Tracktion's future...?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i started on tracktion 2 when i was 14. now i am 20 and still using the same software. tracktion does what it is supposed to do. i will also be in line to purchase t4 if that happens.

seriously, i was concerned that when tracktion finally won't run anymore on whatever windows version kills it, where would i go? really, learning curves are a part of the music industry. we all have to adjust whether we like it or not, BUT composing musicians must have a software that is able to be launched and working within seconds or else the idea fades away. with tracktion, i click, choose my instrument, and record. 8)

jules wrote:I also just want to say that although you may have heard rumours about things being afoot, I can neither confirm nor deny anything at the moment... :)
Good to hear that there might be some development happening. I moved to Studio One a few months back. I do however much prefer Tracktion to work with - I am so much more productive. To come back to Tracktion however, I would need to see something like Studio One's "audio bend" and audio quantising features. Having tasted, I could not do without those features...

Fingers crossed. Even the possibility has saved me money. I thought of springing for Protools, but no way I would do that now till after January. Welcome back Jules!

I wasn't too hopeful about the possibilities until I saw this post. I've moved on (mostly) too Reaper, though Tracktion is still ticking on my lappy. My friends have to hear me moan about the demise of the greatest DAW ever to have existed at the hands of Mackie every time we get together for musical purposes.

Now this is too much to hope for. There appears to be some sort of salty fluid leaking from my eyes...
hijacking your fiction
allthisismeaningless.com

Yeah buddy!!! If all this talk pans out to be legit, I'll be first in line. I'm still using T2 on my XP machine, and although I have tried a few other DAWS, I haven't been able to convince myself to shell out $$$ for a different program. Whether T4 is coming, or a new program based on the principles of T, I can only see good things coming from this.........

Tracktion 4 Properties is rumored to include the following:

< > Click to enable swoopy, bendy, entrancingly magnetic arrows.
todd sweetland wrote:In months to come we'll either be confirmed or denied " The Bendy Arrows ." Come on you know you want some Bendy Arrows , every host should have Bendy Arrows !!!! :P
Music is something you DO. Spend time, not money.
http://www.myspace.com/skipkent
http://soundcloud.com/skipkent

Must say this thread has put a goofy smile on my face at the end of a fairly grotty day, just when I needed it!

:oops: :) :oops:

And now suddenly the printer I've been troubleshooting all day has started working. Ominous powers are clearly at work! It's not raining birds (or rodents) from the sky just yet, but if it does it wouldn't suprise me a bit.

Must be a '2012' thing.

Hey, has anyone thought of stirring IIRs from his cryogenic slumber? The Nostromo is about to land!

Does anyone know anything about the tracktionsoftware.com domain registered this year to an audio marketing company called Audio Agent?

They don't seem to have any direct link to Mackie, but they do work with 3dB Creative, who've done graphics for Mackie as well as for Desolation Sound, who've also done work for Mackie, including the GUIs for the Acuma Labs plugins that come with... Tracktion.

Hmm...
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

pough wrote:Does anyone know anything about the tracktionsoftware.com domain registered this year to an audio marketing company called Audio Agent?

They don't seem to have any direct link to Mackie, but they do work with 3dB Creative, who've done graphics for Mackie as well as for Desolation Sound, who've also done work for Mackie, including the GUIs for the Acuma Labs plugins that come with... Tracktion.

Hmm...
Curiouser and curiouser. The plot thickens…

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

pough wrote: They don't seem to have any direct link to Mackie, but...
3dB creative and audio agent are both based in Woodinville, WA...same place as Mackie... :shrug:

edit: Audio Agent and 3dB Creative actually have the same address.

bk wrote:
pough wrote: They don't seem to have any direct link to Mackie, but...
3dB creative and audio agent are both based in Woodinville, WA...same place as Mackie... :shrug:

edit: Audio Agent and 3dB Creative actually have the same address.

I wonder if we'll ever see a Babya Tracktion.....

Very curious about this
Duh

Now that I've thought about it some more, it's possible that Mackie will still own Tracktion, but now they've decided to have it developed by others. It'd move out only slightly from under the direct Mackie banner. Takes a load off Mackie while still holding on to the product, if a little more loosely (like less development money, but shared profits).

I think this for two reasons:

1. A company's not as likely as an individual developer to let something go if they don't have to.

2. This "customers get no information" policy is very Mackie. I'm not saying that any company has an obligation to let its customers know anything, just that I end up respecting a tight-lipped company exactly as much as it respects me. I wouldn't touch Tracktion with a million-foot pole if it hadn't been started by Jules. :shrug:
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Jules, it's good to see you here. Happy holidays. I'm another avid supporter, and I look forward to any project you might be working on.

Cheers.

Return to “Tracktion”