MenuMagic is an enhanced plug-in manager for Cakewalk's Sonar Digital Audio Workstations that takes the concept of plug-in management to whole new levels.
Latest thread: Oct 19th, 2013
MenuMagic v2 (beta build 188.8.131.52)
- Fixed bug where VST3 plugins in rendered menus did not show up correctly in Sonar because of wrong information.
- Other fixes (though not as serious) and enhancements
Previous thread: Oct 13th, 2013
MenuMagic v2 (beta build 184.108.40.206)
Fixes for Sonar X3, VST3 support & Waves plug-ins
plus variety of enhancements.
- Bug fixes & tweaks supporting Sonar X3
Various bugs discovered after the v220.127.116.11 release.
If you have Sonar X3 - definitely install this build!
- VST3 plug-ins enhancements
New name matching / categorization matching algorithms to match your VST3 plug-ins with setting used by their VST2 counterparts.
- Waves plug-in enhancements
- Now eliminates the text "(0)" that appeared on some systems in the names of Waves plug-ins.
- Waves Shell is now automatically excluded**
** the shell itself serves no purposed in menus, this change does not affect how Waves plug-ins work or are handled.
Several versions were set to be excluded by the autocat feature. New code should handle older versions as well as future versions.
- Enhanced name /category handling when reinstalling formerly deleted plug-ins (same or other version).
Improved plug-in matching code and fixed issue which might have prevented some plug-ins from re-discovering their old settings.
- Name Fixes tab / Categorization tab
The Quick Info feature (popup that occurs when you right click on one or more plug-in names) has been enhanced.
- There was a problem on our web server that prevented some of the personal download links from updating (pointing) to the latest version of MenuMagic. This has been fixed - my apologies to anyone who was inconvenienced by the glitch.
The images haven't been updated to show changes in this latest release.
Previous thread: Oct 11th, 2013
MenuMagic v2 (beta build 18.104.22.168)
- Cleaned up problem that occurred on some systems with names of Waves plug-in containing "(0)" at end of plug-in name.
- Fixed error that occurred during MenuMagic load if system did not have Sonar X3 installed.
Previous thread: Oct 10th, 2013
MenuMagic v2 (beta build 22.214.171.124)
New build of the MenuMagic v2 beta has been released!
This update is free to registered users - use your personal download link for the v2 beta.
Major Changes in MenuMagic v2 (beta build 126.96.36.199)
- Support for Sonar X3 and for VST3 plug-ins
- Various bug fixes & tweaks
Support for VST3 plug-ins as they appear in Sonar X3.
- Status Tab
- Stats for VST3 plug-ins
- Updated Plug-in Filter (previously labeled Plug-in Visibility) in bottom left corner.
- Suffix Handling and UnCategorized Plug-in Handling are now separate sub-tabs
Control what folder your uncategorized plug-ins appear in (not a new feature except for the VST3 handling.
- Plug-in Filter (bottom left) has been updated to include VST3s.
If "Show Plug-in Type Information" is checked VST3s are identified with "3" for VST3 and "3i" for VST3i
Quick Info feature:
- Image shows how VST3s are identified (within MenuMagic).
- IsVST column has been rename to PlugType
- Appearance Options showing new VST3 grid legend labels
- Formerly name 'CW Plug-In Scanner'
Image below shows new setting Sonar X3 options
Various bug fixes & tweaks
- Save Menu Layouts
Fixed problem when saving layout to "All Sonar Layouts"
- Plug-in Info Grid
- Fixed bug where when loading/changing grid layouts that MenuMagic could lock up forcing you to terminate application to close it.
- When Resetting the Grid and choosing the ALL option - search indexes are now reset as well to the default setting (on Menu Name).
- When in search mode hitting F3 will search for next match.
When Help is in external mode and in search mode hitting F3 will search for next match.
- Various tweaks to fix minor appearance issues, improve performance, etc.
- Help documentation
The images in the help documentation have not been updated to show changes in this latest release.
- Dupe Fixer - does not currently recognize VST3 versions of VST2 plug-ins as dupes.
On the to-do list.
Mixing usage of Waves VST 2 & VST 3 plug-ins in a project - NO!
This is a Waves issue - not an issue with Sonar or MenuMagic.
You cannot have mix the usage of different types (VST 2/VST 3) of Waves plug-ins in a project without bad things happening! The different Wave shells are not compatible and it can cause all your Wave plug-in in the project to be silent or even crash Sonar!
- I will be looking at having MenuMagic do some optional filtering or Dupe Fixing to prevent you from creating 'dangerous' menus that contain both. But until I can get around it to it - it's up to you not shoot yourself in the foot!
Current Early Adopter discounted price is $21.99
regular price $69.99
Price will increase in later beta stages and all early adopter discounts will expire on the final release of V2.
MenuMagic Purchase link
Buy now and you will receive the latest version of MenuMagic, access to beta versions and receive a free upgrade to version 2 when it is released.