Best of Waves thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ah, alright, a case of YMMV apparently! Although I will admit that it's more CPU than say a REN EQ.

As much as I was considering the Musicians II bundle I finally bought the H-EQ plug instead.
:love: Such a lovely sound!

The H-EQ is very good.

Friendly advice: abuse it, use high THD levels whenever you can, it could be exactly what you need (I don't like to distort things too much but I have used THD levels of 1000% on some things and they come to life like I never expected, specially those "raspy" synths).

I never pulled the trigger on any waves plug-ins in the end!
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote:I never pulled the trigger on any waves plug-ins in the end!
I bought the Gold bundle over 10 years ago & still use them.

The Native Power Pack has been a go-to at the studio for over a decade, and they keep adding new plugs to it for free, so I picked a version for the home set-up.

The L1, Q-10, De Esser and True Verb have been in many of my mixes over the years. The C1, S1 and Super Tap, not so much.

But I can't wait to get my hands on the IR-L, Doubler and Ren Axx, all three added since I bought it those many moons ago.

I just picked it up at Audiodeluxe.com for $73 usd, over 2/3 off msrp! NICE!

KVR/eSoundz: Xenobt

Mercado_Negro wrote:The H-EQ is very good.

Friendly advice: abuse it, use high THD levels whenever you can, it could be exactly what you need (I don't like to distort things too much but I have used THD levels of 1000% on some things and they come to life like I never expected, specially those "raspy" synths).
Cool, will do, thanks for the tip! :)
The SSL (UK Modern) has the strongest THD as far as I played a bit with that.

I am actually pretty glad I passed on waves stuff this time. None of the bundles really made sense for me.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Already almost everything that's on sale. The CLA classic comps bundle is not the best value there already on sale Then, half an hour ago I saw Aphex Exciter at plugindiscounts for $69 - it's now one of my favorite plugins ever! Seriously, that thing is magical!

yevster wrote:Already almost everything that's on sale. The CLA classic comps bundle is not the best value there already on sale Then, half an hour ago I saw Aphex Exciter at plugindiscounts for $69 - it's now one of my favorite plugins ever! Seriously, that thing is magical!
You know I can't find any demonstration of that anywhere.
Aiynzahev-sounds

Favorite Waves plugins:

H-Series (esp. H-Delay)
Renaissance bundle (esp. RenChannel & RenBass)
SSL 4000 bundle
CLA Classic Compressors
V-Series EQ & Comp (both very underrated IMO)
Maserati ACG (Acoustic Guitar)
Enigma & MondoMod are oldies, but still goodies in my book
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

Return to “Effects”