Got a new pooter

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, I just had to see what it could do, so got to work with some of my fave sounds. Of course, as usual, the music took over and told me what to do, so I still don't know what this beast capable of. In fact I'm sure that when I'd finished recording this I could just about hear it sniggering to itself.

In fact, the whole thing is a bit of a... Mystery
ogg or mp3

For those that like to know such things, the key is C#m - no, I don't know why I chose that either.
BPM is 'a handfull every so often'.
All the synth parts are a single instance of yoshimi.
Guitar is my Squier Tele.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Lovely. The synths sound lush and polished, and the guitar sounds provide a fleeting glimpse into the psyche of the axeman whose Linux runneth smoothly. Great late night melodic tonic.

Good work :)

Very pretty. For some reason the phrase dark lady came to mind while I was listening. Make of that what you will. Thanks, folderol.
No longer a moderator.

Short and sweet. :)

Beautiful piece, folderol.
Blue Phase Music

Thank you all for listening, and commenting.

Hmmm. 'Dark Lady' 8)
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

sounds good. the guitar and synth sound to be 'fully integrated' with one another.

so, are you perchance going to nickname your computer, 'dark lady'?

I love that lead. It reminds me of some of the haunting score from the older Final Fantasy games.

Nice 8)

mrblitz wrote:sounds good. the guitar and synth sound to be 'fully integrated' with one another.

so, are you perchance going to nickname your computer, 'dark lady'?
Thanks - Dark Lady it is!

Her spec:

MBO - ASUS® F2A55-M LE
CPU - AMD A8-5600K Quad Core APU (3.6GHz) & Radeon™ HD 7560D Graphics
+ 22dBA Triple Copper Heatpipe
MEM - 4GB SAMSUNG DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz
SDA - 120GB INTEL® 330 SERIES SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s
SDB - 180GB INTEL® 330 SERIES SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s
DVD - 24x Dual Layer Writer
PSU - Crusade 450W Quiet 80 PLUS Dual Rail + 120mm Fan
BOX - COOLERMASTER SILENCIO 550 QUIET MID TOWER
Total cost 524 ukp

OS - Linux debian 'squeeze'

Already had...
22in LED widescreen monitor
Standard keyboard and optical mouse
tehlord wrote:I love that lead. It reminds me of some of the haunting score from the older Final Fantasy games.

Nice 8)
Thank you. Much appreciated. That sound is one I'll have be careful with. it is so easy to over-use something like that!
Hmmm. Think maybe I'll toddle across to that 'other' place with this :)

Got another "other" place for you to post this, though it's mostly KVR users so far. :tu:
Blue Phase Music

folderol wrote:Got a new pooter
Rectal transplant?
dictionary.com wrote:poot definition

in.
to break wind; to fart.
:hihi:

C#m. No wonder it sounds classical. Lovely sounds. (and a new 'pooter how exciting!)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

no, I don't know why I chose that either.
Do you 'chose' your keys?
Everytime i start writing something I imediately feel what note I want as the tonic/base. Is that odd?

On a side note: the feel is extraordinary...wow. How did you do this? p: I'd like a slice of them flutes haha.

But the composition is awesome too...

Thanks again people.
@Jesse
I normally actually play in C,G,F or their relative minors, but then fairly early in the development process flick through transpositions to see if any sound better suited. This is especially easy to do with yoshimi as I'm still playing in an easy key.

I find making such key changes often changes the mood, and therefore, the way I play.

Key changes can be very helpful to break out of old patterns. I should do this more often.

folderol wrote:All the synth parts are a single instance of yoshimi.
Guitar is my Squier Tele.
Can you tell me what software you used besides Yoshimi? Sequencer? Mastering? Effects?

Return to “Music Cafe”