ChineeXun updated and the releases of QIN RV 2.0 engine update for the free ChineeGuZheng Classic

Official support for: chineekong.com & kongaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We have just udpated ChineeXun and released QIN RV 2.0 engine update for the free ChineeGuZheng Classic.

Kong Audio has released an update for the freeware ChineeGuZheng Classic featuring the new QIN RV 2.0 engine, and an update for ChineeXun.

ChineeGuZheng Classic has an extensive sampleset which contains various types of tremolo, slide, Glissando, and strumming. It is the predecessor of the brand new ChineeGuZheng II. The free ChineeGuzheng Classic powered by the brand new QIN RV 2.0 engine is now available for download.

ChineeXun, the Chinese ocarina, has had the sampleset updated with fixes and modifications. This update is free for existing customers.

QIN RV 2.0 engine sports 16 MIDI and Audio channels with multi-timbral capability and can load multiple KAI instruments for easier project and resource management.

Some features of standard QIN RV instruments are disabled in the free GuZheng Classic:
Velocity Mapping in Keymaps Editor disabled.
Keywsitch 2 and Keyswitch 3 Extenders disabled.

For more info about ChineeXun:
http://www.chineekong.com/chineexun.htm
http://soundcloud.com/kong-audio-llc/xun-xiaoxumusic
For the download links of ChineeGuZheng Classic:
http://www.chineekong.com/freebies.htm
http://soundcloud.com/kong-audio-llc/de ... eng-solo-1

Is there an issue with installing this with the previous version of ChineeZheng_Classic already installed?

I twice tried installing the new version (first running the program installer, followed by the soundbank installer).

The Qin_RV.DLL will load and open in my host, but no instruments show in the browser. I have not moved the VST or the soundbanks from their installed locations. The previous version still works fine.

Why am I not seeing any instruments?

TIA,
SWTrex
"Sometimes I think of Abraham...
How one star he saw had been lit for me"

Hi SWTrex,

QIN v1.0 and QIN RV 2.0 plugins can coexist peacefully. Each has its own soundbank files though, so you must install the new QIN RV 2.0's GuZheng Classic soundbank too, and make sure you install the soundbank AFTER you have installed QIN RV 2.0.

If you have already done all that, then chance are either you have a corrupted soundbank installer, or your antivirus/internet security software is preventing the soundbank from installing properly. We currently have 1 report about Kasperskly blocking GuZheng Classic's soundbank from installing.

Check the short tutorial about installation here: (ignore the authorization part. Free KAI instruments do not require authorization.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8MMqUy3q34

Thanks for the reply.

I did everything as prescribed. I don't believe I have a corrupt soundbank installer, or that my antivirus was preventing proper installation. On both installation attempts, the installation proceeded to completion. To be sure, I disabled my anti-virus software and repeated the installation.

In the folder I specified the soundbanks to be installed to, I see a collection of .KAS files that are identical to those I have for the 2.0 version.

The soundbank file I am installing is named "KAI_GuZheng_Classic.exe". Is this the correct soundbank installation file for QIN RV 2.0?

Finally, is there a registry setting I can check which points to the location of the soundbank?

Thanks,
SWTrex
"Sometimes I think of Abraham...
How one star he saw had been lit for me"

Hi SWTrex,

The KAI installer is correct.

The location info can be found in the Qin_RV.XML which resides in the same folder as Qin_RV.DLL. The KAI installer must be able to write into that XML for QIN RV to locate it.

You can also check the Helper to see if ChineeGuZheng Classic is listed there once installed (as shown in the video):

Qin Helper (registration tool)v 2.0.8
http://www.chineekong.com/downloads2012/Qin_Helper.exe

Also, what is your OS? Win7? 32 or 64-bit?

One more thing that might worth mentioning is that you should avoid manually moving Qin_RV.DLL. Use the installer to put it where you want it to be.

*I'm unsure what you mean "In the folder I specified the soundbanks to be installed to, I see a collection of .KAS files that are identical to those I have for the 2.0 version." You mean QIN 1.0 free guzheng, right? the KAS is our sample subset format. I'm not sure if there is any change to GuZheng Classic's samplesets though.
**Another thing: are you our customer? If so, it could be caused by the version difference. Simply run Qin Helper (must be v2.0.8, as says in the helper's title) again and that should solve this problem. And please note that you need to download the QIN RV installer from the free guzheng page and install it over the old QIN RV you had.

Haven't done this update to Classic yet. Anyone have a take on whether its worthwhile? Love the original :)

LAGinz wrote:Haven't done this update to Classic yet. Anyone have a take on whether its worthwhile? Love the original :)
Give it a try, since both can coexist peacefully. QIN RV works better in more hosts and this version of GuZheng comes with more presets, IIRC. That said, a few features that are in the QIN v1.0 version have been disabled, as listed above.

Unless you must use those features to adjust/make your own patches, the new version should suit most people better...

So, is the v. 2 QIN finally able to support Ableton Live?

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Yes! :):D

Xie xie! Looks like I have to dig out my old suona et alii and try to reinstall/update/authorise…

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Hmmm...

The links for downloading the Qin RV Installer seems to be broken (as well as the link to Qin_Helper.exe mentioned earlier in this thread).

Have you taken it down or is it just a mistake that it is missing?

Sincerely,
Dennis

Hi Dennis,

This thread was from last year, hence the links have been changed. Please kindly PM me with your name (the one use for purchase) and I'll provide you with the latest links.

sosayweall wrote:Hi Dennis,

This thread was from last year, hence the links have been changed. Please kindly PM me with your name (the one use for purchase) and I'll provide you with the latest links.
Hi there sosayweall,

I know it was from last year and I didn't buy anything but tried to follow the link for downloading the Qin RV on http://www.chineekong.com/freebies.html for the free edition to try out the ChineeGuZheng classic... And that link is broken and just gives a 404.
The links for the sound banks and the update seems to work but are useless without the Qin RV engine.

Sincerely
Dennis

Arrrh. Dennis, you are absolutely correct. The link is now fixed. Please kindly visit the page again. Thank you for letting us know.

Hi sosayweall,

Excellent - thanks for fixing.
Will try it out now.

Positive regards,
Dennis

Return to “Kong Audio”