[Updated]"In the face of it" - new track by dysamoria (finally some productivity with my music gear)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

First time i've made completely new music in years. Includes my voice and some live instrumentation. It's slow building, uses the same general format all the way through, but isn't ambient, dance or insect noises. It could stand to be slightly shorter, though i wanted to share it and GO TO BED without doing more tweaking. i'm satisfied with myself today.

Opinions welcome :-)

[EDIT] http://soundcloud.com/dysamoria/in-the- ... 12-03-2012

[the old one missing the drums is still here: http://soundcloud.com/dysamoria/in-the- ... 11-27-2012 Any idea why Logic would choose to drop a set of tracks out of a bounce or not bounce from and to the ranges set in the bounce window?]
Last edited by Jace-BeOS on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

...yeah man...I likey...I could totally hear this on Groove Salad Internet radio? Has some refreshingly delightful flavas going on....fresh and crunchy...

Sweet!:)

Thank you :-) It's especially gratifying to know when someone enjoys listening to something I've made when that person isn't myself :hihi:
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Good stuff with a nice drone-y, psychedelic vibe. Refreshingly different. No need to shorten it. I might make the vox a touch louder and the distorted guitar a touch quieter.

this is refreshingly raw , and I quite enjoyed it ...
I must say though , it does seem a tad long , and in need of an edit ...
it's a very good track now ... somewhere inside it is an excellent track ...

FrantzM: I know the distorted guitar sound is over the top. My musical composition history is full of too-polite sounding music and if I've learned anything from my musical heroes, it's to push the boundaries of what's tasteful and comfortable. So, yes, you're right, but I'm aiming for it. Over time I might figure out how to push it to the right degree without stepping too far over the line :-D I think I suffer a little of the "overcompensation for the public opinion of synth music as wussy" as well :hihi:

Normal: Yes to it being too long. I'll either shorten it a few measures here and there, or introduce more sound variation/vocals where the same thing drags on too long. Any suggested sounds? :-) Or do you mean it's too long just in general for individual song length? I tend to like long musical pieces that evolve overtime, which is funny because this piece out-lasts my typical output by three times. Most of my existing music is long at 2:15. I've made a pile of film cues, rather than an album worth of music. :oops:

Thank you both for the kind and constructive feedback, and thank you all for lending me your time listening. :-)
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote:So, yes, you're right, but I'm aiming for it.
In that case, leave it loud. It provides a bit of a kick when the listener might get complacent.

I still think the length is fine. It held my interest all the way through.

First listen it felt long, but I think that was just because it was near bedtime. Listening again after sleeping I could go either way on that, but in any case it didn't overstay its welcome. Nice work. I enjoyed it. Thanks.
No longer a moderator.

D.H. Miltz wrote:First listen it felt long, but I think that was just because it was near bedtime. Listening again after sleeping I could go either way on that, but in any case it didn't overstay its welcome. Nice work. I enjoyed it. Thanks.
Thanks for listening and commenting. I've kept myself away from it the last day or so to be a more "fresh" listener when I do. The comments here are valuable :-) I appreciate the feeling of things seeming longer or shorter depending on tiredness :hihi:
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Embarrassingly... i did not listen through my output (because i did it over and over and over to get Logic to start at the beginning instead of two measures in!). So i just listened through with a friend and heard that...

The drums are missing!

[EDIT: i edited the links in the original post so the corrected version is present now]

Does anyone know why BFD2 or Logic would just decide NOT to include tracks in a bounce??? i have had no trouble with Logic except for bouncing final output.

Anyone??
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Return to “Music Cafe”