Sknote "C165a" vca compressor with saturating limiter and sidechain - Available NOW

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just purchased this bad boy, and Quinto is already uploading the files. Excelent customer service and and excelent gear. Sknote is my favorite dev by far. Will post a review soon...
Your mom used to alias, but now she is oversampled.
-----------------------
www.BASSFACErecords.com

quintosardo wrote:I don't know, the upper units (the EQs) use the font you see there.

Just google for MCAudioLabs website, EQ1 product :)
Yeah, that main font is fine, seems to be exactly what they use. But I'm saying, at the bottom of your interface: that's Comic Sans!

Anyway, never mind me, it's none of my business. I just hate that font with a passion. :help:

EDIT: file was sent to another email addy paypal had on file ages ago. I could have been playing with this for hours already damnit!

http://www.youtube.comwatch?v=OBibXwwLBts&sns=em
Your mom used to alias, but now she is oversampled.
-----------------------
www.BASSFACErecords.com

@bduffy: ah, ok, I'll take care of that :D
That's a joke after the amount of work needed to get the other things going, ah ah!

quintosardo wrote:@bduffy: ah, ok, I'll take care of that :D
That's a joke after the amount of work needed to get the other things going, ah ah!
Good one! Thanks, you really don't have to change it for me, some people love it (the entire nation of Bali, apparently), but I just had to point it out. Thanks! :D

Just got this grrrreat demo video showing C165a in action:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=69gTGEjR3FY

Playing around with it. I'm not sure how the Limiter works. There's no visual feedback for it right?

Only the led.

To get a grasp on it, switch "Power" off (disables just the compressor, limiter on, increase output and decrease limiter threshold until you see the red light on

Ok i see.

And when the compressor is on, how can i make it so that i compress a signal very much AND drive it hard into the Limiter?

Reduce limiter's threshold to min and raise output to max. If it is not enough you have to reduce "compression" setting.

Cool hints!

To experiment with the compression, load a gain control before the plugin and test different input levels. It is not the same as using threshold!

Im getting aliasing...

.....on the knob graphics especially obvious on the compression knob :hihi:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

quintosardo wrote:To experiment with the compression, load a gain control before the plugin and test different input levels. It is not the same as using threshold!
Ooh! Cool, I'll have to try. :)

What is the expected input level btw, because when i load it on a channel it immediately lowers the volume?

Or can you maybe add an input gain thingy so users can define their own input level?

Nice sound by the way! ;)

Return to “Effects”