SYNERGY STUDIO is out!!

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

---So far I really like this and I'm just beginning to stratch the surface of it...

I would really like to try this but I have such a hard time buying anything from 4pockets after feeling like I've been "burned" with apps like meteor and stompbox....hope it's good but I think I'm set for now!
Rock On!

How were you burned with Meteor? I own it and love it. Works great on my ipad2.

Mike

Karmacomposer wrote:How were you burned with Meteor? I own it and love it. Works great on my ipad2.

Mike
Works great on my iPad1...

Works great on my ipad3 (now we need someone with an ipad4)
Instant human just add coffee

Just tested on iPad 4 and works fine. But I never really integrated Meteor into my workflow so I don't use it.

Derek Buddemeyer wrote:I would really like to try this but I have such a hard time buying anything from 4pockets after feeling like I've been "burned" with apps like meteor and stompbox....hope it's good but I think I'm set for now!
I can't personally say I've been burned by them (I've never purchased anything from them), but their lack of online community has turned me off. Virtually every app I have is created by a developer that has an active community and easy access to the developer (ie facebook, a forum, etc). 4 Pockets seems to have purposely avoided any form of open communication (the best I think they have is a little-used fan created forum). Sure, you can send an email, but that hardly equates to the kind of community I look for from a developer. I have even emailed 4pockets a couple of times with questions and never got responses. I have really wanted to jump on the Meteor train, but have hesitated for this above mentioned single reason.

How did you get burned Derek? My reason for posting is so that the company can hopefully see the use for the community I have mentioned. Maybe comments like yours and mine could encourage them to open up a little to the public. :-)

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

I had high hopes for meteor, but it just couldn't deliver for me. I also purchased stompbox....and found it unusable. Being a professional musician, I need top shelf software and a company who will stand behind their products...I have emailed the company a couple times but never got a response. As far as guitar tone goes...I could only find one patch that I would deem adequate. I'm not trying to bash the company, but to she'll out $20 here and there, only to find that you're left with something you can't use in a real world situation...well, it kind of leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Meteor's interface IMO is clunky and feels foreign to me. I HAVE found a handful of apps that deliver the goods and I'm greatful that the developers have taken some pride in their work and it shows. These apps might work well for some people, and if so...that's great. I just can't see me using them personally for the caliber of work I need to put out...and believe me, I've tried. So, just skeptical....that's all. My goal in this industry is to be able to do away with my computer counterparts entirely, and as I am testing different apps for various developers....I can happily say, that this day is very near. Everyone has their own preferences for what apps work for them and what ones don't, so don't let my opinion sway your decision either way....this is just my take on the two apps mentioned here. I hope Synergy actually pulls it off...that would be cool. Then again, I'm VERY picky with what I choose to use on a project....probably more than most...and that's just me. Hope I didn't ruffle any feathers out there! :)
Rock On!

I bought Synergy Studio and am TOTALLY WOWED by it. It is amazing and very full featured.

Because it has a sampler, I can even develop for it and port my sounds and products to it.

Mike

Karmacomposer wrote:I bought Synergy Studio and am TOTALLY WOWED by it. It is amazing and very full featured.

Because it has a sampler, I can even develop for it and port my sounds and products to it.

Mike
That sounds like a win....import your own .wav files and edit?
Rock On!

Derek Buddemeyer wrote:
Karmacomposer wrote:I bought Synergy Studio and am TOTALLY WOWED by it. It is amazing and very full featured.

Mike
That sounds like a win....import your own .wav files and edit?
Looks that way.

Mike

---So far I'm blown away by Synergy also but...I did emaail 4Pockets and at least so far no reply...

Seems to me like rather than upgrading Aurora (old tech), they rewrote it and recharged for it. Guess that's ok, but really, nothing seems that exciting to me. Aurora sort of sucks, what makes this awesome?

A sampler? How cool! Like Garageband, samplewiz, samplr, BM 2, Nanostudio...wow, innovative!
I am just completely underwhelmed by anything and everything that 4pockets puts out. Not trolling though, if that's your thing, go for it. Meanwhile, I'll play with the iPolySix and figure out Auria.
iPad/iMac Music blog - http://whitherwalter.blogspot.com

audiojunkie wrote:
Derek Buddemeyer wrote:I would really like to try this but I have such a hard time buying anything from 4pockets after feeling like I've been "burned" with apps like meteor and stompbox....hope it's good but I think I'm set for now!
I can't personally say I've been burned by them (I've never purchased anything from them), but their lack of online community has turned me off. Virtually every app I have is created by a developer that has an active community and easy access to the developer (ie facebook, a forum, etc). 4 Pockets seems to have purposely avoided any form of open communication (the best I think they have is a little-used fan created forum). Sure, you can send an email, but that hardly equates to the kind of community I look for from a developer.
As an app developer myself I feel like I need to shed some light on why some of us don't have forums.
When you're a small team, you have to really figure out what works best and what you're able to maintain in terms of customer support.

Forums have a really bad habit of attracting spammers and keeping them clean has turned out to be a full time job. I've shut down our forums because we just didn't have the manpower to keep the spammers away. I know from at least one other developer that he struggled with this as well and had to shut down a forum because of this.

My opinion is that if you can't provide a service that is pleasant to use, you should not provide it at all.

oldlibmike wrote:Seems to me like rather than upgrading Aurora (old tech), they rewrote it and recharged for it. Guess that's ok, but really, nothing seems that exciting to me. Aurora sort of sucks, what makes this awesome?

A sampler? How cool! Like Garageband, samplewiz, samplr, BM 2, Nanostudio...wow, innovative!
I am just completely underwhelmed by anything and everything that 4pockets puts out. Not trolling though, if that's your thing, go for it. Meanwhile, I'll play with the iPolySix and figure out Auria.
I bought Aurora - this is NOT Aurora at all, in any way. Only the Mixer looks and feels like Meteor's mixer, but everything else is different. It has a sampler, synths and GREAT pattern edit page, a great phrase arp page and tons more. This product sounds amazing and is VERY responsive. The effects sound excellent, too. It is truly worth $20. In a way, it has that Stylus RMX feel but with a pattern interface.

Mike

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”