Tracktion's future...?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jules wrote:I also just want to say that although you may have heard rumours about things being afoot, I can neither confirm nor deny anything at the moment... :)
:hihi: a great way to start rumours. tracktion is a great DAW. i bought a mackie audio-interface just to get the software. i actually consider the audio-interface as packaged with the program rather than vice versa - the audio-interface itself currently rests unsused in some drawer. the user-interface concept is the most straightforward and intuitive one, i have ever seen in a DAW. actually, i'm already quite happy with it as-is, but i wouldn't mind an update with a few improvements either. ...specifically, the missing vertical zoom/scroll functionality for the matrix-editor (and it's weird "chewing-gum" replacement) is often rather quirky to use.
My website: rs-met.com, My presences on: YouTube, GitHub, Facebook

rpc9943 wrote:I'd sell ableton if there's a new T. I'm serious.
Like yourself Ron, after resigning myself to the fact that Mackie had scrapped T and coming to the realisation that I was spending more time fighting bugs and crashes than making music, I gave Ableton Live 8 a long hard look. I liked what I saw.

So I bought Intro, and loved it.
Then I upgraded to Full a few months later.
Then I upgraded to Suite a few months after that.

Tracktion is my first love, so there is room in my heart for both, especially after seeing what's coming up in Live 9. But I'd love to be able to use Tracktion again, with support for 64 bit plugins, stability, and maybe bendy arrows.

NMG
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

Just hope the first note bug will not be in existence lol

This could get very interesting!
Jules signing in after 5 yrs :shock:
I still prefer T1 myself as T2 was very buggy in my old system and I had to move to Reaper for audio/Guitar work.
So ......
Let's wait a couple months and see what 2013 brings 8)
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero

oool! Only had t1 and my license is still there at mackie.com. Too bad, this app was really awesome very simple gui and it was so easy to get something going.

What if Jules could get rid of Mackie and team up with Harrison Mixbus?

jules wrote:Hello chaps!

Wow: looking at my KVR profile, it seems that the last time I posted (or even visited!) this forum was in 2007. Time flies!

Just wanted to say thanks to the people who've popped up in the last couple of days to express their enduring love for Tracktion - it's really gratifying to see that after all this time!

I also just want to say that although you may have heard rumours about things being afoot, I can neither confirm nor deny anything at the moment... :)

Wow - good sign. I would drop Logic, Ableton Live, Studio One 2, Reaper and all my other stuff if Tracktion would be reanimated. Also I would pay for the upgrade - as much as a regular DAW software costs today.

I think, now it's time for Tracktion. Because it is still the software with the best workflow around. There are still lots of people who feel like me and would love to come back to Tracktion and drop the other new stuff.

Hey Jules, let our dreams come true and make your child live again!!!!!!

:)

mfkne wrote:
Wow - good sign. I would drop Logic, Ableton Live, Studio One 2, Reaper and all my other stuff if Tracktion would be reanimated. Also I would pay for the upgrade - as much as a regular DAW software costs today.

yes, me too. Studio One 2 is lovely, but I had more fun with the big T. Jules, I don't know what's happening behind the scenes but feel free to code a new DAW with whatever name you like. Give it Tracktion's workflow and feel, tell everyone on here about it. Instant sales will result, net KVR happiness will increase, cats will prevail over dogs, world peace etc etc.

New T maybe? I predict the marketplace may start filling up with unloved ex-DAWs...
11, 418th in line to the KVR throne

danbroad wrote:
mfkne wrote:

yes, me too. Studio One 2 is lovely, but I had more fun with the big T. Jules, I don't know what's happening behind the scenes but feel free to code a new DAW with whatever name you like. Give it Tracktion's workflow and feel, tell everyone on here about it. Instant sales will result, net KVR happiness will increase, cats will prevail over dogs, world peace etc etc.

New T maybe? I predict the marketplace may start filling up with unloved ex-DAWs...

:hihi:

I absolutely love T3. Works flawlessly on my XP machine.
I would love to see a T comeback!

My last album was completely recorded, mixed, and mastered in T3.
Here you can listen to some tracks.

http://soundcloud.com/alejandrozalaquett/aeropuerto
http://soundcloud.com/alejandrozalaquet ... iero-vivir
http://soundcloud.com/alejandrozalaquett/silencio
Alejandro Zalaquett
http://alejandrozalaquett.bandcamp.com

Macbook Pro Retina 15’, Late 2013

sounds good..

today i mailed with jules and asked him about tracktion development and that i hope he will present the new version at NAMM....

his answer: Thanks...! Don't worry, things are underway..

no idea if he got tracktion back or does something completely new. but...
sounds damn good, I think. and a bit more concrete.

cannot await Jan., 24th 2013.

tracktion rules!

mfkne wrote:

his answer: Thanks...! Don't worry, things are underway..
:wheee: :hyper:
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero

bk wrote:
GaryG wrote:Hee, I only joined KVR becuase that's where the Tracktion forum was... :hihi:
Same here!
and here too!
bk wrote: At the time I used n-track (yes, n-track: a buggy piece of garbage, where you spent more time waiting for your computer to reboot from a fatal crash than you did actually making music!):oops: :(
One of the regulars at the n-track forum started going on and on about Tracktion, so I had a peek. Was hooked from the first demo.
Same here. To be more specific, it was Robert Randolph - aka *Waveman92k" aka ..... well, I can't remember his other aliases right now - in my case.

Curiously enough, just today I was thinking about Tracktion&Jules, only to find this thread.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

This thread should be renamed to "The old-school Tracktioneers reunion thread".

:D
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

mcnelson wrote:This thread should be renamed to "The old-school Tracktioneers reunion thread".

:D
:hihi:

Return to “Tracktion”