Below Zero

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is another soundtrack style track. It was made only using Evolve. Snowy landscapes were in my mind here (in a sci-fi way). Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

http://soundcloud.com/shangsean/below-zero

http://k003.kiwi6.com/hotlink/jxeht8u92r/below_zero.mp3

Nice piece. I love the sound at the very beginning. It sounds like a Strat through a tape-reverse effect, but isn't. Definitely fits the bill for a chase scene in a hi-tech OST. Great sounds all the way through.

Good work :)

sounds like i'm inside a video game... lurking to shoot ppl... :D

i like the second half, better.
== VDX == One Man can make a difference!
My music is on https://soundcloud.com/vdxi | Info | More Info

Thanks a lot for the comments. Both scenarios work for me.

Thanks again.

I also preferred the second part which would be great for a movie chase scene. I wanted the second part to go on longer and develop but it ended fairly quickly.

Thanks for the feedback.

I might have to look at developing it more. It'd be a good project to have.

Thanks again.

Ooh, I like this! Way too short, though!
Blue Phase Music

I'm getting the chills just listening....cooooooooooooooool.....

...nice theatrics.....:)

Well done. Would definitely go with snowy landscapes. I like the first part better, but I enjoyed it all. Thanks.
No longer a moderator.

Thanks.

It's nice to hear the varied opinions on the different sections. It does make me want to expand on it.

Shangsean: This music is awesome. This is exactly what I look for in music to listen to. The structure, the melody, and the sound design are all where I like to live, musically. It also is similar to what I try to create in my own work.

Critiques: The only sound I didn't have a positive feeling about was the higher pitched, mild-volumed, panned left/right, filter sweep synthy thingy in the first half (the slightly different one in the second half was fine). But it doesn't hurt the piece. It's just not cohesive with the rest in terms of my personal taste in sounds. I also think the distortion on the chords midway through could be more aggressive and less smooth, but that is again my own personal bias. I have been "learning to push it" in my own work, so I may be projecting a bit.

I enjoyed this piece and would readily listen to more by you because of it :-) Thanks for sharing your work!
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

PS: good music for games or film. I thought of Star Craft (the original) Zerg music and a little of Dune Emperor's Ordos music (by jarrid mendleson). These are positive connotations, how I group what I like internally, and not suggesting you are at all derivative!
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

I just listened to more of your stuff and I like your taste in sounds and structure overall. If you're not currently working in scoring/soundtracks, you sound right for it :-)
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Thanks for taking the time to listen to my tracks. Thanks for the helpful feedback too.

Would love to be working in scoring, but I'm not. I appreciate the fact that you mentioned it, because that's certainly something I'd love to be involved in at some stage.

Thanks again!

Return to “Music Cafe”