December Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Jawbone here.
Last edited by D.H. Miltz on Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
No longer a moderator.

5 little warriors: 143bpm in 4/4

Well, I think this month will be extremely challenging as absolutely none of last months tracks sound even remotely like any National Anthem I've ever heard :?

Jon

Doc Jon wrote:Well, I think this month will be extremely challenging as absolutely none of last months tracks sound even remotely like any National Anthem I've ever heard :?

Jon
absolutely.. I was just checking youtube if there are any unusual hymns of small island countries I have never heard of..but it's all either pathetic or march music or pathetic march music :shrug:

Well, sure, that's why we must have new ones.

No need to take the old ones as models (though you can if you want to).
No longer a moderator.

forw wrote:5 little warriors: 143bpm in 4/4
Added to the submission/theme post.
No longer a moderator.

.....although bzur's opening 30secs or so will do very nicely, with some great crowd noise in the rest of the piece :)

Well I'd better get started then - I already have the drum track down... :hihi:

Drum n Coke is 120bpm, 4/4
can't sing, can't play, looks awful.....

The Wicked Helix : 130 bpm in 4/4

Thumping Deep: 4/4 at 90 bpm

Added bpm/time signature info where appropriate.
No longer a moderator.

Been trying a few things--since Nov has basically nothing but percussive elements, I am thinking to make my track a 'martial' type anthem which usually has a marching beat. Listening to anthems from around the world, most have very little-to-zero percussion--the Irish, English, American ones for example--even the Chinese one.

So, I've thought about that, listened to some of the Nov entries, and decided it'd be better if I went with a march than try to mangle/stretch/warp/slice/up-octave someone's percussive tracks into anything resembling a melody, making it then largely unrecognizable.

Well, that's my take anyway. Should be fun!

Good Me You Luck To! :)

robojam wrote:Well I'd better get started then - I already have the drum track down... :hihi:
:hihi:

gonna have to pass on the contest for Dec
A. my real job is so freakin' busy this time of year; I'll have bery little time or energy for music creation
B. the parameters of this month's challenge just don't work for me

I'll prolly cobble together some sort of "holiday" tune & post below, if you hava minute to provide feedback at some point this month - I really appreciate & respect everyone's opinion here

peace
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Return to “Music Cafe”