Next update...

Official support for: accsone.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ChiTown24 wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
ChiTown24 wrote:hi Sampleconstruct,
I'd really appreciate if you didn't spam this thread with de facto advertisements for your soundsets. If you like - please start a thread dedicated to such demos, and link to it once from here.
unless you somehow got moderator status, perhaps you should leave the assertions about what other people should and shouldn't do to them.

if you're concerned that Simon is breaking KVR rules, the acceptable procedure would generally be reporting it to a moderator. Instead you're clogging up the thread with something of far less interest to those of us who are interested in the tool than someone's actual musical output with it.
you wouldn't be arguing for the sake of it white rabbit ? that would be so unlike you!

I made a simple, personal, request to Simon. he asked me to substantiate. I did. Case closed. And right on cue - the white rabbit enters to stick his oar in. Though it's interesting to note that you didn't say I was wrong, but that because I'm not a mod it's not a 'binding' request. I know that. Thanks for the reminder.

Not interested in having a semantic tussle with you today mate. find some other mug. if you aren't just arguing for the sake of it, I suggest dropping it and letting the thread get back to scheduled broadcasting.
Dude you need to chill, I thought I was uptight!!
Whyterabbyt is a long serving member, eloquent and knowledgeable to boot.
You are quite the opposite lol
Amazon: why not use an alternative

whyterabbyt wrote:
I'd really appreciate if you didn't spam this thread with de facto advertisements for your soundsets. If you like - please start a thread dedicated to such demos, and link to it once from here.
unless you somehow got moderator status, perhaps you should leave the assertions about what other people should and shouldn't do to them.
What he said.

ChiTown24 wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
It's not spam and it's not an advertisement - you seem to be in a really bad mood today, please don't blame me for that - I'm just posting an experiment with crusherX 4, not mentioning any product of mine nor posting any links.
So what's your problem?
Well, I said de facto advertisement. You have a terrible habit of spamming certain popular threads {mostly product announcement} with these ''demos''. The usual routine is you purchase/update straight away and start dumping the demos. Half the time this ends up in a commercial soundset. By all means plug your wares, or "share your demos", but please just start creating dedicated threads for such purpose - and link to that thread ONCE from the originating [e.g. product announcement] thread. The fact that you ultimately profit from this behaviour only makes the distraction all the more insulting. Basically it's the aural equivalent of taking out a giant set of sparkly keys in the middle of a group discussion and shouting "LOOK AT THE SHINEY SHINEY!" ...and right now I've got a vested interest in other aspects of this upgrade, so if you don't mind just use a dedicated thread for your demos and link to it from here. For example I've completely written off the Izotope Iris thread. Might as well be retitled 'Patchpool Soundsets'.

I was very interested in your other posts about how the new features worked, and what their shortcomings were. That was invaluable and I thank you for that!

The assumption that I only post demos in those threads to boost my sales and increase my profits is simply wrong. Besides being a sounddesigner who sells sounds and samples I'm also a normal KVR-user who sometimes excessively tries to share his enthusiasm about a certain product with other sound seekers. You could just mute me to avoid seeing my posts if you're really that offended by "my behaviour" - be and let be...

----

All of this has nothing to do with the release of crusherX 4 and I would be happy to see Jörg/the dev around here to make some comments on the posts I made earlier in this thread concerning the new features (and bugs/problems).
Last edited by Sampleconstruct on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Do you send out an email when there is a new version available?
If so, I didn't get one.

[ I purchased Crusher X last year ]

Is the 79 euro a time limited intro price for new customers?

I understand that sometimes prices need to be dropped to increase sales.

69 euro upgrade fee, for a plugin that can be bought new for 79 Euro does sting a bit for older customers that paid full pop.

If you look at it from a customer point of view, I am sure you can understand.

Right now a new customer can buy the latest and greatest version at around 1/3 the price we paid. Our upgrade is $10 less than new. This is around 90 percent of new cost.

Usually upgrades are 50 percent the cost of new at most. [ even that amount gets most customers screaming ]

If the $79 price is a limited time intro price for new customers and the price will go back up at some later date, this makes perfect sense.

ChiTown24 wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
It's not spam and it's not an advertisement - you seem to be in a really bad mood today, please don't blame me for that - I'm just posting an experiment with crusherX 4, not mentioning any product of mine nor posting any links.
So what's your problem?
Well, I said de facto advertisement. You have a terrible habit of spamming certain popular threads {mostly product announcement} with these ''demos''. The usual routine is you purchase/update straight away and start dumping the demos. Half the time this ends up in a commercial soundset. By all means plug your wares, or "share your demos", but please just start creating dedicated threads for such purpose - and link to that thread ONCE from the originating [e.g. product announcement] thread.
This is just bullshit and how dare you try and stop Simon from posting his very welcome demonstrations of some of the musical possibilities available with numerous synths and effects. You do not speak for me or the forum and I hope Simon does not stop doing what he does - I for one find his tracks inspiring and many people have begged him to create soundbanks etc based on his creativity, he certainly does not set out from a commercial angle as you wrongly state.

Sampleconstruct wrote:There is a bug in v 4:
When trying to save the Vapor Buffer to .wav it always saves to aiff - I tried several times, no luck. As I never use aiff this would be helpful if it worked.

EDIT: And when listening to the files that were save from the Buffer they sound nothing like the sounds I heard when saving - it's mostly the unprocessed audio before it even hit crusher with some strange artifacts included.

I see the saved vapor files are 32 Bit - where can I change the defaut format - I can't use 32 Bit Audio in my DAWs.
This bug is known and can be workaround by just add ".wav" extension to file name in the save dialog. The decision of the file format is done by the extension and we have to rework that, sure.

Regarding saving the buffer and file format: I see that the use case of that save buffer feature is not clear. What we had in mind is the following:

You start do live crushering and at a certain point you decide to switch to manual trigger mode by releasing the Auto button in the trigger panel. Ok, from now on you are "offline" and the grains are generated out of the fixed, no floating buffer. Maybe you are so satisfied with the result you hear (while modulating or playing modulations on the keyboard) that you want to freeze that patch. This is the moment you press save on the vapor panel. The buffer is dumped to the file and you can reload it and save your patch. Done.

To run this usecase it is not necessary to use the file in a DAW (sure, you can do it but it does not feature the intended usecase). Your DAW is perfect for recording the sound you hear, right? So use the DAW for this normal recordings.

Why the saved file is 32bit floating format? The vapor buffer needs headroom, much headroom. Just think about the headroom needed if you added feedback.... A 16bit format would not hold the information needed for reproducing the buffer situation.

What area of the buffer is saved? There has to be a decision what area of the buffer is needed to save. The buffer size is flexible and has a limit on the Delay max offset + Delay max depth modulation + Length max offset + Length max depth modulation. This is quite big and no one wants to store the whole buffer to disk. For that we build in an "intelligent" mechanism that decides what part of the buffer has to be saved with the current patch. So on loading the buffer back, it is ensured that the sound you need for reproducing the patch is captured. In general the rule is: The more Delay offset/modulation plus the longer the Length offset/modulation the larger the file is.

Hope that clarified our Approach a bit - I know the crusher is a bit academic ;-) But, hey that is the brain twirl you and me may like (or not).

Have fun with the new tool, and additional I hope that the other pricing and "spamming" chit chats will end up in a creative discussion about how we want to see the world and tools changing towards a new music creation style.

:harp:

Best
Jörg

freq wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:There is a bug in v 4:
When trying to save the Vapor Buffer to .wav it always saves to aiff - I tried several times, no luck. As I never use aiff this would be helpful if it worked.

EDIT: And when listening to the files that were save from the Buffer they sound nothing like the sounds I heard when saving - it's mostly the unprocessed audio before it even hit crusher with some strange artifacts included.

I see the saved vapor files are 32 Bit - where can I change the defaut format - I can't use 32 Bit Audio in my DAWs.
This bug is known and can be workaround by just add ".wav" extension to file name in the save dialog. The decision of the file format is done by the extension and we have to rework that, sure.

Regarding saving the buffer and file format: I see that the use case of that save buffer feature is not clear. What we had in mind is the following:

You start do live crushering and at a certain point you decide to switch to manual trigger mode by releasing the Auto button in the trigger panel. Ok, from now on you are "offline" and the grains are generated out of the fixed, no floating buffer. Maybe you are so satisfied with the result you hear (while modulating or playing modulations on the keyboard) that you want to freeze that patch. This is the moment you press save on the vapor panel. The buffer is dumped to the file and you can reload it and save your patch. Done.

To run this usecase it is not necessary to use the file in a DAW (sure, you can do it but it does not feature the intended usecase). Your DAW is perfect for recording the sound you hear, right? So use the DAW for this normal recordings.

Why the saved file is 32bit floating format? The vapor buffer needs headroom, much headroom. Just think about the headroom needed if you added feedback.... A 16bit format would not hold the information needed for reproducing the buffer situation.

What area of the buffer is saved? There has to be a decision what area of the buffer is needed to save. The buffer size is flexible and has a limit on the Delay max offset + Delay max depth modulation + Length max offset + Length max depth modulation. This is quite big and no one wants to store the whole buffer to disk. For that we build in an "intelligent" mechanism that decides what part of the buffer has to be saved with the current patch. So on loading the buffer back, it is ensured that the sound you need for reproducing the patch is captured. In general the rule is: The more Delay offset/modulation plus the longer the Length offset/modulation the larger the file is.

Hope that clarified our Approach a bit - I know the crusher is a bit academic ;-) But, hey that is the brain twirl you and me may like (or not).

Have fun with the new tool, and additional I hope that the other pricing and "spamming" chit chats will end up in a creative discussion about how we want to see the world and tools changing towards a new music creation style.

:harp:

Best
Jörg
Thank's for clarifying, Jörg - I have now understood how to use the new features. It's great to have crusherX available as a sample mangler now, this opens many new creative doors for live and studio work.

Neon Breath wrote:Beside the new audio file loaded into the vapor buffer feature, what are the other new improvements? Is there a complete list somewhere of what have been implemented & integrated for this major update?
The history gives an overview about the recent changes:

http://www.accsone.com/content/blogcate ... g,english/

Best
Jörg

freq wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:Beside the new audio file loaded into the vapor buffer feature, what are the other new improvements? Is there a complete list somewhere of what have been implemented & integrated for this major update?
The history gives an overview about the recent changes:

http://www.accsone.com/content/blogcate ... g,english/

Best
Jörg
Thanks!

@amused;; you are allowing your fanaticism to show. I didn't ask him to stop posting 'demos'. far from it. I simply requested that he consolidate those demos in a dedicated thread linked to from the originating thread that 'inspired' the 'demos'. It's just basic organisation, it keeps the product announcement {or whatever} threads a little more on track than just ending up hijacked by cooing & gushing over the {inordinate amount of} interesting soundscapes from the same {coincidentally commercial} poster while some other poor chump, perhaps a non-frequent poster, is trying to get some momentum behind his feature request / bug report or whatever. if you, and simon, and whoever, are genuine I can't imagine why you would object to a tad bit more organisation that will, ultimately, benefit everyone. what better than a thread full of demos, dedicated to the discussion of said demos and the author of said demos. for those who truly & honestly appreciate the demos for what they are supposed to be I would have thought that would be an awesome suggestion. Why would you so aggressively object to a politely put, brief request to consolidate this stuff into one thread ? It's not a request borne out of thin air btw. I don't want to get into posting examples but it's possible.

@sampleconstruct;; pretty much just read above

@G&E;; +1, and I admire your restraint

@freq;; please address my misgivings about your upgrade fee with a meaningful reply. I see you deleted my rather more detailed summation of your business ethics in your other, stickied, announcement thread. fair enough, if that's your prerogative, but I would like to see you address the logic, reasoning...and if I may be so bold - justification for charging such an obscene upgrade price to your mac users specifically. I mean, the PC upgrade price is no picnic either, but for some reason OSX gets the triple-quadruple shaft. You have what I would refer to as a neck like a brass giraffe.

Sampleconstruct wrote:Testing crusherX 4 Mac with a sample of bouncing a drumstick on a guitar string - all Midi notes played via qwert-keys on my Macbook, automating the Highpass Filter inside crusherX in Logic:
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/g ... crusherx-4
Yes - an interesting use case - running the Grain Filters Modulation on MIDI. Seems that you prefer the slow grain generation - as in your video demo. With the tuning feature melodic cascades are derived. For me this is an interesting edge case of granular synthesis that is usally know for creating massive sound walls.

Best
Jörg

G&E wrote:Do you send out an email when there is a new version available?
If so, I didn't get one.

69 euro upgrade fee, for a plugin that can be bought new for 79 Euro does sting a bit for older customers that paid full pop.

Right now a new customer can buy the latest and greatest version at around 1/3 the price we paid. Our upgrade is $10 less than new. This is around 90 percent of new cost.

Usually upgrades are 50 percent the cost of new at most. [ even that amount gets most customers screaming ]

If the $79 price is a limited time intro price for new customers and the price will go back up at some later date, this makes perfect sense.
any reason you're ignoring this individual ?

I mean, I can see how it's easy to censor {deleting my fairly concise, plainly put summation of your [osx] upgrade prices in your announcement sticky} & ignore {i asked a relatively popular & genial guy not to spam this thread. something that can easily be misconstrued as the action of an inherently confrontational individual} me. but why are you ignoring this guy ? considering how hard you are proposing to shaft him on the upgrade fee, I think you should be genuflecting in his virtual presence for all the optimism and benefit of the doubt he is willing to bestow upon you. at least fobbing him off with some kind of scripted nicety seems the least you could do, but outright ignoring him ?

Classy.

G&E wrote:Do you send out an email when there is a new version available?
If so, I didn't get one.

If you like to be informed per mail, please subscribe to the accSone Newsletter: http://www.accsone.com/component/option ... g,english/

The 79€ pricing is time limited to spread the crusher idea a bit more to the public.

We provide users with regular updates on their versions for free. This is the first time since 2 years that we charge for a crusherX-Mac! upgrade. The maintenance of the Mac version costs us significant more development efforts than the PC version but we decided to continue and bet on the mac version for the future. A balanced pricing that matches the needs of the users and the developers is a difficult task and I'm pretty sure that our pricing isn't the last word of wisdom. But until now it helps us to survive not too bad (accSone is on market since 1997). Be sure that we seriously listen to the comments and feedback from our customers and ongoing observe the business results. So prices subject to change….

Best
Jörg

Thanks Jörg for the continuing Mac development and updates ;-) I must have missed/lost the update notice so only getting on it now. Look forward to checking out the new features!

...and thanks Simon for the examples and continued input...your professional opinions, critiques, tests, and demos are always insightful and an inspiration :D
Chris R Gibson ( a.k.a. Loopy C )
https://soundcloud.com/loopy-c

Return to “accSone”