Electri6ity

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

4lb Kitty wrote:Thanks! :tu:

Is there a really good, thick palm mute in there anywhere? I'm having troubles with that in Electri6ity.
Just about any of the distorted rhythm guitars should have a heavy palm muted tone.. even a few of the leads were programmed that way.

I forgot to mention the Morph VMT setting is sorta free floating. So if it gets set to 0 by your controller, the sound will be very weak.

I switched the Morphs on the performance page, so that keyboard/controller velocity affects the mute/pick articulations and you'll need another controller to affect the picked velocity articulations.

I set up my daw to keep a steady 80% on the Morph VMT (pick velocity articulation). My brother (who's an actual guitarist) complains that it sounds weird because there's no variation in the dynamics/loudness of the guitar.. it's very mechanical.

My general response to that is.. "That's Technical Death Metal! deal with it!".

\m/

Thanks again!

I'll play around and see what I can come up with.
Blue Phase Music

Thanks Rick, Modern guitar parts, when played by real guitar players, are very tight, and in your face, not much variation in volume, in the heavy parts.
I think electri6ity is the most realistic library.I'm getting better tone with
v-metal and shreddage.
Try the new studio devil vtp in front of your amp sims

bill45 wrote:Thanks Rick, Modern guitar parts, when played by real guitar players, are very tight, and in your face, not much variation in volume, in the heavy parts.
I think electri6ity is the most realistic library.I'm getting better tone with
v-metal and shreddage.
Try the new studio devil vtp in front of your amp sims
Yeah.. with all the drum replacement, track chopping & sequencing in modern extreme metal.. I figure I'm pretty much cutting to the chase by eliminating real instruments altogether. lol

I think v-metal and shreddage are probably easier to use in the long run, because the actual samples and basic performance techniques are focused on 'Metal'.

The thing I like about Electri6ity, over those others mentioned.. is the extreme sample detail, and the many pages of parameter tweaking options. Allows me to really craft a unique, direct(clean) guitar sound, before it even hits the amp/cab & fx sims.

I'm an old-school synth/sound designer at heart.. so that level of tweak-able detail really works for me.

What would be even more awesome.. would be the ability to mix n match all the different aspects of the various guitars. Like creating a unique guitar that has the mutes of the Rickenbacker, the sustains of the Les Paul(low velocity samples)/Strat(high velocity samples).. and the squeals of the Lipstick.. and other weird variations.

Yeah, a super guitar.Load the rick, les paul, strat, and lipstick, in 1 kontakt instanceset each 1, to it's own midi channel.

Im pressing keys on my keyboard and dont get maybe one or two tones to play any ideas? I just bought this and I dont know why its so frustrating to try and play.

royaldeadman wrote:Im pressing keys on my keyboard and dont get maybe one or two tones to play any ideas? I just bought this and I dont know why its so frustrating to try and play.
Not really sure what you mean by, "get maybe one or two tones to play".

Do you mean you can only trigger a few notes on your keyboard?

Hit b0 any F#0 the play E1-E4.

only a few notes.

Merry Christmas my electi6ity friends
The lead is v metal with the new amplitube 3 carvin head
The semi distorted guitar is the mor2 carvin, the clean ps electri6ity with the
amp configuration as the lead,valhalla ubermod and vroom are the guitar EFX.
enjoy!
https://soundcloud.com/bill45heavy/chri ... meishermp3

bill45 wrote:Merry Christmas my electi6ity friends
The lead is v metal with the new amplitube 3 carvin head
The semi distorted guitar is the mor2 carvin, the clean ps electri6ity with the
amp configuration as the lead,valhalla ubermod and vroom are the guitar EFX.
enjoy!
https://soundcloud.com/bill45heavy/chri ... meishermp3
cool stuff man. nice work. :)

Thanks Rick, How is your project going?

bill45 wrote:Thanks Rick, How is your project going?
I just approved the artwork proofs for replication a few hours ago.. will have the final product in about 3 weeks. 8)

Cool, Can't wait man!

Teaser trailer for the new album (will be released early 2013):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0l35M979Xg

happy new year everyone. :D

Return to “Instruments”