The Linuxer's Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

I'd like to start a topic for music made on Linux systems.

I use Rosegarden as my DAW, Fluidsynth and Whysynth as synth plugins (DSSI). Plugins give me better timing and simpler storing my sessions. Mastering is done with Jamin, audio stuff is processed with Audacity.

I start with a Pop song "Regentag" (rainy day) with female vocals:
http://suedwestlicht.saar.de/musik/sued ... gentag.mp3
(mp3, 256 kBit/s, 4:10 min, 8 MB)

Regards
Holger

bluebell wrote:Hi all,

I'd like to start a topic for music made on Linux systems.

I use Rosegarden as my DAW, Fluidsynth and Whysynth as synth plugins (DSSI). Plugins give me better timing and simpler storing my sessions. Mastering is done with Jamin, audio stuff is processed with Audacity.

I start with a Pop song "Regentag" (rainy day) with female vocals:
http://suedwestlicht.saar.de/musik/sued ... gentag.mp3
(mp3, 256 kBit/s, 4:10 min, 8 MB)

Regards
Holger
:)

Very nice Holger. Excellent production values. It catches a real mood.

very nice tune, I wasn't expecting german singing!

Very enjoyable. It combines "sparse" and "full" sounds and the end result is a great pop song, reminiscent of Kraftwerk and early DM. I liked the mix too.

Good work :)

Enjoyed this. The singing was a surprise, but fits. I like the was the bass and kick sort of interleave :tu:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

folderol wrote:Enjoyed this. The singing was a surprise, but fits. I like the was the bass and kick sort of interleave :tu:
I dreamt the rhythm in the early morning hours. I got up and programmed kick, snare and triangle before I could forget it :hihi:

bluebell wrote:
folderol wrote:Enjoyed this. The singing was a surprise, but fits. I like the was the bass and kick sort of interleave :tu:
I dreamt the rhythm in the early morning hours. I got up and programmed kick, snare and triangle before I could forget it :hihi:
Happens to me a lot... I'm just worried that one day my subconscious might decide to sue me for copyright infringement :-o
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

I hope I am not the only Linuxer. I'd like to encourage every Linuxer to post his/her "made with Linux"-stuff in this thread/topic :wink:

bluebell wrote:I hope I am not the only Linuxer. I'd like to encourage every Linuxer to post his/her "made with Linux"-stuff in this thread/topic :wink:
{ahem} 'Got a new pooter' :P

folderol wrote:
bluebell wrote:I hope I am not the only Linuxer. I'd like to encourage every Linuxer to post his/her "made with Linux"-stuff in this thread/topic :wink:
Uuuh, yes :oops:

I enjoyed this. Thanks, bluebell.
No longer a moderator.

bluebell wrote:
folderol wrote:
Uuuh, yes :oops:
Unfortunately we are rather in a minority here, and as you've probably seen, posts in the cafe rapidly disappear off the front page :(

Also, I don't think there are enough of us to ask for a sticky, so all we can do is to just keep on posting the best new music we can manage.

OK, so here the next song to keep that topic alive. A pop song with female vocals (yes! female! hope it hilights!). Not too fast, not too slow. With a story about things that get old and unnoticed, e.g. love :)

http://suedwestlicht.saar.de/musik/sued ... erwort.mp3

mp3, 256 kBit, 8MB, made of healthy an recycled bits with Rosegarden, Fluidsynth, Audacity and Jamin on ... SURPRISE! ... Linux!

bluebell wrote:OK, so here the next song to keep that topic alive. A pop song with female vocals (yes! female! hope it hilights!). Not too fast, not too slow. With a story about things that get old and unnoticed, e.g. love :)

http://suedwestlicht.saar.de/musik/sued ... erwort.mp3

mp3, 256 kBit, 8MB, made of healthy an recycled bits with Rosegarden, Fluidsynth, Audacity and Jamin on ... SURPRISE! ... Linux!
Very strange. The song isn't found/listed by the music tracker.

bluebell wrote:Very strange. The song isn't found/listed by the music tracker.
The tracker only looks at the first post in a given thread, and it only looks once, I think.
No longer a moderator.

Return to “Music Cafe”