sifft not working?

Official support for: xoxos
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi xoxos,

i thought i'd try the dc entries, now i'm at sifft, but for the love of my life, i can't get it to do _anything_ at all exept silence. once a short sample is loaded via "file", shouldn't it output sound as soon as one plays a key/midinote?
i tried in energy 1.4, energyXT and studio one pro with different drumsamples, all relatively short (maximum lenght think 909 snare), same issue, just blank silence. i'm on a 32bit win xp pro, service pack3... :?
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

the only thing i can think of is perhaps the samples have loop points or something in the headers.. the file opener is only coded to deal with elementary headers.

it opens all the samples i have, but these are all ~pre 2005 and none of them are from commercial packs that might have standardised information.

but - if it makes no noise, this means it didn't load the file for some reason.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

hmm... no... at least one sample i tried to load is a sample i took out of a vocal recording of which i had to make a remix of in 1994. and that for sure has no loop info, is 16bit mono wav and half a second long...
is there an idication whatsoever on the gui, as soon as the sample is loaded? cos to me it looks like as you assumed - that the sample is actually not getting loaded at all...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

there's no indicator on the gui, i try to keep gui from using any cpu.

press button, select file, trigger note, hear sound. simple and reliable from here. if that's not happening, something i am not able to discern is amiss :p
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

It's not working for me either. Load the sample, play note, then nothing.

os, hosts?

FL studio and vista 64-bit

looking for continuity here, if anyone else wants to report their os and host issues.

No issues winXP sp3/bidule 0.927
Musica Ex Machina: "I am all bionic except my voice"

probably host related, maybe in some cases i should ask for "host, os, employer" :hihi:

trust me, all those moving parts in there were coded by me. they're pretty nuts and bolts, so to speak ...

i open a file with
fopen(filename, "rb");

there's not a lot of complexity to it. as far as i see.. possible reasons could be.. host is appending or otherwise disrupting filename path, which would require the host coder to have taken a cavalier approach that would elicit itself elsewhere.. or samples containing unusual headers.. i'm not profit oriented enough to address all the possibilities for coding wav headers (where cavalierism predominates) so while i am happy to collate host reports for those who are interested in making decisions based on reports, i'm not sweating it a whole lot because i can see the part where it says fopen(filename,"rb");

xoxos wrote:probably host related, maybe in some cases i should ask for "host, os, employer" :hihi:

trust me, all those moving parts in there were coded by me. they're pretty nuts and bolts, so to speak ...

i open a file with
fopen(filename, "rb");

there's not a lot of complexity to it. as far as i see.. possible reasons could be.. host is appending or otherwise disrupting filename path, which would require the host coder to have taken a cavalier approach that would elicit itself elsewhere.. or samples containing unusual headers.. i'm not profit oriented enough to address all the possibilities for coding wav headers (where cavalierism predominates) so while i am happy to collate host reports for those who are interested in making decisions based on reports, i'm not sweating it a whole lot because i can see the part where it says fopen(filename,"rb");
You can ignore the tags in the WAV. Just use the main and sub chunk, it has all the info.

Maybe the problem is SE? SE plugins work for me, but none of them load files, so I can't confirm it's a SE problem.

camsr wrote: Maybe the problem is SE? SE plugins work for me, but none of them load files, so I can't confirm it's a SE problem.
cheers, that clears it up for me. sifft is indeed an SE plugin that loads files ;)

could be something like i mentioned a few posts up about the file path.. in SE, modules open files from a local 'audio' folder in the SE directory by default.. when file paths are passed in the SE modular environment as text strings, this local location is assumed, which is different than when the ensemble is compiled as a .dll and used in a host.

since SE plugins that load files work in many hosts, it seems probably due to some factor of your host interacting with SE. certainly i am not able to address this, but given awareness of the above, i wonder if sifft and other file loading SE plugins will load for you if target files are located in the same folder as the .dll?

i have no insight unless FL and jeff (and possibly mr. vista) get together to agree on path handling, i'd have to really want to use a tool in order to relocate wavs to a specific folder to use it.

Putting a wav file inside the sifft dll directory didn't work. Please figure something out!

Return to “xoxos”