demoin WAVES products, license probs....

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

so i downloaded their license manager and wanted to tryout maserati and kramer tape, i select both licenses and choose as destination the connectec device (my pc i guess), it says succesfully transfered but when i refreh the plugin list in fl studio nothing new is shown, this makes me mad!

Have you used Waves before in FL?

There are issues with the Waves shell (which is some sort of alias within your VST folder for Waves plugins) and FL. I recall it being outlined and a solution presented in the Image Line forums. I believe some third party software is needed to resolve it.
I'd love to help you out further, but I don't use FL, so I will probably only confuse you :)

You need to open waveshell-vst instead. They handle their plugin differently in FL. You can then load the vst inside the waveshell later.
musisikamar.com

You might be having a similar problem to one I had in Reaper in Windows 7.
I needed to point the Reaper VST scanner to wherever the WaveShellv9.dll (spelling?) lived, in fact I also searched for it and copied it to my C:\Program Files\VstFiles directory so it wouldn't 'accidentally' disappear.

I missed that in the instructions somehow - mainly because Waves and Reaper seem to have a kind of non-supported relationship for some reason. Once found though the Waves plugs work great.

thanks, waveshell doesnt show them up too, says no licences found, guess im gonna pass on this with such a strange system :(

^ Sorry to hear. So it's more like WavesHell than WaveShell..

Return to “Effects”