What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Izotope Trash 2 is out!

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRist
 
43 posts since 7 Oct, 2002

Postby muleskinner; Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:34 am

I have written to Izotope expressing my dissatisfaction at their upgrade pricing. Probably won't do any good but worth a shot.

I just worked it out and as a registered user of FabFilter One (which I got for free or barely anything) I can get a new copy of Saturn for less than the upgrade to Trash. Given what Saturn would add to my sonic arsenal with its massive modulation options it's a much better buy for me than upgrading Trash as pretty much all Trash 2's new features (and there's not many of them) are covered by other plug-ins. Plus I'd get on the FF discount path which, like PSPs, is pretty good.

Trash 2 - great looking product unless you already own Trash 1!

:(
KVRian
 
941 posts since 12 Jan, 2010, from Copenhagen

Postby TwoToneshuzz; Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:52 am

Well I guess it doesn't look to good at the moment as far as the upgrade price being too close to the introductory price.. When it goes up to it's regular pricing of $ 250 then the $100 upgrade doesn't seem like too bad a deal.

Modulations in Trash are taken care of for me from my host where I can use multiple Lfo's routed to a monster list of parameters on several long lists of parameters..

I prefer to use my hosts modulators anyways as I can easily modulate the modulators, which is way cool. Like modulating the Lfo amount with an envelope or multpoint modulation sequencer..
Last edited by TwoToneshuzz on Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.
KVRist
 
445 posts since 6 Jul, 2009

Postby KBSoundSmith; Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:54 am

So, I said I'd make a quick demo last night. I made a trumpet patch, and used Trash just for a little extra "something." The melody plays four times. First is the trumpet dry. Second is the trumpet with Trash, no reverb. Third is the trumpet with reverb, no Trash. Fourth is the trumpet with Trash and with reverb.

http://soundcloud.com/kbsoundsmith/synth-trumpet
KVRian
 
941 posts since 12 Jan, 2010, from Copenhagen

Postby TwoToneshuzz; Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:38 am

@ KBSound, sweet demo! ya I'd say I prefer the last version with the slight timbral roughness to the sound..
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.
KVRist
 
445 posts since 6 Jul, 2009

Postby KBSoundSmith; Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:28 am

TwoToneshuzz wrote:@ KBSound, sweet demo! ya I'd say I prefer the last version with the slight timbral roughness to the sound..


Thanks, TwoTones, glad you liked it. I'm still working on the trumpet patch, trying to get it perfect; I'm still not quite satisfied.

For the Trash patch, I bypassed the low band, put just a touch of distortion on mids, and even less on the highs, used a filter in the 16000-20000 Hz range, and put that through the compressor. Combined with the reverb, I think that Trash helped make a more passable trumpet sound.
KVRian
 
579 posts since 3 Jun, 2002

Postby chrisby; Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:58 am

TwoToneshuzz wrote:
chrisby wrote:
TwoToneshuzz wrote:I was working with Trash 2 last night. It's pretty full featured, I'm going for the deal for $134 at Audio Deluxe,Thanks to Simon for mentioning them. I guess that's the cheapest price right now, after the 6th of December it goes up $100, so I'm thinking hard about getting Trash 2. It's more than I need really. But I do like adding distortion to somethings, Runciter has done well up til now, but when such full implementation is available at this price, it's almost a no Brainer..

Kind of regret that I didn't get the Bundle for $499 which includes Stutter Edit, Iris+5, Trash and Trash exp, But all in all I'm getting pretty good mileage for my Sound gear money these days..


Kind of funny... just went to the site to see what their upgrade price is. They have the same "$99.00 but add to cart to see your lower price". Add to cart, check the price... $98.99. That's right, save a penny. I dunno, it just seems funny but maybe it's just 'cause it's late...


I'd call that tragicomic! A penny. I think they need to dig a little deeper into their pockets it is also thanksGIVING!

Wait 100 minus 98.99, it's not that bad at all you save a dollar and a penny. Rejoice!!!!


Actually the regular price on their website was $99.00 (at least it was last night) , so it really was only a penny. Really not complaining though, everybody's gotta make a buck... It was just late at night and it seemed funny. That's also how I know it was $99.00 and not $100.00. I kept flipping between the two prices thinking I must be mis-reading....
KVRian
 
941 posts since 12 Jan, 2010, from Copenhagen

Postby TwoToneshuzz; Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:21 pm

chrisby wrote:
Actually the regular price on their website was $99.00 (at least it was last night) , so it really was only a penny. Really not complaining though, everybody's gotta make a buck... It was just late at night and it seemed funny. That's also how I know it was $99.00 and not $100.00. I kept flipping between the two prices thinking I must be mis-reading....


Somehow I misread the price I just figured hey a 100 bucks! is a 100 bucks!
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.
KVRian
 
941 posts since 12 Jan, 2010, from Copenhagen

Postby TwoToneshuzz; Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:41 am

If you want to save a few bucks on Trash 2 AudioDeluxe is offering 15% off for registered AudioDeluxe customers until monday.


I'll miss this I think as I'm not flush until Tuesday.
Last edited by TwoToneshuzz on Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.
User avatar
Beware the Quoth
 
21193 posts since 3 Sep, 2001, from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Postby whyterabbyt; Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:50 am

TwoToneshuzz wrote:If you want to save a few bucks on Trash 2 AudioDeluxe is offering 15% off for registered users until monday.


They have a 15%-off offer on purchases above $99.99. Their price for the Trash2 upgrade is currently $98.99.
To laymen, software development is something akin to wizardry. Neither time, nor effort are involved. If software is missing features they want, or has bugs, it is solely because someone has been too lazy to wave their magic wand.
KVRAF
 
2272 posts since 5 Aug, 2007

Postby sockofgold; Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:08 am

whyterabbyt wrote:
TwoToneshuzz wrote:If you want to save a few bucks on Trash 2 AudioDeluxe is offering 15% off for registered users until monday.


They have a 15%-off offer on purchases above $99.99. Their price for the Trash2 upgrade is currently $98.99.


You could always add the Edge Expansion pack to bump it up over $100...
User avatar
Beware the Quoth
 
21193 posts since 3 Sep, 2001, from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Postby whyterabbyt; Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:10 am

sockofgold wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
TwoToneshuzz wrote:If you want to save a few bucks on Trash 2 AudioDeluxe is offering 15% off for registered users until monday.


They have a 15%-off offer on purchases above $99.99. Their price for the Trash2 upgrade is currently $98.99.


You could always add the Edge Expansion pack to bump it up over $100...


yup. if you want the expansion, consider it like saving no money on trash2, but getting the expansion for an extra $10 instead of an extra $30.
To laymen, software development is something akin to wizardry. Neither time, nor effort are involved. If software is missing features they want, or has bugs, it is solely because someone has been too lazy to wave their magic wand.
KVRian
 
941 posts since 12 Jan, 2010, from Copenhagen

Postby TwoToneshuzz; Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:13 am

whyterabbyt wrote:
sockofgold wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
TwoToneshuzz wrote:If you want to save a few bucks on Trash 2 AudioDeluxe is offering 15% off for registered users until monday.


They have a 15%-off offer on purchases above $99.99. Their price for the Trash2 upgrade is currently $98.99.


You could always add the Edge Expansion pack to bump it up over $100...


yup. if you want the expansion, consider it like saving no money on trash2, but getting the expansion for an extra $10 instead of an extra $30.


I'm just looking at the price for Trash not the to Trash 1 to 2 upgrade.

Of course I can see how you were thinking I meant the upgrade as that was written about in a previous post.
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.
KVRist
 
445 posts since 6 Jul, 2009

Postby KBSoundSmith; Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:21 am

Trash is really starting to grow on me. As I said before, I'm not a big fan of the presets in general, but when making my own presets, I'm finding that it's really capable of very nice, subtle effects to bring an extra layer of realism to sounds (it's ability to creatively mangle or destroy incoming signals should be obvious). I'm making new preset to use with a pitched percussion patch I'm working on, I'll try to post something later today when I get a chance.
KVRian
 
941 posts since 12 Jan, 2010, from Copenhagen

Postby TwoToneshuzz; Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:10 am

KBSoundSmith wrote:Trash is really starting to grow on me. As I said before, I'm not a big fan of the presets in general, but when making my own presets, I'm finding that it's really capable of very nice, subtle effects to bring an extra layer of realism to sounds (it's ability to creatively mangle or destroy incoming signals should be obvious). I'm making new preset to use with a pitched percussion patch I'm working on, I'll try to post something later today when I get a chance.


I'm just flicking through patches and tweeking them. From what I can see it will do me well for alot of my sound shaping needs. I have the u-he Uhbiks, Filterscape. Valhalla Shimmer and Room. The built in effects in most of my synths are really good too, plus Guitar Rig, and Arts Acoustic CL series compressor. So I know I'm done with effects plug ins for a while. Trash seems like it's the effect that has the most fleshed of feature set of all of them, except maybe filterscape..

Since I don't have the cash to make the sale this weekend I'm still going to check out the other offerings in this type of effect as I have until the 6th of December to decide before the intro price rebate is over.

So I've download and installed:

Saturn Ohmicide, and Maul I love the Maul Demo tracks!
Last edited by TwoToneshuzz on Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.
User avatar
KVRAF
 
5915 posts since 12 Oct, 2008, from Here and there
    

Postby Sampleconstruct; Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:19 pm

Guitar strings played with a bouncing drumstick processed by Trash 2 - 3 band trash mode, the lower 2 bands are processed by individual custom waveshapers - the filters run in parallel mode, one does nothing and the other has a sweeping Bandpass filter. Compressor in 3 band mode, the lower bands have compression going on. Demo starts dry.

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/b ... -guitar-fx
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects