called developper :D . but we're splitting hair on terminology ;)
KVRer
 
1 post since 4 Nov, 2012, from Almaty, Kazakhstan

Postby engbeg; Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:43 am

The level of conscience and awareness about rights violation may be very different from one man to another. For those people who are not going to steal and don't allow his(her) children to do it you need to make adjustments in software for example for some trial period with periodic warning messages after that period. Because even that people may forget about payment if you don't remind. Also a lot of people just collect software but never play the music. It is just some kind of medical syndrome. Forget it. You are just trying to calculate money that you are loosing from these downloads from torrents in comparison with money that came from your own site. It is wrong way. I understand that it is hard but you need to be smarter and faster than pirates. Whole internet community depend on search engines. So you need to be a little bit SEO to promote your products. And first of all you can ask google(special form on their site) to remove pirate pages(not whole sites) from search results or ask to rank it so low that nobody can find it. Second. If I search "nine volt audio" than all of the links on first google page are legit and the first link is yours. The very different situation if I search "japanese drums" or "taiko" or "japanese drums free download". I don't see your site in search results on firt pages but I see a lot of links from japanese sites and youtube. The all links for the first phrase relate to traditional japanese instruments. The all links from the second search deliver legit and not legit resources to free samples and video downloads but not with information about your company. My suggestions to you. 1. Call the product next time not like the registered and known word but something different so the search engines can find it and differentiate from the other links. 2. Make some SEO optimisation for the site. For example I don't see that hompage contains keywords tag. If people cannot find you instrument in engine than they take free content from other sites. 3. I propose that you decrease the price for those who just make music from time to time and don't get money from this hobby. Just as cocos reaper developers do.
I hope that your products will make money to you and good luck in the future.
User avatar
Beware the Quoth
 
20655 posts since 3 Sep, 2001, from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Postby whyterabbyt; Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:29 am

nightpick wrote:I am not condoning piracy, but I Have been ripped off by dozens of software companies over the years, with their BS marketing and high prices for crappy software. I have little sympathy for developers. Point your finger at the Scuzball developers of present and past who are the reason warez exist at all.


what a great argument. +1. and next time there's a riot, lets all go out for some looting, because that's actually anti-capitalist activism, and the free TV is incidental. after all, I bought a crappy hifi once, so all shops deserve it.
To laymen, software development is something akin to wizardry. Neither time, nor effort are involved. If software is missing features they want, or has bugs, it is solely because someone has been too lazy to wave their magic wand.
User avatar
KVRAF
 
2501 posts since 1 Dec, 2004, from Sydney, Australia

Postby dalor; Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:44 am

whyterabbyt wrote:
nightpick wrote:I am not condoning piracy, but I Have been ripped off by dozens of software companies over the years, with their BS marketing and high prices for crappy software. I have little sympathy for developers. Point your finger at the Scuzball developers of present and past who are the reason warez exist at all.


what a great argument. +1. and next time there's a riot, lets all go out for some looting, because that's actually anti-capitalist activism, and the free TV is incidental. after all, I bought a crappy hifi once, so all shops deserve it.
That is so smart! God things can be so simple sometimes!! :dog: Lets burn em all down I say and for sure someone who deserves it will cop it! That'll teach em' stewped stewped develpoaz! Hahaha!!11!!1!One
Cowbells!
Banned

Postby abbot dervish; Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:59 am

dalor wrote:That'll teach em' stewped stewped develpoaz! Hahaha!!11!!1!One


:hihi:
User avatar
KVRian
 
1276 posts since 15 Nov, 2006, from Hell

Postby Burillo; Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:00 am

attacking a strawman much?
From Russia with love
KVRist
 
142 posts since 19 Jan, 2008, from In za studio..:P

Postby nIGhT-SoN; Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:17 am

Looking at the situation from the perspective of a human being I am sorry for you and I feel the same as you about this. We all know that this kind of behavior is not good for the market in general but also for the end user who maybe in the future won't see much going on, more companies will die because of this.

But now, looking at this as an economist, I can say that every business has a risk which when you started your own you knew about it and you still gone this way, that means you either hoped that this won't happen or you are very bad at business and didn't think about it. Anyway from this perspective it's your fault the business isn't as you like.

I know many people from here will hate me and tell me that I'm wrong, and I hope I am, but talk with any business man and he will tell you the same thing. Every business has it's risks. You have to make a business plan before you start it. If you don't like to lose, business aren't for you. You can't always win, not in this world.

You could say that this wasn't meant as a business, but that's how it looks from the way you presented it.
I hope you at least get your investmnet and I wish you get some profit too. All the best!

PS: Sorry for my english, it's not my main language. And sorry if I upset anyone.
I'm here, I'm there, I'm everywhere!
KVRist
 
87 posts since 14 Nov, 2009

Postby dinaiz; Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:48 am

nIGhT-SoN wrote:Looking at the situation from the perspective of a human being [...]
But now, looking at this as an economist [...]


I knew it !!! Economists aren't human beings ! I knew it from the start ! :D :D
KVRist
 
142 posts since 19 Jan, 2008, from In za studio..:P

Postby nIGhT-SoN; Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:59 am

They are but they are not suppose to think like one. :D
I'm here, I'm there, I'm everywhere!
KVRer
 
8 posts since 23 Nov, 2012, from Glendale, CA

Postby chillbot; Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:32 am

Sorry haven't read any of the responses. Just wanted to say great post and thanks for all your work. As someone who owns every one of your libraries (and paid for them!) I really appreciate not only the quality of your work but the fact that I don't have to wade through dongles and hoops full of copy-protection. Sometimes installing the copy-protection programs and drivers on certain software is more frustrating than installing the actual software and often times I have based purchasing decisions on that. Keep it up!
KVRer
 
15 posts since 10 Nov, 2012

Postby fozzil; Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:56 pm

my sympathies to you my friend..i totally understand how you might feel looking at immense effort and dedication being exploited like that..But like Samwise said - "There is some good in this world and it is worth fighting for". We are with you and we will pay for your product when we need it.
KVRer
 
22 posts since 21 Dec, 2006, from Reykjavík

Postby hunkofaman; Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:04 pm

get together with other content makers, pool your wares together, offer things cheapER, have a black friday sale, offer single hit sales and all with great preview system and you can't go wrong if you work HARD

it's a business and if people want to make something their business they have to work very hard before the returns start rolling in... imagine the surprise of those old Korg M1 patch makers

what i'm saying. make your product more easily accessible and may i please chime in on the argument that the returns would be the same on a sample library product if it would cost 69$ or 178$... more people would think: "Great Job! maybe i'll make this my next purchase as i feel i can do something amazing with it"

and music types get all weathered up when they have new sounds in their arsenal. sparks them

i buy a lot of music and i've bought a few plugs too... if an mp3 of a tune costs 1$, should a 4608kbps Aif of the same tune be 14$?

is your library 24bit 96khz? offer less bits & khz for the hobbyist for less

get together, make a platform of sample sales with easy previews, pool your ads, cater to both hobbyists and the big money makers.

i've seen some money from the music biz. it's there if you work hard and don't copy boring stuff
MBP 17", Fabfilter, u-he, d16, Stillwell, French Cheese, TAL, Korg, Audio Damage, Memorymoog, Minimoog, Arp Odyssey, Arp Axxe, Prophet VS, SH-101, Juno-2, Juno-106...
KVRer
 
22 posts since 21 Dec, 2006, from Reykjavík

Postby hunkofaman; Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:10 pm

small follow up

i bought all these M1 patches a few months ago. i think it's great somebody can make money from something they created 20 years ago and i gladly handed my digital cash over.

and ALL businesses up to now have used the annual sale format to turn over some inventory
KVRer
 
8 posts since 23 Nov, 2012, from Glendale, CA

Postby chillbot; Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:55 pm

I want to get to 5 posts because it won't let me post the post I just typed it claims it's spam even with no links in the post.
PreviousNext

Moderator: NineVoltAudio

Return to Nine Volt Audio