I told my faithful Marguerite (soundscape sort of thing)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I told my faithful Marguerite
2:17 / 4.2MB mp3 / 3.8MB ogg

mp3 . . . . ogg

Might be better with headphones.

Used: MU.LAB, Audacity, OcenAudio, Telecaster->Amplitube (Fender Bassman LTD)->Möbius, Oxygen 49->sfz w/steinbow_mg sf2->Hadron, Voxengo Recorder, Reverberate LE, unstable, Sanford Phaser CM, Predatohm, Roundtone, SPAN, recording of a coffee maker, Zoom H2.
No longer a moderator.

No longer a moderator.

nice. fragmentary. evocative. there's a nice 'groove' to things even though things are falling apart. great atmosphere. and a sense of more things to come...a sense of preparation, the tuning up before a particularly momentous performance of a particularly strange work.

It actually reminded me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bekp_1K-Goo

I hope you don't consider that an insult :)

Your morning coffee making endeavours seem to go off in an entirely different direction to those chez Seismic. I really enjoyed the obvious guitar parts at the beginning, and there was little riff on an e-piano where I thought you were about to head off into a Jazz groove. All followed by that build-up. And then, before I knew it, coffee was ready.

Good work :)

Wonderfully organic snippets rolled into a fascinating soundscape, love it!

The bonus track is gorgeous... pitch shifting, side banding, noise... yum!
Image Image

Curious.
This made me think of some ancient machine that had been discovered and finally started up for the first time in centuries.

The bonus track was clearly recorded by an underwater swimmer at a baths in China :P :D
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

it sounds like a victorola 78 player in the other room. maybe it's the 'frequency curve'?

there's something about this... really cool.

Thanks, everyone.

phoenstorm, I don't consider that an insult at all.
No longer a moderator.

A curious, disturbing and wonderful piece of sound design.

Thanks 8)

folderol wrote:
The bonus track was clearly recorded by an underwater swimmer at a baths in China :P :D
.........whilst the Jovian maintenance operative troubleshoots the faulty plumbing.

you cleverly conceal your agenda ,
scattered amidst rumor , and apophenia ...

Thanks, chums.
No longer a moderator.

Return to “Music Cafe”