Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I can SAFELY guarantee you , this will NOT be my next guitar!

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/standa ... ature.html

It's an interesting combination of features. The Sustainer probably compensates for some of the issues of being a hollow body. That said, I don't want it, either.

hibidy wrote:I can SAFELY guarantee you , this will NOT be my next guitar!

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/standa ... ature.html
Not my cup of tea. I have no issues with hollowbodies, but there's something offputting about that guitar I just can't put a finger on... :? :?
Bandcamp: https://suitcaseoflizards.bandcamp.com/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4kuy ... Dx4ziLn3ng
Now a Relay Radio DJ! http:/www.relay-radio.com

The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

That's such a cool shot Hink!
He has my aesthetic in guitars,
natural all the way.
Who is it, can we hear his music?

Yeah,
the synth axe is still worth more than 10k,
I have my solution now for synth guitar.
I will make some audio demos at least very soon.

Steve Howe is very good. Man, I feel pretty lucky to be able to get what I have, but it must really be nice to have such terrific taste and the cash to have those fab instruments. I could never handle playing all those....would drive me up the wall keeping them clean, strings, and trying to remember what the hell key I'm playing in :scared: But that's why he's "Steve Howe" and I'm not :hihi:

nix808 wrote: Who is it, can we hear his music?
Yes
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:
Yes
HINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :clap: take a bow sir.......

hibidy wrote:
Hink wrote:
Yes
HINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :clap: take a bow sir.......
I'm smiling ear-to-ear right now. :D

ffs, there is a LONG LONG list in the "hibidy's not-so-greatest hits" category with guitars..........but I remembered asking what was wrong with a guitar one time with this noise, I even made a clip of it :dog:

It was just a stupid tuning peg nut :dog: :dog: :dog: easily fixed :dog:

I do swear though, it's the first thing I check on me gueetars and basses when I get them now :oops:

I hope nix808 doesn't think we have said something against him :( It twas a brilliant reply by Hink.

Ok, I'ma spoil it just in case......

Steve Howe is the guitarist. So when you asked, he said "yes" which is the band he's most famous for being in. Quick wit by Hink :)

no offence taken Hibidy,
thanks for explaining the gag though.
I'll check 'em on youtube.
Good call Hink!

One of the best examples of Steve Howe is "Yes" "Fragile" which is a classic older rock record. But you know, his work on "Asia's" first record is really great too. That is as you might remember very "pop" but still, the guitar work is really first-class.

Roundabout is the song people are going to remember most about "Yes" and it's beyond being a "classic". But there is so much else going on on that record. All the little stuff (various fretted instruments) from a variety of acoustic to of course, electric.

Read a live festival review from maybe 2002 or thereabouts, Yes were on the bill and it was one of those hipster fag affairs where any flavour of the month get massive gushings of praise. So anyway with that in mind the review of Yes's set just said "...Yes...NO! 0/10". I'll confess I laughed alot but not because of anything but typical NME or whatever style almost toilet humour coupled with the blind promotion of anti-musicianship they clearly fail to see what damage it does. Ah it tickled me :)

Anyway there is somehow an 8-string in the joint collection. It cost yet it plays and sounds sick! Got it real cheap as its an older model that was on sale plus special offer. It does that gent ;) thing effortless

Best as always dudes, Hope you are having a good thanks giving with your families and loved one's to those that celebrate it :D

Dean and Family

Crackbaby wrote:Do you guys have any preferences duncan vs dimarzio?
As others have intimated, they are both high quality. They can also be combined to get some great sounds too. I have a custom headless hollowbody guitar with a Benedetto (made by Duncan) in the neck and Dimarzio Fred in the bridge. Both have their own character, but when played together are really special too. They both split well too. Add to that the Lindy Fralin "Vintage Hot" SC I have in the middle position and I have a true "tonal chameleon." I couldn't be happier with it.

In other words, my "next guitar" will be the exact same configuration by the exact same luthier: Chris Forshage of Austin, TX. :love: Though I might go with his standard single-cutaway design rather than the double-cutaway I have now.

-u
"I guess one person can make a difference, but most of the time they probably shouldn't." -M. Simpson

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”