Berlin Modular (ancient thread)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Urs wrote:
Darknesslord wrote:Hi Urs

When do you think to introduce the full and complete version of Bazille ? early or mid or late 2013 ? any idea
No idea... but we do think we should finish Bazille up and make her a sister of ACE. The actual concept of Berlin Modular has evolved so far away from the original 3-synth concept that Bazille stands right there for herself. Just needs a few bits and bops.
I sure would like multicore support... also unison and if possible a draft mode... plus a scope input (w default as is)

pdxindy wrote:I sure would like multicore support... also unison and if possible a draft mode... plus a scope input (w default as is)
Yeah, that would be doable...

Last edited by lofty on Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AFAIK, there us is no plan to be able to crosswire
between the different plugins (say ACE to Bazille).
The Berlin Modular is more a suite of plugins than
windows of a single unified one. I hope Urs or one
of the u-he crew will correct me if I am wrong. It
sounds like it would be a cool idea if it could be
make to work. 8) :love:

Getting lots of pops and clicks in Reaper 64, win 7 64. Anyone have any ideas? I guess I will have to find time to wade through 80 pages of posts :D

From what I read recently here on this Forum that the Berlin Modular idea is likely not going to end up being a suite, but just one self contained instrument.

I'm interested in this. I would also kind of prefer to just have one well fleshed out plug than three. Easier to learn, less expensive to develop and maintain. So it's ACE that gets maintained and upgraded((thanks for the multicore upgrade!), and it's sister plug based on Bazille. From what I understand further is that Zebra 3 may be taking most of the development teams time right now.

Regards

Wade
Last edited by TwoToneshuzz on Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

TwoToneshuzz wrote:From what I read recently here on this Forum that the Berlin Modular idea is likely not going to end up being a suite, but just one self conatined instrument.

I'm interested in this. I would also kind of prefer to just have one well fleshed out plug than three. Easier to learn, less expensive to develop and maintain. So it's ACE that gets maintained and upgraded((thanks for the multicore upgrade!), and it's sister plug based on Bazille. From what I understand further is that Zebra 3 may be taking most of the development teams time right now.
Yep.

Panphobia wrote:Getting lots of pops and clicks in Reaper 64, win 7 64. Anyone have any ideas? I guess I will have to find time to wade through 80 pages of posts :D
are you using long release times on the envelopes? Try setting the the 'mode' from poly to mono. Does the problem go away?

Actually now that you mention it, I only get pops and clicks when playing more than one note. Thanks for the tip, I will try that out. Any idea why this would happen? It almost sounds like my processor is getting maxed out, but I have i7 930 which is not top of the line, but should be roubust enough to handle a single instance of a synth in poly mode with no effects or other tracks in the project. I tried 'dedicated process' in reaper, same result.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe my sound card needs software update (presonus audiobox vsl 22) or maybe I can experiment with different latecny times. Will post back if I find anything.

In any case this synth sounds bad ass. All of the U-he stuff is on my short list.

Panphobia wrote:Actually now that you mention it, I only get pops and clicks when playing more than one note. Thanks for the tip, I will try that out. Any idea why this would happen? It almost sounds like my processor is getting maxed out, but I have i7 930 which is not top of the line, but should be roubust enough to handle a single instance of a synth in poly mode with no effects or other tracks in the project. I tried 'dedicated process' in reaper, same result.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe my sound card needs software update (presonus audiobox vsl 22) or maybe I can experiment with different latecny times. Will post back if I find anything.

In any case this synth sounds bad ass. All of the U-he stuff is on my short list.
What sample rate you run at? Bazille uses lots of CPU, but you should get more than 1 note...

Using Bazille in poly mode can be very CPU intensive. I can easily max out a core on my quad i7 MacBook Pro when playing chords using a patch with a lot of FM or feedback. There are settings on the 'trimpots' tab that can help reduce CPU usage. Try turning of AudioRate FilterFM to see if performance improves.

Thanks Justin, got it working pretty well now :)

Panphobia wrote:Thanks Justin, got it working pretty well now :)
What did you do to get it running cool? What was the prob? :)

chilly7 wrote:
JoeCat wrote:Bazille "skin":

Just a half-hearted attempt at something light (maybe I'll do a darker one also). Probably lots of problems - haven't played with it yet, but you are of course free to mess with it! Most of the work is in the script file.

It's all here - back up your "Resources" folder and replace with this one:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31416093/Misc/ ... ources.zip

Enjoy!
Wow very nice thank u!
I think when knobs instead of yellow will be white too will be much cooler! :oops:
A little late lol:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31416093/Misc/ ... ources.zip

In this case, the knobs actually have a little gray-blue gradient to white, but you can change them
(it's easy to change the knobs - look for the following in "Bazille.txt"

COLOUR name='defaultCirc1' rgba='DDEEDDFF'

COLOUR name='defaultCirc2' rgba='EEFFEEff'

COLOUR name='defaultCirc3' rgba='FFFFFFff'

The original is posted on the U-he site (thanks Urs!) :D

Return to “u-he”