Automating minispillage with renoise?

Official support for: audiospillage.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just quickly tried automating minispillage with renoise by adding an "instr MIDI control" , but was unable to get it to change anything. Ideas? If anyone could upload a renoise file with automation for 1 parameter, I bet I could figure out the rest from there.

Cheers.

jonahs wrote:I just quickly tried automating minispillage with renoise by adding an "instr MIDI control" , but was unable to get it to change anything. Ideas? If anyone could upload a renoise file with automation for 1 parameter, I bet I could figure out the rest from there.

Cheers.
MiniSpillage doesn't respond internally to any MIDI controller messages. It relies on the host's ability to map CC messages to plugin parameters. Not sure how Renoise fits into that approach? Is that what an "instr MIDI control" does?

AudioSpillage

Thanks. I'm not very well versed on using renoise to handle plugins. All I remember now is that the opposite type of automation as I originally tried worked. :oops:

how to trigger minispillage in renoise?

snowball wrote:how to trigger minispillage in renoise?
Hi, MiniSpillage pads will respond to MIDI notes C1, C#1 and D1. You can also customise the exact MIDI key settings.

AudioSpillage

hi, it's not responding to c1, c#1 and d1 and also to custom set midi keys. sound comes just when pads are clicked. . i'm using minispillage 1.3 and renoise 2.8

There are two automation devices in Renoise - one for midi automation and one for vst parameter automation. Don't have minispillage, but if you want to automate vsti parameters and not midi cc's (or pitch bend or aftertouch) you should use Instr. Automation device and just select the parameters you want to automate.

snowball wrote:hi, it's not responding to c1, c#1 and d1 and also to custom set midi keys. sound comes just when pads are clicked. . i'm using minispillage 1.3 and renoise 2.8
I'll take a look at this. It should be working fine. Is there some way in Renoise to set the plugin MIDI source? Are other plugins working OK?

figured out it's working, just triggers with 2 octaves higher midi notes. for example if it's set to c-3, then triggers with c-5.

snowball wrote:figured out it's working, just triggers with 2 octaves higher midi notes. for example if it's set to c-3, then triggers with c-5.
Great. Maybe Renoise has an option to set the default C1 position?

Return to “AudioSpillage”